We can't say enough positive things about the windjammer. From the time we arrived when we were greeted with cool towels and a rum punch to our easy checkout it was just divine. Check-in was a dream where they allow you to rest in the lobby couches as they handle your paperwork, provide you with cocktails and introduce themselves. They then quickly take you to your room and ensure you are settled in. We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa and I must admit I was skeptical of the "open air" concept however, it was extremely comfortable. The bedrooms are air-conditioned so you sleep comfortably but the rest of the villa has beautiful breezes coming through from the ocean. The views are spectacular and the villas are so spacious you will want to move in permanently! Our suite was gorgeous with a great caribbean feel and decor. Full kitchens with all modern amentities so you are able to cook in the suite should you prefer. Our children absolutely loved the plunge pool and would start and end their day in it. I don't agree with the other reviews about bug problems - we had no issues with this at all. We did turnout lights off before leaving for dinner so perhaps that helped.
The beach is beautiful and there was never a problem getting chairs or towels. A few days into our trip, we realized that we could order lunch at the beach restaurant and they would deliver it to you on the beach. When I asked about this, one of the employees said, "of course we'll deliver it to you - you're on vacation!". Wow ...again, we were never made to feel that any of our requests were too big!
We were also unsure whether we would like staying so far up on a hill as we usually stay at resorts where we are directly on the beach however, the shuttle buses would be at your door within minutes of calling them so their was no inconvenience whatsoever. I did walk to the main lobby on a few occasions and yes, it is quite steep, but if you are feeling sporty, then it's a good workout! It's only about a 5 minute walk and quite scenic.
The staff is exceptional. Everyone we met was very friendly and helpful. Unlike other resorts, they do not provide you with less service if you do not tip every time. We have stayed at other resorts where if you are not holding money out at the bar, you will be ignored, this is not the case with the windjammer. When we spoke to employees, many of them had been at the windjammer for at least 5 years. I think this longer service speaks to the fact that management treats their employees well and, as a result, this is reflected in how the staff treats the guests. A few employees deserve to be mentioned. Althebert ("Rocket") , a groundskeeper, was a real delight. We met him one morning and happened to mention to him that we loved mangos. When we returned from the beach that day, he had cut down 12 mangos for us to enjoy! Oustanding! Jeannette, a waitress in Upper Deck, was also lovely. Her warm smile and exceptional service made us return to Upper deck just to be served by her. Nona as well at the beach bar was terrific - she handled multiple daily requests from our children for fruit punches and always did so with a smile! John, the General manager, was a real class act. He was extremely visible and interacted daily with the guests, always remebering everyones' names and ensuring they were happy. We loved meeting him and hearing some of the history about the resort.
The food at all the restaurants is top notch and you will not be disappointed. We sampled all the restaurants but upper deck and jammers were our favourites as they are directly on the ocean and open air so you see and hear the beautiful ocean. We did the all inclusive option and I would recommend this as the prices can be expensive if you are paying al carte. The tap water is drinkable which a nice change from many Caribbean resorts, however, they provide you with huge bottles of water if you prefer. There is a mini-store on the resort so you can purchase snacks and beverages for your room.
They keep the grounds beautiful with lovely flowers and well-maintained, clean public areas. Yes there are stray cats on the resort but, honestly, they are adorable and don't bother you if you don't want them to. If you feed them, then yes, they will hang around your feet but if you don't, then they quickly move on! Honestly though, we loved seeing the kittens and thought it was a nice touch to the "homey" feeling at the resort.
This is not a "loud" resort with tons of nightlife which is exactly what we were looking for! If you want a resort with a casino, a nightclub and extragavant nightly shows, the windjammer is not your place. We loved that it was not the "big party" that we have experienced at other all-inclusives. They have a different nightly local band that usually ends at around 11:00 pm and that was perfect for us. There was some dancing but it was not a rowdy bunch. Our kids would swim in the pool while we listened to music and enjoyed a nightcap poolside. It was perfect.
Our only issue was our housekeeping services. We would often have to call to receive towels - there were some days when we had none. And our toiletries were not replenished, which after a day at beach, is very much needed. However, these were minor inconveniences that we could overlook because everything else was outstanding!
We were so sorry to leave at the end of our trip but we are thrilled that we have finally found such a gorgeous resort that treats their guests well and provides such phenomal service. I hope this never changes as we are already planning our return trip for year! Thank you Windjammer for such a wonderful family vacation ... Everything was top-notch!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Destinology, West Indies, TravelUp, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries