We just returned from our third consecutive visit over Christmas to the Windjammer Landing. It's not like us to visit a resort for consecutive years, but we had such a wonderful time last December we really wanted to return. We were a bit concerned because of the damage caused by the mudslides, and we had heard that two of the restaurants had been closed. However, we were assured that they would be reopened by the time we arrived, and everything was pretty much back to normal. (Four villas had to be demolished due to structural damage caused by the mudslides.)
We found that the Windjammer Landing had undergone some nice renovations since last year. We requested the same villa that we had last year, and were pleased to find all new furniture, with the rooms freshly painted. The views were spectacular, and we were very pleased to see that our request for the same accommodations was honored.
The staff at Windjammer are by far the most gracious and courteous one could find anywhere. They are really eager to please their guests, and go out of their way to prove it to you. There was a special lobster dinner available when we were there, but I was told that there were no more lobsters toward the end of the week. When Windjammer staff learned that there were more lobsters, they sought me out to tell me that they would put aside lobsters for us. That's just one example of how the staff sincerely wants to please its guests.
The food at Windjammer is wonderful. Care is taken to make one's dining experience great, and we are pretty fussy eaters. We enjoyed all our meals at Upper Deck, Dragonfly, and Papa Don's. It's unusual to find a resort that caters to families with such excellent food. The lunches at Jammers were also top quality, although the service at Jammers at lunchtime can be quite slow. There are just so many people and only two places to eat lunch.
The water is great for swimming; the views are spectacular; there are timeshares at Windjammer, but they sell themselves so there are no pushy sales pitches attempting to sell them to you. Everything is 100% professional.
I highly recommend this resort, and would be happy to answer questions if anyone would care to e-mail me. We spent 11 nights at Windjammer, and we really had a wonderful time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, West Indies, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries