I had a most enjoyable stay in this boutique villa hotel which exceeded my expectations.
This is my second visit to St Lucia – last time I stayed in a hotel on Reduit beach. This time I chose Villa Beach Cottages due to the good reviews on Trip Advisor, its beach front location on a beautiful quiet beach on Choc Bay and its homely atmosphere, being a small hotel with a dozen of self-catering apartments in individual 2 storey villas.
I stayed in Derek Walcott’s suite, named after the renowned St Lucian poet who is a Nobel Prize winner. The suite is located on the upper floor boasting beautiful seaview from the balcony. The kitchen is modern and well-equipped for cooking full meals, and the bedroom has a huge four-poster bed and sofa with the most efficient air-conditioning which keeps the suite cool. The in-room jacuzzi is placed in such a unique position to provide duo seaviews! I had a great time lying in the Jacuzzi with a glass of champagne looking out at the sea. Sunset view from the balcony was particularly romantic.
The beach could not have been closer, being a mere few steps from the suites. It is shared with another hotel which is about 200 metres on the left with no disturbance at all. There is another secluded beach on the right of the hotel. The place was so quiet, unlike the bustling Reduit beach in Rodney Bay. Most of the times being the only person swimming in the sea, I felt that I owned the beach myself.
Teresa the message therapist gave me a great massage in the gazebo next to the swimming pool – she had such a magic touch and accurately diagnosed knots in my neck and back.
The staff was helpful from the start, returning my email promptly and answering any queries I had before the stay. They organised a taxi to collect me at the airport. As I don’t drive, I had to rely on taxi transfer to get about which did add to the cost. As there is no restaurant onsite in the hotel, it’s worth getting some food supply and water/drinks from the local supermarket. I dined twice at the quiet Wharf restaurant which was conveniently situated right next door to the hotel. Food was cheap and plentiful – I had the best icecream sundae here. I also dined at various hip restaurants in Rodney Bay and Castries, as well as the legendary Green Parrot restaurant on the hill where I had the fortune to greet my old friend chef Harry after 20 years!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, boutique, beachfront hotel featuring deluxe fully self-contained one and two bedrooms villa suites nestled among the coconut trees and lush tropical gardens at Choc Bay with panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea and offering comfortable, casual luxury with friendly, impeccable service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, West Indies, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Villa Beach Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Beach Cottages Hotel Castries
- Hotel Beach
- Villa Beach Cottages St. Lucia/Castries