“Perfect couples resort”
Review of Rendezvous Resort

Rendezvous Resort
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Castries
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Rendezvous is perfect boutique hotel for couples. One the best service we've ever experienced. My husband and I decide to surprise our friends and organize a wedding vow renewal ceremony for them. Hotel stuff were extremely helpful and everything was prepared within 24 hours. Beautifully decorated gazebo, champagne and flowers. They even manage to arrange a local priest. After the ceremony a table setting for candlelight dinner was waiting for all the guests.
Food was fantastic! Great wines selection!
I would like to thank all the stuff of Rendezvous Resort for an amazing week!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AlevtinaD

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Stayed 4 - 18 Dec. which included my 60th birthday celebrations.
Won't write my usual comprehensive review because previous writers have accurately described the excellent rooms,facilities and activisites in great detail. Suffice to sat the all inc. package was the best of the many we have experienced. Food was exceelent throughout but I would particulalrly mention th Trysting place where both quality and service were excellent. Drinks were brilliant including many premium brands - the Champagne bar is a really great venue for early and late evening drinks.

The entertainment was good and we would recommend that you give all the activities a try - archery was a new skill for us, guided walks and cycles were informative. Sports were all good and pI must make particular mention of all the staff and guests who made the daily volleyball matches that coninued in to the darkness great fun - you know who you are - Brits, Irish, Canadians, Germans and St. Lucians - cheers!

Three grops of people really made this a holiday to remember for us:
- the people of St. Lucia who are so friendly and with whom we felt so safe while out and about (not like other Caribbean islands)
- our fellow guests with whom playing dinking and chatting was most enjoyable
- and MOST OF ALL the staff who were fantastic ihn all departments. I won't try and name them because I would not want to leave anyone out - thank you all for a great time.

Hope to be back one day.
Nick & Sue

Room Tip: Having stayed one night in a verandah room and then been moved to our upgraded seafront suite I woul...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nick-Wokingham
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Situated on the white sands of Malabar Beach, Rendezvous All Inclusive is surrounded by tropical gardens and caters to adult couples. Castries, St. Lucia’s capital, is within 3 km (2 mi).
Next to a small airport, which is NO TROUBLE AT ALL, no noise what so ever.

This hotel is fantastic, breakfasts, lunches, snack at 5pm and dinners, everything was very good.
Drinks, the whole day, from cocktails to champagne, you had 3 bars, the poole bar, the terrace bar and the champagne bar. There was some champagne tasting between 7 and 8pm.

The rooms and bathrooms were very clean, every day, clean towels even if you didn't need them. We had a Verandah suite on the ground floor, and I think we would have preferred a room on the first floor, maybe next time we just will ask for it.
I had asked (before we arrived by e-mail) to have a mosquito net, and when we arrived, a mosquito net was over the bed. They are so helpful, which is really nice, it gives you the feeling of being with a big family.
The only thing I would change in the room would be, that you could switch off the air- conditioning during the night, and just open a window. The air conditioning is making some noise, and I prefer to hear the noise of frogs, birds, and the wind in the trees, instead of air-conditioning.

I agree with the recent reviews of this hotel, and won't repeat what people said, but I can highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: You won't see a lot of the tropical gardens in the ground floor rooms, therefor a first floor wo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Belgy11
Reviewed 24 December 2013

This has been our visit to the Caribbean and first experience. of "all inclusive". It has proved difficult to find fault with this resort to the degree that were we to visit St Lucia again we would almost certainly choose Rendezvous to avoid disappointment.
We had a beachside room which was well equipped to include a smart coffee machine.
The resort offers a wide range of activities several od which we sampled for the first time.
Food excellent with a tremendous choice.
A lasting memory will be the superb standard of service from all areas of the operation.

2  Thank Howard G
Reviewed 23 December 2013

A mark of a good holiday is the desire to return and although I am not of the same opinion as my husband I'd return in an instant. This is certainly not the cheapest resort in the Caribbean but is really good value for money compared with other similar style resorts.
We flew premium economy on Virgin and exited the airport after a wait that compared with a bad day at Gatwick (be prepared!). Thankfully we'd arranged a helicopter transfer (amazing views if not slightly scary!) which whisked us door to door, and in less that 30 minutes we had a glass and cool towel in hand.

We stayed in a 2nd floor beach front room, a must in our view which was a great size, had a most comfortable bed and fantastic bathroom with all the towels and toiletries that we could ask for.
My only gripe about the room was the door was not very well soundproofed and let in a considerable amount of night time noise (not just the frogs but the air conditioning plant on what I guess was the kitchen roof), I resorted to ear plugs so if you are a light sleeper I'd recommend you take them too. The balcony was a bit of a waste of time. Not only is it small but there is no privacy with next door, A modesty screen would be helpful.

The hotel was full when we were there so it was a bit of a bun fight for sun beds exactly where we wanted them (we like the beach to get the breeze and one of the solid shades). A couple of the sun beds have slight damage and the management should organise the repair of the missing slats. It's that sort of thing that lets them down.

Another issue we had was the poorly maintained equipment in the gym. We started using it early morning but 1 treadmill was out of order for a week, 1 step machine had a sensor missing making it incessantly bleep at you the whole 2 weeks we were there and the cross trainer was faulty all the time too. Bearing in mind there was only 7 cardio machines it was very inconvenient for the many guests trying to keep fit. I don't understand why they were not fixed.
We got round it by working out slightly later when the early birds had finished.

Other activity for us - we played tennis once (perfectly acceptable courts and kit) and I had 4 inclusive dives and 1 paid dive trip to the Pitons national park. Compared with Stoney Cove the inclusive dives were good however in comparison with other areas of the Caribbean, the coral is awful and the life limited. OK to log some bubble time. The Pitons, whilst not being spectacular was worth the extra cost.

Now the food. I am not a lover of dinner buffets. I like to be served a meal that has only just been cooked for me and looks pretty on the plate, that said, the buffet was very acceptable (I agree with some reviewers that the meat was not brilliant at times). The BBQ's were good though and whatever my opinion I did not go hungry, there was always something to suit my taste (I am not fussy but I am a decent cook and quite critical). My husband did however really enjoy the food and that was one of the reasons for his feedback.
I would have been happier in Trystings all fortnight and I am glad we ate there 6 times. Other than one night the service was fine and we built a rapport with the staff in there.

The website advertises wine by the bottle. For some reason that is not always offered and the wine waiters in the Terrace are not brilliant at keeping an eye on your glass. Our recommendation is don't be shy, just ask them to leave a bottle and they will.

The staff are generally lovely, not 100% (some of the Terrace Bar staff appeared more to perform a function) but we have to point out Candice whose customer service was of the highest quality.

If I was to change anything else I'd simply ask for some soft drinks in the room (or some cordial). The jug of water in the room and bucket of ice is a great idea but 'dull'!

Ignore any comment about the grave yard. It's much better than another resort. The plane noise? We were never woken by them, the light woke us up before and it was too nice to contemplate sleeping in (what are sunbeds for!),

Other than my diving tour, the only other time we ventured out of the complex was on the Virgins Ahoy catamaran trip. We don't usually go on organised trips but it was very good value and we had a ball (aided by copious amounts of rum punch).

Hopefully, we'll be back there again as we are sure we have found our 'La Source' substitute.

Thank you Rendezvous for a cracking 2 weeks x

4  Thank GrettonDiver
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I am trying to describe the facts.

We stayed in a verandah suite, no. 219, on the 1st/top floor. The room itself is approx. 35 sq m with a balcony (verandah) of approx. 20 sq m, overlooking the gardens and a little sea view. The room is clean, comfortable although a little outdated but we didn't mind. The bathroom has a big "multispray" shower and everything was working fine. The wardrobe has 2 sliding doors one of which is difficult to move (as often is the case with sliding doors). Furniture on the balcony consists of a table, 2 chairs and 2 loungers, all have cushions. The room was made-up by lunchtime, exact time unknown as we were hardly there in the morning.

Food: Breakfast was taken in the "Terrace" restaurant. An excellent choice of various breads, toast, buns, smoked ham, cheeses, muesli, cornflakes, various types of milk, already prepared and cooked items like bacon, potatoes etc and a "cooked to order" station, which was superb!

Lunch: Took place in the "Terrace" restaurant and consisted of buffet food, a variety of hot dishes and various salads with different dressings to choose from. There was a daily "soup of the day" as well as rolls and baguettes.

Dinner: You had a choice to have your meal buffet style in the "Terrace" restaurant, or in the air conditioned "Trysting" restaurant. The theme of the buffet style food changed daily i.e. you had Caribbean style dishes, International, Asian etc. The Trysting restaurant is a French style fine dining experience, furnished in a "French Style" with cushioned chairs, thick carpet. The menu changes twice per week.
The food in both restaurants is very good! The house wines served in both restaurants are very drinkable!

Staff: we experienced helpful and friendly people, nothing was too much trouble! The whole service was reasonably efficient too.

Swimming pools: there are 2 different main pools. One adjacent to the spa and another one facing the beach with a pool-bar. The pools are kept very clean, the beach is swept daily. They also have the "lazy river", a combination/interlink of several plunge pools hidden away by greenery.

Loungers:There are plenty of loungers in the 2 main pool areas and also on the beach. The loungers have thick covers and are very comfortable.

Parasols/Sunshades: There are quite a number but, as we have experienced everywhere we have been so far, there are not quite enough because the majority of guests would like to be in the shade some of the time. Therefore it is a question of getting up early and "reserving"....

Location/Beach/Sea: The Rendezvous is in large grounds surrounded by tropical gardens and fronted by a long, light-brown coloured sandy beach. There are no hotels either side of the Rendezvous or along the beach, so it feels very secluded despite being not far from Castries.
The walk into Castries takes 25 - 30 minutes (up to the market), along a busy main road where you walk on a raised narrow pavement close to all the traffic.

Sea: warm but the water was not clear but sandy. It did not bother us, we still enjoyed it every day and did not encounter any "nasties". Apparently, this is due to a couple of rivers nearby which carry the sand into the sea, especially during rain (it rained a lot when we were there). I am unable to comment what it is like the rest of the year.

Gardens: beautiful and kept in an immaculate condition.

There is a small airport airport next to the hotel (before you enter into its grounds on the left). Liat, the local caribbean airline, has approx. 5-6 flights per day serving other islands with propeller planes. IT IS NOT A PROBLEM !!!! NO NIGHT FLIGHTS!!!! The aircraft noise is gone after 30 seconds.

Would we return? Definitely! The Rendezvous offers a totally relaxing holiday (or plenty of activities, sports, gym, yoga, pilates, massages etc if you want to), due to its peaceful location, very friendly and accommodating staff and good food.

9  Thank Heidi V
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We stayed 11-26 November 2013 and had a thoroughly enjoyable stay.

Rendezvous provides the right balance of good service while still being a restful and relaxing place to be.

If you choose to sunbathe by the Lazy River you will be very well looked after by a lovely happy chap called Trevor.

3  Thank Janet L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
Jade Mountain Resort
Jade Mountain Resort
#1 of 11 in Soufriere
Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
St. James's Club Morgan Bay
Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort
Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort

Been to Rendezvous Resort? Share your experiences!