“Honeymoon cove”

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Honeymoon cove”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Nice snorkel that didn't take up the entire day. Good instructions for first timers. 15 minute shuttle and 15 minutes boat ride to site.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank SaraIrie2014

Chicago, Illinois
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 741 helpful votes
“Diving is a MUST in St. Lucia”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We did a total of 7 dives during our stay at Sandals La Toc. Unfortunately the resort does not have a dock so all the divers have to be bused to the dive center. It’s about a 30 minute bus ride from the resort to the marina. The bus leaves at 8am sharp every morning.

Every day during the week there are 2 tank dives, except for Sunday where only a 1 tank dive occurs.

During our stay the dives were as follows:
Sunday - Shallow Reef Dive
Monday & Thursday - Wreck Dive
Tuesday & Saturday - Wall Dive
Wednesday & Friday - Pitons Dive (A must dive for any diver)

There was also an option for a night dive on Wednesday at an additional cost.

Upon arrival at the dock we were checked in by Captain John, prior to boarding the boat. If you brought your own equipment you needed to set it up yourself. If you were using Sandals dive equipment all the gear was already setup for you. The dive boat was clean, I have to say Capt. John runs a tight ship. The dive masters/instructors that were accompanying us on the dives were very professional and even had easy to remember/funny names: That guy Eli and Frooty Lum. Before every dive there was an extensive briefing, where safety was of the utmost importance. On one of the days we had to change dive locations as there were strong currents at the location that we planned on diving. Getting in and out of the water was like clock work, even though we had between 10 and 16 divers. Our instructors were very skilled at finding sea creatures that we would have otherwise missed. Between dives there were snacks: sandwiches, baked goods, and fruits along with water or juice. Our dives lasted between 30 and 50 minutes and our deepest dive was around 60ft. We did see a lot of colorful sea creatures but none were very large. We did see lobster, eels, crabs, shrimp, octopus and plenty of lion fish.

Tips:
If you had more dives planned during your stay there is a storage area for all your gear, so you don’t have to carry it all back to the resort.
Dive knives and dive gloves are not allowed on the island, make sure to leave them at home.

Visited October 2013
4 Thank JustDiveIn
Belfast, United Kingdom
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Fantasic Staff, Great Dives”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

It was just myself that went diving as my wife does not like the water very much. The staff at the Halcyon could not have been better, having dived twice before once in the Med and the other in Bali. The instruction that you get at Sandals is by far the best I have had. I got virtually none in the Med and only a little in Bali. At the Halcyon you first watch a video then you have to prove that you can actually swim!!! amazingly some people book to dive who cant even swim. You are then taken through several exercises in the pool, just to make sure that you are ok, getting water out of your mask, using someone else's oxygen, taking your mouth piece in and out and them swimming underwater. Now comes the best bit you get to dive, yippee. You go for a short drive down to the marina and then its off down the coast. They have several sites to dive depending on the weather and the currents. You are constantly given instruction on health and safety which is all for the good of everyone. At the dive site you take a very big step off the back and away you go. They take there time with you if you have not dived before or still a novice so don't worry. You dive down to approx. 30 feet and for approx. 30 mins dive. You get to see so much, many types of fishes coral, eels, crabs, lobsters, octopus and so on. Once you have paid the initial test fee you can dive as many times as you want with no extra charges at all. well worth getting a good waterproof camera as you will be taking so many photo's, well I did anyway. See some attached. A big thank you to all the staff who were fantastic and very helpful and very knowledgeable and pointed out lots to see as we dived. Thanks it helped to make my holiday even better.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank John O
Richmond, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“inflexible haughty attitude”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Gotta call em as I see them and I saw this through the eyes of a man left to hang out and dry.
My wife and I thought we were going to dive for our 25th wedding. In filling out the PADI questionairre she noted that she occassionally smokes. Due to that we had to get a Drs note prior to diving. Ok - I can grudgingly accept that ruling but to tell her she wasn't allowed to do the pool refresher course without the note was over the top and thoughtless and cost us a day of diving and our opportunity to get our advanced open water diver certification. Had a note faxed within an our from her Dr - but they thought they were too busy to give us our pool check out. Didn't appear at all busy to me

Visited July 2013
Delanco, New Jersey
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“I am now hooked on Scuba!!!”
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

Thanks to the professional Frooty Lum I have become a PADI certified diver!! I can't wait to continue this new found passion!! This crew is extremely professional, patient and all around fun!! Eli, Sammy all great crew. They knew right were to take us to see great sites. The do this tour called Super Snorkel. You stop at 3 different locations, get off the boat sample ice cream, then you can dive or snorkel. On the boat ride home, it's party time!!! Rum punch is flowing!! I highly recommend this excursion.