Just came back from a week at Rendezvous and having read other reviews i thought i'd share our experience at this little Caribbean treasure.
First thing to note about Rendezvous is that if you want to go to a 5 star hotel that has all the latest mod-cons then Rendezvous is not for you. The beauty of the hotel is that everything is very Caribbean and very much designed for couples in each and every part.
The resort is perfectly designed for couples with plenty of well designed areas which means you have always have space away from everyone else. The pool next to the spa and the lazy river were particularly good for this. With regards to the beach, unfortunately it wasn't crystal clear waters (although this could have been to the time of year) but the water was still lovely and great to swim in. The resort also provides you with beach flags to signal to staff when you want another drink. Another highlight of Rendezvous is the water sport facilities they offer, we enjoyed water-skiing, tubing and kayaking all included. You could have also gone sailing, diving and fishing if you wanted to.
We stayed in the Verandah Suite and this was well worth the optional upgrade. The room had Caribbean charm throughout and the fact it didn't have a TV was ideal for just spending time together. In terms of amenities, the room had everything we needed and was to a high level of cleanliness.
There are two restaurants, one on the main terrace (which is the buffet style restaurant) and the separate 'Trysting' restaurant which is a-la-carte. The food in both restaurants were really good with the buffet style restaurant serving good variety across breakfast, lunch and dinner and to our delight no chips being offered during any course throughout the 7 days we stayed there! The setting of the main terrace restaurant was amazing looking over the beach but the a-la-carte restaurant is in desperate need of updating as it feels like you could be eating in a hotel conference room anywhere in the UK. The menu for the a-la-carte restaurant doesn't rotate daily so if you go more than once be prepared for the same options to be available.
On the whole the staff were really nice, exceeding expectation whenever the opportunity arose. Each one made an effort to learn our name and build a rapport with us during our stay.
Planes & Noise:
We noticed that other reviewers had commented on this so though we'd share our experience. The wildlife are wildlife and the hotel can do nothing about that. The noise of the cricket and frogs were quite complimentary to the setting but if you are a light sleeper take ear plugs. The airport is quite close to the resort but it's important to add its not St Lucia's main airport and hence only a small handful of flights fly over each day. We quite enjoyed a bit of plane spotting!
Overall a really enjoyable week and resort. We'd highly recommend Rendezvous to other couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on two miles of powdery sand, surrounded by acres of exotic tropical gardens, it’s easy to why Rendezvous has been called “the romantic holiday.” It’s hard to imagine a more alluring corner of the world for two people to escape to. A world away from the everyday, it’s a uniquely intimate island retreat. From the long stretches of deserted beach to the lazy-river pool that winds its way through quiet nooks and secret hideaways, every aspect of this all-inclusive luxury resort has been created to give couples the space and time they need to be alone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your Rendezvous Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Hotel Castries
- Rendezvous Hotel St Lucia
- Rendevous St Lucia
- Rendezvous Resort St. Lucia/Castries