We have just returned from Rendezvous St. Lucia having spent a week on honeymoon there. We stayed in a beachfront suite on the 3rd floor and it was fantastic - spacious, bright, private and kept well clean. We were actually upgraded from a beachfront room, upgrades seem to be common here! From the moment we checked in the staff were attentive, very courteous and sympathetic to our needs, and we really appreciated the welcome drink after our transfer from the airport - we chose to go on the bus and it took around 1.5 hours (although slightly quicker on the way back at the end of the break). Many reviewers have already commented on the transfer - I felt it was long but not too bad - I sat in the back where the bus was most bumpy and didn't feel sick or too hot.
The location is also lovely - a nice clean beach which is well serviced by the staff and nice to see the locals wandering by and going about their business, we felt that although the beach is not exclusive to the hotel it is still nice and quiet. There was a good selection of loungers and chairs available at both beach and pool as we were there off season we never had a problem getting our favourite spots! I honestly did not notice the graveyard nearby and the felt that the noise from the nearby airport was not intrusive - only a few flights a day and none early morning or late at night.
The pool facilities are also very good - we preferred the pool in the water garden as it was quieter and a little bit warmer! But the seaside pool and swim up bar is also very nice. And the lazy river is also lovely! I booked myself a facial at the spa and it was very well done.
We felt that the level of entertainment on offer was just right - during the day we took an archery lesson, got involved in some of the wide selection of watersports available and learned some mixology which was fun. The evening entertainment is quite low key - no loud music and late night parties, but I think thats in keeping with the mood of the hotel. We enjoyed the champagne happy hour in the champagne bar, the beach bbq evening and the caribbean evening.
The food was always delicious and there was a big selection on offer. The main restaurant is buffet style for breakfast, lunch and dinner and there is also the option to book in to the more exclusive Trysting Place - which is also excellent. We also opted to go for the Private Dining on our last night - and we had our table set up for us by the beach. This was by far the best food of the holiday.
We were obviously visiting during the rainy season and the room was well equipped with a large umbrella and there are plenty of board games and books available at the hotel library to keep you busy if it gets too wet! It rained a little every morning before clearing up beautifully in the afternoons. We only had one day of heavy rain but the temperature stays nice and warm so it didn't bother us too much - if you don't want rain don't visit the caribbean over the summer!
There are a wide range of excursions available but we didn't choose to go on any as we enjoyed the resort so much! We did take a walk into nearby Castries for the market on Saturday mornings - it was a pleasant trip and as Castries is quite small you can take in all the sights in a morning and be back at the resort for lunch!
Overall, we had a fantastic time here and couldn't recommend it enough - the people, facilities, food and entertainment impressed us both and we couldn't have asked for a better honeymoon. We'd like to say a huge thank you to all at Rendezvous for making the start to our married life excellent! Special mention to Michael at reception, Frances and Marcia at the restaurant and Neema and Deano from the entertainment staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on two miles of powdery sand, surrounded by acres of exotic tropical gardens, it’s easy to why Rendezvous has been called “the romantic holiday.” It’s hard to imagine a more alluring corner of the world for two people to escape to. A world away from the everyday, it’s a uniquely intimate island retreat. From the long stretches of deserted beach to the lazy-river pool that winds its way through quiet nooks and secret hideaways, every aspect of this all-inclusive luxury resort has been created to give couples the space and time they need to be alone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Rendezvous Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Hotel Castries
- Rendezvous Hotel St Lucia
- Rendevous St Lucia
- Rendezvous Resort St. Lucia/Castries