“This is the place to be for budget travellers!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Castries
Boiled Frog Guesthouse
Ranked #3 of 16 Castries B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We had a great week in Boiled Frog! The place is absolutely beautiful and conveniently located. The main bus line between Gros Islet and Castries runs just by the guest house 24/7. The hosts Danielle & Steve were wonderful, really helpful and kind. You can ask anything and you get always answer with smile :) You have a possibility to dinner with family and the food is just delicious! Our room was clean, air conditioned, equipped with fridge- we have absolutely nothing to complain about. You find the beach just few hundred meters from the house, which is great for a refresment! We can recommend Boiled Frog Huesthouse to everyone with all of our hearts!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank erikonen
BoiledFrog1, Manager at Boiled Frog Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2012

Thank you so much for sending in this review! It was a great experience for us to have you as our first guests from Finland. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and thanks for mentioning the beach! It is one of the best things about our location!

There are newer reviews for Boiled Frog Guesthouse

Reviewed 26 January 2012

The Boiled Frog is run by Steve and Danielle Unruh, two young Canadian expats who tired of suffering through northern Canadian winters. They are cheerful, always helpful and have a slightly quirky sense of humour. Steve, an aspiring novelist, relates that a lady in a supermarket checkout line once accused him of being Jesus. Danielle watches all the cooking shows on TV and has been known to offer her guests a free meal at dinner time, apparently just to see how her recipes turned out.
The guest house is located right on the Caribbean shore hardly more than a kilometre north of Castries’ Vigie airport. A few minutes walk will get you to Vigie beach, one of the finest swimming spots in St Lucia. From their screened porch, gazebo or sun-drenched patio, you have a great view of Vigie Peninsula and of all the cruise ships entering or leaving Castries Harbour.
I stayed five nights in the cottage, which was spacious, clean, bright, airy, air-conditioned and equipped with multiple locks. I was made to feel part of their family from the moment I parked in their driveway. It felt like an all-inclusive at hostel prices. I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
BoiledFrog1, Manager at Boiled Frog Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Thanks for sending in this review! We very much enjoyed having you stay with us and be part of our Caribbean experience.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

Our experience at the Boiled Frog was fun and relaxing. Danielle and Steve were awesome and made us feel very at home from the moment we met them. The rum drinks (I can't remember the name of them) were delicious and enough of a reason to visit on its own. On top of that, the nearby beach is beautiful and almost had not a soul on it. The natural setting is enough to set even the busiest of minds at ease and the atmosphere will leave you wishing you could stay longer. We can't wait to return one day!

Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mommashanko
BoiledFrog1, Owner at Boiled Frog Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

Thanks for this review! It was great to have the opportunity to share our little piece of paradise with you and we're glad you enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed 29 December 2011

The owners Danielle and Steve are very friendly and helpfull. We were invited for dinner on the first night and the food was great. Our room was big and clean with a fridge, airconditioning, double bed, beachtowels and a bathroom with shampoo and everything. You can relax in a hammog on the veranda with an amazing view on the beach. The beach is just a few steps away. We had a great stay and we recommend this place to everyone!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anja Martijn C

Thank you for your review and than you for being such great guests! It was great to have you as our first repeat guests!

Reviewed 12 December 2011

St Lucia's motto is "Simply Beautiful", they should add "Simply Amazing" for the Boiled Frog !
If you are a traveller who truly values interactions with other people in addition to the interaction with the place, then you HAVE to spend some time here.

If I had to sum it up in one sentence, this will easily become your home away from home.

Hosts Danielle and Steve genuinely take an interest in you and really make you feel comfortable and welcome. The rooms are great, the place is spacious and the location is convenient for getting around... did I mention it is literally a stone's throw from the beach?
By the way, the food is to die for! Sure, visit the restaurants, but some of the best meals I had on the Island were here. Danielle was even kind enough to make vegetarian versions for me.

All things considered, my only regret was that I couldn't stay longer.

Mark
Ottawa, Canada

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark758

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with the Trip Advisor community!

Reviewed 6 December 2011

Just returned from a week long stay at the Boiled Frog. Amazing place, food and hosts! Rooms are huge and air conditioned! Lovely!Owners Danielle & Steve made me feel welcome immediately. Danielle is always whipping up something yummy in the kitchen. My only caution? Be wary, the Piton Beer and local rum is addictive! Odds are excellent that I will return.

Room Tip: Beach just a stumble away.....
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lola384

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for letting others know and we certainly hope you find your way back in the future!

Reviewed 26 September 2011

In August I stayed at the Boiled Frog Guest House (don't let the name put you off). This was my first trip to St Lucia. Whatever your idea of staying at a guest is, put it to one side, because staying at this establishment is a completely different experience and a real treat. Let me give some reasons to stay there and why I would stay again.

1. The hospitality. The owners Steve and Danielle made me feel like family while I was there. I have stayed at some of the top Hotels around the world and the hospitality at The Boiled Frog is more personal and friendly than anywhere else I have been. Don't be afraid to ask questions. They will be more than happy to give you information. They genuinely want you to have the best holiday experience that you can.

2. The Accommodation. There are guest rooms and a cottage attached to the main building. I stayed in the cottage. There were ceiling fans, air-conditioning in the bedroom and a nice big shower. The bed was comfortable and there was plenty of fresh food for a continental breakfast. There is a living room and a kitchen with the usual facilities. There is a huge covered terrace with tables, chairs and hammocks and a second smaller terrace. I only had one morning of bad weather on my stay. It thundered, so I poured myself a drink, grabbed a magazine and jumped into one of the hammocks. I was so relaxed I fell asleep. When I awoke, the rain had stopped. How's that for winding down from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.

3. The Location. Situated just off the main road on Choc Bay, between Castries and Rodney Bay, it is one of the best locations to get to the many attractions in the north of St Lucia. Public transport is nearby, as are some shops, including a supermarket.

4. The Beach. The Hotels along this lovely sandy beach are spread out, so It is not as crowded as the beach at Rodney Bay.

5. Transportation. Take the local buses, which runs close by to the guest house (a couple of minutes walk down a lane). They run frequently to Castries and Rodney Bay. I didn't wait more than a couple of minutes.

6. Resort hotels. If you want to try the facilities of the big hotels, you can get day passes at some of them and then come back to the more relaxed atmosphere of the guest house afterwards.

7. Eating. You could do self catering. I tended to eat out. One restaurant is within walking distance, but the many restaurants of Rodney Bay are not that far away either.

8. Alternative to Hotels. I have been there, done that, got the tee shirt. All inclusive holidays are great, but to sample the richness of the culture, I much prefer to stay somewhere like the Boiled Frog. This is a family run guest house. and I was glad to have supported their relatively new venture by staying there. In return, I was richly rewarded with a lovely memorable holiday / vacation.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
BoiledFrog1, Owner at Boiled Frog Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2011

Thanks for the great review! It was a treat to have you stay with us and we hope you will find your way back one day!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
Villa Beach Cottages
#6 of 11 in Soufriere
East Winds
East Winds
#1 of 13 in Gros Islet

Been to Boiled Frog Guesthouse? Share your experiences!