My Husband and I have just returned from our honeymoon, on the beautiful island of st lucia, we were lucky enough to have won a week of luxury at Windjammer on a tv programme in England, they could not have picked a better destination for us.
Although there was a 90 minute transfer from Hewanorra Airport to the resort, it was definitely worth it when we arrived. We were greeted by friendly staff who took care of all our needs.
We stayed in Villa 57B it was gorgeous, but quite high up, . however, there is a very reliable and frequent Shuttle that runs direct from the reception area every 15 minutes on the hour, You do rely on the shuttle as all the Villas are built on a very steep hills, its not the kind of resort you can take a stroll around put it that way, and if you want to venture out of the resort, a taxi is needed or the hire of a car. Taxis into Rodney Bay cost approx $12usd one way and you ar expected to pay a tip (for everything i might add)
We would definitely recommend going to "Jump up" which is a street party every friday night in Gros Islet/Rodney Bay...great partying with all the locals who are all really friendly and have you up dancing, local cuisine is cooked and you can eat and drink all you like at a reasonable cost.
Rodney Bay itself has lots of restaurants, we didnt eat at any of them though but they did look nice and were told they were nice too, we were on an all inclusive basis at Windjammer, so we chose to eat at the resort every night, its not your normal all inclusive type holiday, you have a choice of restaurants to eat in and a menu to chose from, so they was always a choice.. Upper Deck was open in the evenings for dinner and was our favourite one, there was also Dragonfly (open for breakfast and dinner) and Jammers ( open for lunch and dinner) Papa dons (open for dinner) Embers Bar ( Open for lunch, snacks etc) All with a very good choice of menu and the food was great, we could not complain once.
The beach was gorgeous, and we really did feel like we were in paradise, the only downside to the beach was, they had a small part sectioned off for swimming, as the rest of the beach had "Urchins" which was a bit of a pain but we could live with it, there was a great Iceberg climing frame in the water which was a hit with the children and adults, also a water trampiline and a water slide.
The locals on the beach were fantastic, PALMER was a great laugh and offers some great Reflexology while you sunbathe, at a cost of approx $30-40usd NICK was a very charming man with a lovely smile and makes Hand Made Jewellery, we had a bracelet and Necklace made for our 2 year old daughter, there was also JANNO who does art work, and JAMBO who makes Bowls and Hats out of the Palm Trees, Great job too and such a lovely man.
The other good thing about the beach was the cold wet towels they brought round, and the flag beside your bed which you could raise and they would come and serve you direct, food, drink etc.
we travelled 15th-22nd Jan and the weather was glorious, it was a very windy island but it was well needed.
at 4pm every day you get free banana rides and dingo rides, the watersports are also free anytime of the day, providing there are not motorised, so catamarans, pedlos etc were free and we did take advantage of that.
The Villas and outside facilities were extremley clean and well looked after.
We would definitely recommend the Jammers Day Sail, $100 usd pp and well worth it, you get to see alot of the island and visit a waterfall, volcano, coco plant, marigot bay, you also get to snorkel and lunch included, and as many soft drinks or rum punch as you can take!!! very good value for money and a good laugh.
We also had a couples massage at the Serenity Spa which was amazing and by far one of the best massages we have ever experienced, and we have had a few!! although the spa could do with a little make over!!
We also took a 2 hour Horse riding trip where we got to swim with the horses, that was a great experience too... we were only there for a week so we did what we could and managed to come home with a great tan.
Overall, we had a fantastic experience, the people are so friendly, the rooms are cleaned and beds made everyday and fresh towels, the security is tight, there are always guards roaming around the place day and night which makes you feel very safe.
The only downside to this place was the evening entertainment, there were a couple of bands and singers and some fire dancers, but they didnt really live up to our expectations, however i would not let this put you off, the place is perfect for honeymooners like us, or families, the kids facilities are great and we were a little disappointed that our little girl was not with us, but it was our honeymoon! They have a kids club for 4+ and they children were well looked after, you often see them having fun and eating a healthy lunch.
I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone thinking of travelling to st lucia, it has everything to offer, amazing views, people, food, sun, ( oh and rain but that was needed too some evenings and never lasted long)
We will 100% be returning to this resort in the near future, next time with our daughter, we had a fantastic time and wish we had longer than a week!!
Thank you to everyone at Windjammer for makingf our honeymoon a dream in paradise come true, we cant wait to see you all again.
I would like to add that if you opt for the all inclusive package, to keep your eye on your room folio, you are given a bill after every breakfast, lunch and dinner and the charge is taken off at the end of the day - strange, we did have a couple of problems with this but nothing that wasnt easily sorted out.
Cant wait to come back
Grace & Jonathan Nash ( UK) xxx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, West Indies, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Travelbag, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries