Have been to most Caribbean islands now and left the best till last!
I knew this was a little more upmarket than the usual holidays and paid a little more than usual, but boy was it worth it !!!
For a month or two before booking, I read reviews on this resort and could never find anything negative. Ratings were always good, in fact too good to believe, yet this place deserves all the praise it gets in most reviews.
Spent two weeks in May at the Rendezvous and was amazed. The food, rooms, service, cleanliness, and staff never ceased to please.
Beach always clean and serviced as were the lounge suites. Towels available on beach any time of day, very unusual!
The gardeners need a pat on the back too, lovely well kept gardens, beautiful!
We went on a Virgin Ahoy catamaran trip which was great and so much fun. The crew were so friendly and really happy. The waterfall they took us to was not worth getting off the cat for, but it was only an hour of our time on shore so no big deal, at least we had a look around.
The staff at the hotel were so attentive, not just because it was their job, but they were really
happy to make us happy. Some lovely characters around like the cook at the breakfast station who gave us a greeting every morning , dear Veronica. The two bar staff, Giovanna and Jackie were so attentive and gave a brilliant drinks service on the beach and at night in the lounge. Last but not least, Francis, the restaurant hostess who was always smiling and very attentive. These were just a few that went the extra mile, but all the staff were great.
Dawn, the hotel manager was very helpful and attentive too, nothing was too much trouble and she was always there to help with anything.
All rooms, anywhere on site would have been good, and found that even the cheaper garden view rooms were lovely which is what we had.
So folks, all the good reviews you read about Rendezvous are true, a lovely place to return to and I hope we can.
When it came to completing a form given to us asking "what could we do to improve" I was just lost for words and it was left blank!
The only thing I was disappointed in was the fact that there was no "check in chill out" which was advertised when I booked. This of course, is nothing to do with this resort, this is Virgin cutting down on the little luxuries we have been so used to. Because of this I was dreading the trek to the airport with cases to queue with, but the hotel checked us in on line, gave us our boarding passes and when we got to the airport we just took cases to a "drop off" counter, no queuing, no problem.
All in all, brilliant time had by all and a great thankyou to all the staff at the Rendezvous.
We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on two miles of powdery sand, surrounded by acres of exotic tropical gardens, it’s easy to why Rendezvous has been called “the romantic holiday.” It’s hard to imagine a more alluring corner of the world for two people to escape to. A world away from the everyday, it’s a uniquely intimate island retreat. From the long stretches of deserted beach to the lazy-river pool that winds its way through quiet nooks and secret hideaways, every aspect of this all-inclusive luxury resort has been created to give couples the space and time they need to be alone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Rendezvous Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rendezvous Hotel Castries
- Rendezvous Hotel St Lucia
- Rendevous St Lucia
- Rendezvous Resort St. Lucia/Castries