“Exceeded my expectations”

Villa Beach Cottages
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Castries
Reviewed 22 April 2010

I had a most enjoyable stay in this boutique villa hotel which exceeded my expectations.

This is my second visit to St Lucia – last time I stayed in a hotel on Reduit beach. This time I chose Villa Beach Cottages due to the good reviews on Trip Advisor, its beach front location on a beautiful quiet beach on Choc Bay and its homely atmosphere, being a small hotel with a dozen of self-catering apartments in individual 2 storey villas.

I stayed in Derek Walcott’s suite, named after the renowned St Lucian poet who is a Nobel Prize winner. The suite is located on the upper floor boasting beautiful seaview from the balcony. The kitchen is modern and well-equipped for cooking full meals, and the bedroom has a huge four-poster bed and sofa with the most efficient air-conditioning which keeps the suite cool. The in-room jacuzzi is placed in such a unique position to provide duo seaviews! I had a great time lying in the Jacuzzi with a glass of champagne looking out at the sea. Sunset view from the balcony was particularly romantic.

The beach could not have been closer, being a mere few steps from the suites. It is shared with another hotel which is about 200 metres on the left with no disturbance at all. There is another secluded beach on the right of the hotel. The place was so quiet, unlike the bustling Reduit beach in Rodney Bay. Most of the times being the only person swimming in the sea, I felt that I owned the beach myself.

Teresa the message therapist gave me a great massage in the gazebo next to the swimming pool – she had such a magic touch and accurately diagnosed knots in my neck and back.

The staff was helpful from the start, returning my email promptly and answering any queries I had before the stay. They organised a taxi to collect me at the airport. As I don’t drive, I had to rely on taxi transfer to get about which did add to the cost. As there is no restaurant onsite in the hotel, it’s worth getting some food supply and water/drinks from the local supermarket. I dined twice at the quiet Wharf restaurant which was conveniently situated right next door to the hotel. Food was cheap and plentiful – I had the best icecream sundae here. I also dined at various hip restaurants in Rodney Bay and Castries, as well as the legendary Green Parrot restaurant on the hill where I had the fortune to greet my old friend chef Harry after 20 years!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank sho132

Reviewed 21 April 2010

The moment we pulled into this intimate, lovely property, we were taken by the pretty architecture of the villa/cottages, and the lush gardens. When we checked in at the office, we were impressed with the warm, friendly, helpful, and professional reception we received from the staff! As our week progressed, so did our feeling that we were part of a "family" at Villa Beach Cottages. Colin, Neva, Nadia, Olivia, Austin, Sabby, and Maura became our friends. Nothing was too much trouble.

We so enjoyed sitting on our balcony in the morning sipping coffee, listening to/watching the birds in the garden, and looking out at the magnificent Carribbean!
You won't be disappointed if you choose VBC.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Kwidel
Reviewed 17 April 2010

From the moment we arrived to the sad moment it was time to leave...we felt like family! Each member of the staff at Villa Beach Cottages went above and beyond to see that all of our needs were met...from the taxi transfer they arranged for us, security, housekeeping, car rental, grounds keepers, to the unbelievable office staff. We've really never seen such wonderful friendliness and commitment to service in any place we have ever stayed!!! So, because of this...we will tell all of our friends and we will definitely go back as soon and as often as possible.

The hotel is beautifully decorated, fully equipped, quiet, and located on a lovely stretch of beach. Close to the action...but far enough away from the hustle and bustle to be relaxing and intimate. All of the positive reviews are here for a reason!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2010

What a great place to stay. You can't ask for more really, the beach is 20' from your door, our room was great, everything was perfect. The Ladies (Neva, Nadia & Olivia) were absolutely wonderful. Always smiling, always willing to assist us with whatever we wanted to do. Not only is this the best place to stay, but there are many activities to do on the island. We did horseback riding, zipling, sunset cruise, island tour (with Moses who is awesome). We stayed for two wonderful weeks and will definately go back. Our thanks to all of the staff. They all made our stay very enjoyable.
Warmest regards,
Kami

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2010

Sun to warm you, sand to caress your toes, and sea of blue to lull and amaze you. The perfect place to rejuvenate your mind, body and soul.
25 years of holidaying in St. Lucia, and 10 years every February for our anniversary, returning to the place that has taken hold of our hearts.
Staying at Villa Beach is like a hug, or a comforting pat on the shoulder - the kind that puts you back together after a hard day when you feel tapped out and there is nothing left to give.
From the minute you arrive and are greeted by the wonderful caring staff - Neva, Nadia, Olivia and Austin - who put their genuine heartfelt efforts into doing their utmost to make you feel at home with every considerationto helping you have a wonderful vacation.
The suites are amazing. Beautiful self contained kitchenettes, sitting/dining areas,all spotlessly kept by the lovely ladies in housekeeping. Each suite has its own private balcony or patio with a stunning ocean view. On site BBQ's that you can book to create that special meal.
Imagine sitting outside dining on your own private balcony or patio, palm trees swaying , ocean waves dancing .. (sometimes it's a waltz, sometimes it's the salsa) .. or watchingthe sunset as you sip on your favourite drink .. maybe catching sight of the elusive "green flash" that everyone talks about.. and yes, it really does exist .. we just saw it for the first time and hadn't even had a sip. Are you hooked yet? Picture the pool outside your room, the hot tub the dipping pool ..did we mention the palm trees , blue sky,warm sun, the ocean view, the only frozen water is the ice cubes in your glass .. you are on an "island" with the ocean right in front of you.
Ask about the starter pack .. it's just the thing to tide you over until you get settled after a long trip .. it's a relief to be able to open the fridge and have juice, bread, milktea, and coffee, etc... on hand.
There is a small mall nearby and the grocery stores carry most of what you can get at home.. and a few minutes walk away you you'll also find restaurants (good coffee shop), and cinema.
St. Lucia has so many great eating places... some really good local places. Ask other guests, staff or Colin when you have a chat with him .. he is an amazing personand a fount of knowledge and interesting information.
A few steps away from reception you will find an Internet Cafe, small library, a mini mart,and laundry facilities .. think about it.. you can bring fewer clothes and have lots of room in your suitcase to bring all those St. Lucia treasures you find shopping in the market or at duty-free or downtown Castries.
Getting around is pretty easy ..either by local inexpensive transport(bus)..hop on and say hello..,or by taxi...or ask reception about renting a car when you call.
There are so many things to say about staying at Villa Beach Cottages besides the beautiful suites that will make you feel pampered without pretension. It really does feel like home. You'll meet some of the nicest people .. we always do. We can't understand anyone going there and not having a wondergful time .. we're ready for ours next February. Val & Gerry.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2010

My husband and I were on our 26th Anniversary trip, and we couldn't have chosen a more accomodating vacation villa. The villa was on a beautiful beach, the rooms were very comfortable including a flat screen tv/cable, with a full kitchen and large dining table. In addition, there was an outside patio directly off from our bedroom with a tremendous ocean view. Lovely personnel with expert knowledge of where to go and what to see. Since my husband and I are both divers, they even set up our excursions with a fantastic dive company. If you can't get away from the internet, they've got that too in the room!! Such a plus for a Caribbean location. We would not even think of staying anywhere else if returning to Castries! I would advise a car rental to get around.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2010

Just got back last week. We had a great time and stayed here for the entire trip. The staff were really helpful. Location brilliant, right on the beach and good for exploring the north of St. Lucia.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
Jade Mountain Resort
#2 of 5 in Cap Estate
East Winds
East Winds
#1 of 13 in Gros Islet

Been to Villa Beach Cottages? Share your experiences!