This is our third visit to Rendezvous and once again we were not disappointed with our choice. We suppose it is a bit like your favourite arm chair, warm, welcoming, and you know you want to spend time there.
Rendezvous does most things well or perhaps to be fair very well. On our two return visits two years apart it was good to see they had not rested on their laurels but had tweaked and refined certain areas. Our garden room had been substantially upgraded and improved and whilst not the most expensive room in the resort was thoroughly acceptable.
On previous occasions we had not really made use of the champagne bar. On this holiday we used it pre-dinner on most nights. The company, ambience and pianist made this most enjoyable. Just to dispel a myth, you will not be provided with the finest champagnes all night long as clearly the occasional guest had expected but neither do we remember being served Beluga Caviar either, doh!
The Trysting maintained its high standards with a slightly more personal and refined touch. It may not be to eveyone's taste but those who do decide to dine there invariably gave it a resounding thumbs up. The service, host and classical guitarists were charming. We did also thoroughly enjoyed our meals on the Terrace and in particular their a la carte evenings; something new from our previous visits. The terrace restaurant is open air, the clue is in the name. Surely this is one of the attractions of being in the Carribean, the ability to dine outside and not in a protective bubble which could be anywhere in the world.
The terrace bar as on previous visits provide a lively, fun and vibrant atmosphere to socialize, meet fellow guests, enjoy the entertainment etc. It never became rowdy or suffer from boorish behaviour as can be the blight of many an all inclusive resort.
We cannot help but reflect that the rendezvous continue to offer reasonable value for money. It is not the cheapest but on each occasion we have never left the resort feeling short changed. Perhaps this is one of the reasons why many guests return again and again.
Last and by no means least and perhaps the cornerstone to the Rendezvous's continued success are the staff. They never ceased to impress with their warmth, sense of fun and overall good service. In our travels we have seen high levels of service before but on too many occasions it had been robotic and devoid of any personal warmth. This is where we believe the Rendezvous steals a lead. You are made to feel special and the interaction between guests and staff give the holiday real character.
Our sincerest thanks to all concerned for another very enjoyable stress free holiday to remember. Familiarity to this 'favourite arm chair' remains has not diminished the appeal. It has only been enhanced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on two miles of powdery sand, surrounded by acres of exotic tropical gardens, it’s easy to why Rendezvous has been called “the romantic holiday.” It’s hard to imagine a more alluring corner of the world for two people to escape to. A world away from the everyday, it’s a uniquely intimate island retreat. From the long stretches of deserted beach to the lazy-river pool that winds its way through quiet nooks and secret hideaways, every aspect of this all-inclusive luxury resort has been created to give couples the space and time they need to be alone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Rendezvous Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Hotel Castries
- Rendezvous Hotel St Lucia
- Rendevous St Lucia
- Rendezvous Resort St. Lucia/Castries