Rendezvous Resort
Casa del Vega
#8 of 11 hotels in Castries
0.9 mi
2,670 results
All reviewslazy rivertrysting placechampagne barterrace restaurantverandah suitespa poolmalabar beachseaside suitele sportmalabar restaurantbody holidayst luciamain terraceour honeymoonlocal airportmarine parkluxury beachfront
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

We went to this resort for our honeymoon & loved it. We loved the staff, food, beach, pools (especially lazy river), the spa & just everything!

I looked forward to every meal even if I wasn't hungry & we was made to feel like we was so special.

We did the carnival boat trip & loved it, I loved the party atmosphere as the only thing I missed was dancing & partying as even though the hotel has entertainment at night it's only for a few hours & no one really participated.

That was the only fault so instead we did what Rendezvous is made for, so much relaxing!

I want to go back but it's unlikely to happen again, a once in a life time amazing experience!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Leanne D
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We are in our early 50's and this was our 28th all-inclusive holiday.
Sixteen years ago stayed at Rendezvous. It was our very first holiday & we were hooked!
We decided to return and see if it was as good as we remembered. Yes it was!
The resort has been updated quite a bit but it still feels like a small cosy resort, no need for the
dreaded shuttles here.
The best part of Rendezvous is the staff. Everyone was genuinely friendly & helpful.
The Bartenders were wonderful. Cookie, Trevor, Bini, Poppy and so many others whose names we have forgotten. We were slightly over refreshed at times.
Even the gardeners broke out into song for no apparent reason from time to time.
The buffet seemed a little underwhelming but it is a much smaller resort than we are used to. We had plenty of good food to choose from.
Yammy(?) the activity lady was delightful.
I had an age-defying facial that was excellent. Melinda has magic hands!
My Husband wishes to mention that Lincoln at the dive shop is very friendly & capable.
A few things to keep in mind...
Take lots of bug spray, the mosquitoes are ferocious.
Take running shoes. There are a couple of excursions that require runners.
Veronica the egg lady is not to messed with. Ever.
If you are so inclined, take some kitty kibble. The resident cats look awfully malnourished.
A word to the princesses (male or female) who were offended by the cemetery close by...
did you expect someone to move the graves prior to your arrival?
If you are looking for a corporate cookie-cutter mega resort this is probably not the right resort for you. However if you're looking for an intimate, friendly, slightly quirky property I think you will enjoy Rendezvous.

Room Tip: We stayed in the pool-view room. It was quite comfortable. The bathroom was getting a little shabby but we did have lots of hot water.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank hkfromerin
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I have just returned after spending the last two weeks of July in the Rendezvous Resort and I can honestly say it is really a couple’s paradise. We chose the Rendezvous because we wanted something special as we had just celebrated our wedding anniversary before we went and my husband would celebrate his birthday on the 27th. Upon arrival we were greeted by Tony and some of the concierge staff and taken into the main hotel building where we were given cold towels and a welcome drink as described in other reviews before being brought to our room.

We stayed in a Premium Garden View room (312) on the third floor and had a magnificent view of both the garden and Caribbean Sea. We had asked for the third floor based on other reviews. We considered it a spacious room with a wonderful 4 poster bed, bathroom, complete with air conditioning. Our balcony had a table and chairs where we could watch the sunset. Your jug of water is replenished every day as well as your tea/coffee making facilities. Personally I liked the idea of the rooms based in different buildings around the gardens and not like most hotels in European countries.

To be honest, it’s a dream. Of course there are the mosquitoes, but this is the Caribbean. Yes, there are birds too but where there are trees and spacious gardens (beautifully manicured) what can you expect. The Secret Garden River is fantastic as well as the Samaan Tree which is huge and is lit up at night by chandeliers. A picture you must have.

The Spa
The Spa in the water garden is just heaven. The choice of treatments available is pretty extensive and personally I did not consider them expensive. So I had a Luxury Pedicure one week and an Aromatherapy Massage the day before we left. They certainly have something for everyone.

Champagne Bar
The bar tender the first week was great as he would greet you at the door with a glass of bubbly and tell you what he was serving that night with a full explanation. Not every night was actual Champagne (sometimes Prosecco or Cava) but he always told you. Unfortunately the second week he was replaced by someone else who gave the impression he could not care less. No greeting just gave you a glass (rather small amount) when you sat down and had not got a clue what it was when you asked. Overall there was no shortage of drinks whether it is alcoholic or non-alcoholic. Both of us had the most delightful non-alcoholic cocktails during the day which I certainly miss since I came home.

Terrace Restaurant
How anybody could say that they were unable to find anything to eat is simply beyond me. There is more than enough choice for you to have a 4 course breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as the morning tea/coffee with hot and cold bites and the afternoon tea/coffee with hot and cold bites. As with most Buffets I think some people’s eyes are bigger than their stomachs and as a result I am sure there is an enormous amount of wastage. Coming from Belgium we are very aware of being heavily penalised for wastage (be it food, water, electricity) so we preferred to take what we would normally eat at home and if you want more, it’s just as easy to go for a second helping.
See separate review for Trysting Place and photos of food for both restaurants.

I have left this part of my review till last as I feel it is the most important. Both my husband and I would say that almost all the staff (about 99%) were excellent and went out of their way to make our stay a memorable one. Nothing was a problem and everywhere you went you got a smiling face and hello. That is the reason they have returning guests. Both of us would like to say a big “thank you” to Candice and Carmen who after one day remembered that my husband had a shell fish allergy and I was lactose intolerant. Even the birthday cake for my husband was “lactose free” so I could eat it as well. When it comes to dietary needs top marks go to Head Chef Juma for his ingenious and delightful menus. See Trysting Place review. However the only problem we encountered was on the second day when we wanted to book the Trysting Place for dinner every evening it was open. The woman in reception told us point blank that the Monday was “out of the question” as it was fully booked. We found this hard to understand as the previous two evenings many tables were empty. Furthermore, we understood the hotel was less than half full. Even though we explained we preferred to have dinner there every evening she was adamant in her refusal. On the Tuesday evening however, the Maître D (Harry) told us there would have been no problem in having a table. Lucky for Rendezvous she is the exception to the rule. This does not take away our deep appreciation of the staff that made our stay memorable.

To conclude I have no hesitation in recommending Rendezvous to couples looking to escape the daily stress in order to enjoy each other’s company in a Caribbean paradise.

Room Tip: Premium Garden Room on the third floor gives you both a view of the garden and the sea.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Doyle-Schepens
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I don't normally write reviews but feel I have to after my fiancé and I had the most amazing holiday at this gorgeous hotel.
Firstly I have to disagree with Bostuckian from Ohio on the point that there wasn't enough to do.
We have never had such an active holiday, ever! Normally I'm ready to go home after 10 days wherever we go but we didn't want to leave and could've easily stayed another week.
We played tennis, beach volley ball and table tennis every day. Had a sailing lesson, went out on the inflatable rings, aqua aerobics, Archery, sunset boat cruise (on which my boyfriend proposed!) the activities were endless so how people are bored I don't know. The board in reception was packed full of things to do every day and we didn't have time to do everything we wanted to do.

I found all the staff friendly and warm and very happy! One lady sang her heart out every night in the Terrace restaurant!
The food was fabulous and The BBQ lunch was fantastic, it made a nice change.
The wine was also really good(red) We preferred dining outside on the Terrace as it's such a beautiful place and didn't find it too hot. The food in the Trysting restaurant was superb and yes they weren't massive portions but definitely not too small.
The cocktails were fantastic and the champagne bar very nice! They bring sandwiches out again at 11pm so we took those to the champagne bar and sat in there until the early hours most evenings with the other couples we met.
My boyfriend and I watch lots of TV at home so we thought we would miss having a TV. That wasn't the case. We took wireless speakers with us so we had our music in our room.
There is a cd/radio in the bedroom which they put on for you every night. They do this when they do the turn down service along with lighting the candies, which was a lovely touch.
Fabulous REN products in the bathroom were great. The only thing I would say is the hairdryers in the rooms are not good if you've got long thick hair! I dried mine in the gym as the hair dryer in there is much better. The bed was super comfortable and we tried all the pillows on the pillow menu :-)
I would recommend the PT session.. I had Pauline who was brutal but great!
Wifi isn't great but I didn't miss not having wifi on holiday. The only time we did was when we wanted to let our friends and family at home know about our engagement.
We were also lucky enough to stay at the Sugar Beach for a night. We had a luxury detached bungalow with our own butler and Infinity pool as we went there for a wedding. I was worried it would outshine the Rendevouz, however this was not the case! As gorgeous as the Sugar Beach is we loved our hotel and looked forward to returning after the wedding.
I would go back to this hotel in a heartbeat it was our favourite holiday in the 6 years we have been together.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd level then you can see the sea without the extra price! We had room 103 and had a lovely view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Dandan32
Reviewed 5 August 2014

A disappointingly poor experience had at the Rendezvous this June due to renovation works being carried out on the decking areas that we were unaware of, despite booking only a few weeks before. We complained pretty much all week about the appalling noise of angle grinders and saws, etc which ruined our enjoyment of the Caribbean beach, which was mainly what we came to St Lucia for. Sadly, no action was ever taken due to the staff's inability to understand the problem and deal effectively with our concerns and requests for the noise to stop. It was not until the last day that one of the many managers agreed to refund us for 3 nights for the 'inconvenience'. We wanted a full refund but would have compromised at 5 nights but apparently the area manager was not available to authorise such a request and upon our return home and checking our credit card statement, even the 3 nights was not fully refunded as promised.

I know this problem was only a concern during our particular stay and these works will now (hopefully) have been completed and no longer an issue so the beach should be a more tranquil and pleasant place to be. However, the staff's total lack of understanding and inability to manage the situation was frustrating and stressful and totally wiped out any of the good effects of being on holiday so a total waste of time and money for us.

The location of the hotel is by no means peaceful in any event - it is positioned between the dual carriageway to Castries and a local airstrip where aircraft are taking off night and day. The bay on which the hotel is located is very nice and calm with soft white sand but note it is not private so at the weekends the locals all seem to descend and are having fun in the sea which is quite noisy. There is also a car park next to the hotel where locals congregate at night (at the weekends) and play music loudly from their cars.

The food at the hotel was average - all edible in the main but largely unseasoned so not very flavoursome. A little more inspiration on the Caribbean night would have been welcomed too - where was the jerk chicken?? The evening entertainment was lacking too - the in-house dancers seemed less than enthused to be at the hotel, and the staff dressing up in satin tops and wildly jumping around to a poor soundtrack is not entertaining by any stretch!

On the plus side, our room was nice (poolside bungalow) if not a little tired and dated - chipped bath, noisy air conditioning, broken basin plug - nothing we couldn't live with although the wooden/tin roof was very noisy if there was a shower of rain. The spa pool was lovely and quiet with very comfortable poolside loungers and the small pool 'river' affords some lovely private pockets for camping out in the day which is a great idea. The spa itself was good too - we had a couple of treatments and they were very nice.

It would also be nice to see the hotel sort out its policy on local cats. It was a shame to see the cats who hung out at the hotel being fed by the guests (me included) not taken care of properly - if the hotel could jump on board with the local animal welfare associations and get the cats neutered, set up a couple of feeding stations even, maybe have some proper food available to buy so that the guests could feed the cats proper food instead of handing them curried chicken and processed ham, it would make for a nicer place for animals and guests alike.

In summary, there are better hotels offering better service and value for money on the island. Don't be sucked in by the good reviews on this site from honeymooners wearing rose tinted specs!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Itchybeard
General-Managers1, General Manager at Rendezvous Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review.

The resort boardwalk needed to undergo maintenance as there was concern regarding the safety of guests. Work was scheduled around meal times to ensure guest comfort during the dining experience. We do apologize about the disturbance.

Rendezvous is located near the small regional airport which receives about 6 flights a day. These are all run by small propeller planes and in general guests aren't disturbed by them.

I am happy you enjoyed your room. We have a very regular routine maintenance program in place throughout the resort rooms and feedback is generally very positive. We are sorry we didn't identify the issues raised prior to your arrival but we have since taken care of them.

On the matter of cats, we are working with the local animal society to ensure the safety of these animals. Normally, we have 2 or 3 cats on resort but it is not desirable to have any more than that number. Feeding stations would just bring more to the resorts. However, we are happy to confirm that all but one of the cats have been taken in by the above mentioned society and we are confident they are in good hands.

Thank you again for your feedback. We take guest comments very seriously in order to constantly improve our offerings. We do hope that you will return sometime in the near future, and that we’ll be able to exceed your expectations.

Warm regards,