Our expectations of this holiday were huge. It was booked to celebrate 25 years of marriage and to make up for a disastrous honeymoon all that time ago. Plus for various reasons work, family etc we were abolutely exhusted and in need of proper R and R. The rendezvous pretty much delivered in all areas. From the moment we arrived and were greeted with refreshing cocktails and cold towels we new our decision was the right one.
We had booked a luxury seafront suite and it truly was. Complimentary, champagne, flowers and the most enormous bed I have ever seen greeted us, but more importantly it was impeccably clean and welcoming. Nothing was to much trouble.
We dined in both restaurants but to be honest preferred the atmosphere in the main terrace restaurant to that in the supposedly more exclusive Trysting restaurant. In our opinion the food was no better, and the decor seemed to be stuck in the 1980's. However in both restaurants the service was exceptional. Just a note to the gentlemen,its preferred if you wear long trousers in both restaurants in the evening.
For us the real gem of the rendezvous was the beach. The wonderful loungers and the fantastic service from the staff who were just so attentive without being intrusive to our needs was just wonderful. I couldnt praise them or it enough. We truly were able to relax, which was just what we wanted. Yes there are local sellers on the beach but if you say no they will go way, but do make time to talk to Mitchum the Rastafarian. A very interesting and wise man.
We didn't leave the hotel much but did book the whale/dolphin watching trip via the hotel. This also proved to be a good move as our tour rep was rubbish. We also booked a local taxi to take us to Castries where we visited the market, cathedral and generally got a taste of the town. A word of warning here, dont make the mistake we did and stray away from the centre which you can very quickly do. Although you will see the real city as we have subsequently been told it is not very safe for tourists and we were certainly getting looks that made my husband in particular feel uncomfortable.
To sum it up this was booked as the holiday of a lifetime. Trouble is we now want another one, so I guess the saving has to start right away. We will return not only to the stunning sland that is St Lucia but also to the Rendezvous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on two miles of powdery sand, surrounded by acres of exotic tropical gardens, it’s easy to why Rendezvous has been called “the romantic holiday.” It’s hard to imagine a more alluring corner of the world for two people to escape to. A world away from the everyday, it’s a uniquely intimate island retreat. From the long stretches of deserted beach to the lazy-river pool that winds its way through quiet nooks and secret hideaways, every aspect of this all-inclusive luxury resort has been created to give couples the space and time they need to be alone. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Hotel Castries
- Rendezvous Hotel St Lucia
- Rendevous St Lucia
- Rendezvous Resort St. Lucia/Castries