“A Home Away from Home!”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Castries
Roseau, Dominica
“A Home Away from Home!”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Villa Beach Cottages, A Home Away from Home, whether you are on a business trip or vacation. I first stayed at Villa Beach in May 2013, as my sister and her husband had booked there for their trip to St. Lucia for the Jaxx Festival. I was going on a business trip and thought it would be good to stay at the same hotel with them, that way, they could babysit my three year old son, while I was at my meeting! I had little hope of really finding a vacancy as it was so close to the Festival, so I sent an email, and the prompt, professional email I received,prompted a phone call and there began my relationship with Villa Beach. Neva was exceptional and we had a wonderful stay.

The villas are spacious, have every modern amenity and clean. I loved it. Two months later, on another business trip, I booked Villa Beach and Neva organised the baby sitter and the car rental for me. Everything worked out beautifully!

In September 2013, when I was again scheduled for another business trip, close to my birthday, and I convinced my sisters to take a break so we could have a sisters' vacation, Villa Beach was the first choice. They organised the car rental and everything was perfectly set up. There are two pools and my Little Nathan had fun in them both! We had our massages out in the gazebo! Relaxing! On my birthday, they organsied for us to visit their other property, "La Dauphine Estate" at Soufriere and on our return, there was a birthday cake awaiting me! A complete surprise and a happy one.

At Villa Beach, they try to meet your every need. They are personal yet professional, never invading your private space. They are pleasant and happy! They embrace you and serve with such joy and make you feel that you are the most important person. They deliver red carper customer service with ease. This service is seamless from the front desk, to housekeeper, security, grounds, car rental and at the every top. Colin, the General Manager and the grandson of the original owners, is never too busy to come to meet every new family member (guest) at least once during your stay. The folks at Villa Beach, I consider family! The only thing needed to complete Villa Beach is a good restaurant for days you don't feel like cooking or going out. However good restaurants are not far away.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Comfortable cottages nestled steps from the beach. Excellent service. We rolled our eyes at the beginning of Colin's island overview and introduction speech, but by the end were extremely grateful for the tips and recommendations. He made our stay much more enjoyable, and even drove us personally to pick up our rental car. We enjoyed the catered dinner in our room - it arrived promptly as scheduled. We took advantage of their offers to arrange a taxi and driver for our day trip south - so much more comfortable to let someone else drive. In summary it was a very enjoyable stay and quite a good value, greatly enhanced by the service and friendliness of everyone we met.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lmvchi
Burton, Ohio
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We visited the island and this remarkable resort (for the first time) the week of Nov 16-23, 2013.
From the moment we booked the room weeks in advance, to our arrival from the airport, our stay and departure, we were treated wonderfully.

The accommodations (#2 Upper) exceeded our expectations. The suite was large with upscale decor, but the focal point are the double doors that swing wide open to a large porch overlooking the sea. It is a spectacular view. We enjoyed idly gazing at the island of Martinique while we relaxed in the comfortable porch recliners. We couldn't get closer to the beach and water without being on a boat.

Colin (owner) and his friendly professional staff were readily and cheerfully available and arranged our daily adventures on the island leaving us all the enjoyment without the hassles and details. Colin took his valuable time to let us know that he appreciated our business. He provided expert and valuable information about what to do, where to go including maps and quite interesting island and family history. We were able to book and charge many of the recommended island activities to the resort which greatly simplified accounting and, for us, helped eliminate foreign transaction fees.
After learning that Colin also has another resort and Cocoa Plantation in the south of the island (La Dauphine) , we visited there and were treated to wonderful tour of the grounds, resort and plantation. A truly worthwhile and educational visit. The staff was very welcoming, friendly and knowledgeable.

The location of the resort was excellent, allowing us to easily travel to the North Rodney Bay area restaurants as well as South to Castries and activities beyond. The street where the resort is located can become rather busy, however we were never bothered by noise or street activity during our stay. Stores are conveniently nearby and within walking distance although we had a rental jeep and chose to stop on our way to other activities.

The resort compound was always clean and we felt the security of the area was excellent. We always felt safe. There are cottages containing internet enabled computers, a library of books and movie CD’s. A small store for convenient provisions is only steps away for the rooms. The included WiFi reception was excellent in our room and vital way to stay in touch with family in the U.S. via smartphone. There is a large TV housed behind the upper doors of the wardrobe although we never had occasion to watch.
The kitchen had virtually everything needed to prepare snacks, small meals to full blown dinners.
The large and comfortable 4-poster bed, ample dresser, drawer and closet space and the large bathroom with double sinks and spacious walk-in shower all added to the comfort of the suite.

To be sure there are larger, all-inclusive and certainly more expensive resorts on the island and we feel that 'Villa Beach' more than fulfilled our wants and needs of a quality, affordable, safe and genuinely friendly vacation experience. We highly recommend the resort and its people and we look forward to our return.

Room Tip: We loved the views from our Upper Deluxe room
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 20 December 2013

After visiting St Lucia for many years we branched out from our usual accommodations at Ti Kaye for villa beach cottages. The decision to branch out based somewhat on our decision to bring our 24 year old niece with us to the island this year. A creature of habit, I was apprehensive about staying somewhere new and I can now admit that I was pleasantly surprised. It was great to have a full kitchen to make meals and drinks in. Being right on the ocean was great, we had an excellent view that looked like a post card everyday. I had read previous reviews about Claudius the cab driver, and they are all correct. He made our travels around the island safe, fun, and very personalized. The world famous Claudius is an amazing asset to this property. The rest of the staff were excellent as well. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The beach front rooms are excellent. The 2nd back bedrooms can hear some street traffic noise but no...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank camcvey
Augusta, Maine
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We travelled to St. Lucia over American Thanksgiving. Villa Beach cottages was wonderful. I have never stayed so close to the beach and to hear the waves crashing continuously was heaven. The staff were so accommodating and Colin made us feel at home. His advise on where to go on the island was terrific but I think his stories and wisdom were appreciated more. (Especially for my two teenagers). If you have grown children but still want to have a family holiday and have separate rooms/beds/privacy - you have found your place! We had a two bedroom villa. Master suite looks over the ocean and the other room has two beautiful queen beds at the back of the villa with their own bathroom. You can charge your taxi rides to the room (convenient), but cheaper to rent a car for a day or two at the Villa if you plan to go longer distances.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 2thTravel
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We started our week at VBC's sister property, La Dauphine. (see a great review on it too). Colin and his staff took great care of us. We stayed in #2 and I wish I could own this room. 2nd floor, great balcony, immaculately clean, spacious, great kitchen.....

We wanted to be out the water and this is the place. You can't find a place any closer to the water. We left our doors open all night and listened to crashing waves. We walked to the grocery store and ate fresh fish almost every night grilled just below our balcony. It is in a great central location for going down to Castries or up to Rodney Bay and Cap Estate.

Colin was amazing. He insists on sitting down with every guest at least once during the week. He tells you all about this wonderful place of his and this fantastic island. My fiance only had one question, "How can we find fresh coconuts?" We had been looking all the way from the south end for a vendor to buy one and we never found it. (I will say the snake man's stand probably had them but we did not stop. :-) ) Colin picks up the phone and asks someone to get us a coconut. To our amazement, someone went and cut a fresh one on a tree on the estate. This guy knows how to treat guests.

The place is the perfect size and right on the beach. Some people will love to have the huge Sandal's amenities that are right next door, but not us. We wanted beach, waves, pool, grill and some local atmosphere. We were after relaxing vacation not a huge resort filled with activities. I am not knocking that but we got exactly what we wanted, a week in paradise.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roy R
Roslyn, New York
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Went to St. Lucia in December 2013- terrific island -- great people, great food, lots to see and do, a variety of terrific beaches. We don't like large all-inclusive resorts, so we found Villa Beach Cottages through Trip Advisor - outstanding choice. Perfect location. The rooms are directly on the beach, so sitting on the large terrace is a joy. Large clean bedroom with full kitchen, jacuzzi, modern bathroom. Wonderful staff, very welcoming. Very fair price. The bonus is Colin, the manager -- on your 1st day there, he sits down with you and gives you a thorough review of the island - history, things to do, maps, etc. All in all, our best Caribbean experience yet- will definitely return to this hotel. By the way, the best way to see St. Lucia is to rent a car. The roads wind a lot, but it gives you the freedom to go wherever you want.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
Jade Mountain Resort
Cap Maison
Cap Maison
#2 of 4 in Cap Estate
Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort

Been to Villa Beach Cottages? Share your experiences!