My husband and I stayed at Windjammer for a week, and we will not return for a few reasons. The first is that we're vegetarians, and the menu choices were highly limited. Unless you want to eat fish and pizza all week, it's not an ideal situation. The food is also incredibly overpriced (and some of it, especially the desserts, are mediocre), with no differentiation between lunch and dinner menus, so unless you're doing all-inclusive, this resort is not worth the money.
If you do go, ask for your room to be treated for mosquitoes every day, and request a net for your bed. The resort has an enormous mosquito problem, and that can really limit your enjoyment of the island.
One more issue is the politeness of the staff. They were not rude (except for one woman named Frances who tried to bully us into buying a time share), but they never went out of their way to make us comfortable. We had to request everything, whereas at other five-star resorts, the staff works very hard to make sure you don't need to be without whatever you require. We also had the feeling that the staff didn't really care whether or not we were enjoying our stay, and that's inexcusable at a good resort.
The beach is lovely, and the pools are great. If you have limited mobility, however, you want to stay somewhere else, because the only way of getting to and from your room is via shuttle on windy and steep roads.
Other than the beautiful environment of the resort, we really were not that impressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, West Indies, Odigeo, Expedia, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries