The small island of St Lucia has alot to offer. No where more so than Rendezvous
The small drive, to a very warm welcome, im told to leave my bags, go to the beach lounge area check in and relax im on holiday...i didnt look back from then.
Rendezvous is the place wher you think it they provide it, if its food and drink or solving boredum to improving your swing.
We had a lovely Garden Room on the third floor with a lovely view of the lush grounds. Yes rooms are basic but clean, with a radio/CD/Ipod dock if necessary. Lovely REN toiletries in the bathroom. Jugs of drinking water and lovley balcony to watch the sunset and rise.
The meal times are as big or as small as you like. Again you think what you want to eat and it will come up in the week. Nachos and hotdogs by the pool..not your thing...burger and chips for lunch...New Zealand Lamb...we had 6 types of cooked fish ...salads, ice creams beef wellington. All the themed nights allow you to eat several styles in a week and not get bored. The Barbeque on the beach is amazing
We tried the cycle ride into Castries which is a 90 minute tour of the city by Dino of the cathedral and market areas, handy for souveniers of t-shirts, dolls, fridge magnets
Water arobics everyday with Pauline a must even if you think its not your thing give it a go everyone else does. Archery great even if you havent done it before. Beach cricket, dancing lessons, walks to the lighthouse (great views of the bay).
If the activities arnt your thing its not a problem, you want a quiet life its fine, the drinks will come to you at the pool, even if you dont ask, great service, chamapagne, rum punch , water you can have it. Cold towels when it gets hot.
There are three pools. the main one, spa pool, and lazy river plus the sea is very warm. Plenty of loungers, umbrellas, even double beds for that romantic cuddle or if you have had enough just hop into a hammock they are all over the property.
There are two tennis courts (floodlit) which can be for fun or a lesson, a gym, with full equipment and air coditioned.
Plenty of little areas around the property to do what you want, chat, drinks, sleep , get involved , people watch.
There is a lovley new "departures" lounge which is whne you have to check out and has lovely showers and lockers and towels to get changed
If you want to catch up with the real world there are cable fed TVs in the gym with BBC news and CNN and sports channels. Also internet in the lobby plus twice a week a local newpaper and a bookshelf with left over books from past guests
Small shop on site sells everything, reasonabily price including duty free items and the famous t-shirts. If you want a little more go out of the hotel gate turn left and straight over the roundabout an dther is a Super J supermarket. Sells most items
Finally the best till last the helicopter tour of the island is the best thing ever. Book with them dircet when you arrive and great vlaue at $175 each. the views are amazig and you get the commentary too. Book with them direct not in the UK as its very expensive otherwise
Im happy to advise anyone else thinking of this resort with what else ther is to do or how much things cost
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on two miles of powdery sand, surrounded by acres of exotic tropical gardens, it’s easy to why Rendezvous has been called “the romantic holiday.” It’s hard to imagine a more alluring corner of the world for two people to escape to. A world away from the everyday, it’s a uniquely intimate island retreat. From the long stretches of deserted beach to the lazy-river pool that winds its way through quiet nooks and secret hideaways, every aspect of this all-inclusive luxury resort has been created to give couples the space and time they need to be alone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Rendezvous Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Hotel Castries
- Rendezvous Hotel St Lucia
- Rendevous St Lucia
- Rendezvous Resort St. Lucia/Castries