“Warning Scuba Rules”

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Warning Scuba Rules”
Reviewed 23 January 2011

Was planning on diving again when we visited Halycon but found out the hard way when we checked in to set up a dive. They now have a "medical form" that has about 30 questions on it. If you answer even one a yes, you will not be allowed to dive unless you have your doctor back home fax them a permission slip or you have their doctor come in and visit you for about 125 euro.

I was "black balled" because I take a over the counter antihistamine . Another person has a surgery 20 years ago and was told no without a visit to their doctor. One of the questions asks if you have even been sea sick? If you check yes your off the boat.

The only way to dive on their boats if you take any kind of medication is to be dishonest when filling out the form. The travesty is if for example you have hypertension and are not treating it you can dive but if you take any type of medication for your high pressure and are controlling it you can't unless you spend 125 euros or have your doctor back home send a note.

Bottom line I dive everywhere we go and I have never seen a policy like this Very few people are diving now on there boats, maybe this is what they want. If you want to dive DO Not check any boxes yes.

What is odd with their form is you need to sign twice and hold harmless Sandals if anything happened anyway. It appears that they are limiting how many people will use the scuba service by using this form. They are the only dive center I have ever seen that is this restrictive. My last trip to a Sandals resort. Good luck

11 Thank torchlake99