“Great all-inclusive resort” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Castries
Houston, Texas
“Great all-inclusive resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

My wife and I recently got back from La Toc. We were there celebrating our honeymoon. We have no complaints about the entire trip. The employees of the resort were very accommodating and went out of their way to do anything for you. The food and drinks exceeded my expectations. The employees were always offering you more drinks.

If I had to state a downside to the trip, it would be the commute to/from the airport. It took about 1.5 hours and if you get car sick easily, this won't be the most car ride for you. This would not keep me from coming back to this beautiful island.

Sandals Grande and La Toc had the younger crowds, mainly younger honeymooners. Halycon Beach was more of the older crowd as it was the most quiet.

This was our first all-inclusive resort vacation and we were very pleased. We plan to go on another all-inclusive trip as soon as we can afford it (probably at another Sandals resort).

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Bryan B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,724)
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

Overall, the resort and service was perfect, the rooms on the other hand were average. Ants were walking around our bathroom ALL THE TIME. Another thing, DON"T EVER give your family members that 1-800 number to the Hotel, in fact don't ever have them call you, cell phones calls are average 2$ a minute their offer that gets transferred over to your phone company as collect calls costs 7$ a minute I kid you not. RIDICULOUS.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank hardtofindscreenname
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
I’m so sorry that your experience with us did not quite meet your expectations. We strive, to not only provide excellent service but, also to offer amazing vacation experiences to our guests and unfortunately, it seems we did not meet that goal.

Regarding your concerns about the pests, it is surprising to hear of this as we take pest control very seriously and ensure that control procedures are completed regularly. All in all, I'm so sorry you had this experience and the general manager has been notified so that future guests do not have a similar experience.

Thank you for your review. Please feel free to contact us at 1-888-SANDALS if you have any questions or concerns.

Cassie C.
Review Coordinator
Sandals & Beaches Resorts
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

We flew in from Montreal with Westjet Vacations via Toronto. No problems, solid no frills flight.

Customs were fast and Sandals lounge was great with their Rum Punch, Beer or Champagne. WARNING: No need to use the baggage handlers as you do not need to go very far and they will expect a tip. They will be quite aggressive, but you can just say no thanks.

We decided to take the helicopter transfer since none of us have ever been in a helicopter and we wanted to start our honeymoon ASAP. It was great! 10 minute ride instead of 75 minutes by car. Views were awesome. It was $140 per person plus a $20 cab ride to the hotel.

Hotel was great. you can tell that it is an older hotel but it is up-kept almost to perfection. The age of the hotel adds to its charm. The grounds are excellent and it is not like a traditional resort, as it is built on a cliff overlooking the ocean.

The room was a bit dated, but it was clean. The beds were very comfortable. We stayed in the Honeymoon La Toc Premium. There was no balcony, but we would rather stay 2 weeks rather than splurge on one of the expensive rooms. The only hiccup in the room was that there was some ants near the patio door. We alerted the front desk and they took care of it immediately. I noticed that they re-appeared at the end of the 2 weeks.

The food was great. La Toc (french) was the best. It was really classy inside and the food was great. I recommend the escargot entree. All the restaurants were top notch. We also ate dinner at the Pier restaurant at Sandals Halcyon, which is a seafood place and was very good. Don't miss the Friday night street party with their roasted pig and chicken roti with mango sauce. Damn! that stuff was good.

Service was great. It seems that it is the staffs' pleasure to serve you and it's not just their job. A few employees refused a tip. i gave a couple of bucks here and there just to show my appreciation of their service with a smile. Playmakers were awesome and made sure everyone had a great time with their activities day and night. There was however a lack of things to do on a day where it rained all day. Didn't matter since we were there 2 weeks. Caught up on sleep, drank and played ping-pong.

Bars were good. JW Black from me and vodka for my lady. It was not to busy so we did not wait long to be served and had no trouble finding place at any restaurant. The bartenders really found it amusing that we learned a little Patwa Creole and were ordering our drinks in their one of the 2 (along with English) local language. When you say the locals tell them "saka faite", it basically means what's up.

We did the Son of Man tour that we purchased off a beach vendor. Similar to the Joe Knows, but less of a party boat. We were only 3 couples on the boat, as opposed to 10-12 couples on the Joe Knows. We also did scuba diving for the first time. Instructors were very good and made sure everyone was comfortable. Dive site was okay. In terms of marine life, I prefered snorkeling when we went on the Son of Man tour. Also got a massage, which was pretty good. Also went to Rodney Bay for some shopping and Casino. Nothing special for shopping but Casino was pretty nice. Went to the beach at Grande a few times. Beach was a bit nice but we found out that it was man made. The beach at La Toc was great. Some days it was really wavy and other days were very calm. The water-sports team were very good.

Played golf 3 times. Brought my clubs to avoid paying for rentals ($25 if I remember correctly). Free green fees but you have to pay for caddy and cart and tip for the caddy. It ended up costing $30 each round plus 12-15 tip for caddy. Course was quite challenging and being from Canada, it was fun fun to play in an environment totally different from back home.

The beach was good. never had trouble finding shade but i'm sure it is more difficult when the hotel is busier. There are some vendors on the beach that offer jewelry, cigars and even "ganja". If you say no thanks, they won't bother you more than that. There are 2 other vendors offering tours. WARNING: Whether it be beach vendors or local children on the beach, if you get to friendly with them, they may ask you to get them a drink or even food from the resort. We hung out at the main pool in the afternoon. There is music and activities. Very nice.

Overall it was an excellent stay and i would recommend this resort to anyone. In terms of demographics, 85% of guests were American honeymooners between the ages of 25-35. Compared to the other Sandals' on the island, La Toc seemed to have more of a party atmosphere. The Grande was had a crowd that was a little older and Halcyon had the oldest crowd and was the quietest of the 3.

Hope this helped

Room Tip: Stayed in La Toc Honeymoon Premium. It was a basic room, but that's all we needed. Big bed, clea...
12 Thank StephKaz89
Winchester, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

We visited Sandals La Toc from 7/28-8/4 for our 15-year vow renewal / honeymoon and could not have been more pleased with our choice in resort!

We had the Sunset Ocean Bluff, two-story Verandah which was absolutely amazing, a lot of space, but amazing!!

First when you exit the airport and go through Customs you will see a “Sandals” sign, don’t let the guys in the red take your bags, literally Sandals lounge is 15 feet to the left after you exit the door, in there you are offered rum punch!! The best!!

As we arrived we were taken into the Butler’s lounge for check in, as well as more rum punch, champagne and sandwiches. Our room was ready right away; it was gorgeous but a bit too big for just the 2 of us. Everyday our fridge and bar were fully stocked. The bed was very comfortable and the room was a good temperature. It could have been colder at night but it was comfortable.

We had butler service and it was very nice and was there to serve our every need from making our dive reservations, breakfast on the Verandah!! We cannot thank them enough for their wonderful hospitality and making us feel like we had nothing to worry about! We cannot recommend them enough! The housekeepers came by our room twice a day...once in the morning to tidy up and once in the evening for turndown service. They consistently kept our fridge stocked and kept our room very clean!

The restaurants were all FANTASTIC! They had Pitons Restaurant which is a Caribbean-style restaurant, Armandos which is an Italian restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, and Neptune’s which is a Mediterranean-style restaurant right next to the beach. We also went to Gordon’s over at the Grande which was ok! It is a five-star, white glove service restaurant!
Once we got settled in and everything we went to Armando's which is the Italian Restaurant about 100ft from our room. The food was good but honestly my wife and I are not the type who has expensive tastes in food or care about the presentation as much as if the food is good. I am a very picky eater and looking at the entire menu's this trip was a pain in the rear to find something I may like, even though I did like everything I chose.

The Bluff's pool is amazing, day and night which is usually very quiet which was great for us. We went for a swim a few nights and during the day a couple of times and none of the time was it over crowded in the pool or by the pool. The views from there are also amazing and all of the staff in or around that area are always friendly. We did go to the main pool a couple of times as well since we had planned events we ended up hanging out around there waiting for our bus transfers and they were overly busy but it really depends on your lifestyle. If you like socializing and meeting friendly other honeymooners then it may be more your style, if you are all about seclusion and enjoying yourself with your new wife/husband than the bluff may be more your style.

We partook in the Treetop Canopy Adventure, or more so Zip Lining on our third day on the island which was for the most part fun, didn't really get to see much of the rainforest but the staff and zip lining portions were fun. I will say as a recommendation if you are partaking in any adventures be aware that it is very humid there so pack heavy on the underwear or other clothing cause you may change cloths more than you think.

We also had a candlelight dinner by the beach to which was nice, the beach is a the main part of the La Toc resort and sadly you will not see a good sunset from that point because the sun actually sets over the bluff so it gets blocked at a given point, at least it did for us but regardless of that it was a great romantic dinner if you were not celebrating 15 years together (good for honeymooners). We even made a new friend who was a curious cat that would not turn down food if you fed him, but the staff may not at all be pleased with you doing so. They do feed all of the cats I think twice a day and they are all very friendly and will only approach you if you want them too otherwise they seem to keep their distance.

We did the Snuba Adventure on the 4th day we were there and I will say I love to swim; it is an experience I have to admit I would have paid for again!! A MUST DO!!! The experience was nice even though it seemed like we were only in the water for 20 minutes after an hour drive there and back it didn't seem like enough time to enjoy the underwater life. I did take my underwater camera and got some decent photos for the water not being super clear, I think due to the rain we kept getting or because we were not far from the beach.

Also they do have Wi-Fi nearly the entire resort is blanketed with Wi-Fi and repeaters to keep you having somewhat a signal anywhere. I thought it was nice to check up on email or Facebook to post pictures of our great time we had!

In all St. Lucia was a fabulous place to visit, we compared it to Jamaica and could come up with so much more positive things about St. Lucia. Please take the cab to go shopping; all the people in the shopping area are nice, friendlier, and not pushy like in Jamaica!

Best Regards,

3 Thank Joshua R
New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

My husband and I just returned from this resort where we were on our honeymoon. Starting at the airport this vacation did nothing but exceed our expectations. I was a bit nervous about the drive to the resort as I had read other reviews talking about how long and windy and bumpy it was. Having read this I paid for the private transfer to the resort. We waited no more than 10 minutes to get our bags and go through immigration and customs. We were then whisked into the Sandals lounge and offered a rum punch. Our driver was waiting for us as went through the lounge. He was waiting for us in a 5 series BMW. The ride was so smooth that we didn’t have a problem at all. Our driver was a fantastic tour guide in pointing out different things. We would have stopped to take pictures but my fiancé had worn his camo shorts, which we learned in customs is illegal unless you are part of the militia in St. Lucia. We didn’t have a problem, were just told to change when we got to the resort. It only took us about an hour to get to the resort.
As we arrive we were taken into the concierge lounge for check in, as well as more rum punch, champagne and sandwiches. The sandwiches were key as we had been traveling for quite some time. Our room was ready right away. I had booked the regency hideaway 1 bedroom room with a private pool and boys were we upgraded! We ended up in the Walcott Villas, which were a little longer of a walk, but not too bad. We were driven up to our 2 story villa and our suitcases were delivered to us. We had a private pool, full patio, full kitchen, living room and 2 bedrooms. It was gorgeous but a bit too big for just the 2 of us. It would have been perfect for a group of 4! Everyday our fridge and bar were fully stocked. The bed was very comfortable and the room was a good temperature. It could have been colder at night but it was comfortable.
We ate at every restaurant but The Piton. Neither my husband nor I are big into Caribbean food. Kimono’s Steakhouse was our favorite. We ate there towards the end of the week and I wish we had eaten there again! Armando’s was also a favorite of ours. The Pavilion is perfect for breakfast and a good buffet lunch. Both the breakfast and lunch buffet’s had plenty to choose from. Neptune’s was our favorite for lunch or a late afternoon snack. GREAT PIZZA! My husband has a severe food allergy and had no problem eating. We met with the chef when we checked in and had no problems! Cricketers was our favorite bar! We would go there for afternoon snacks and late night munchies. Patrick and Darius are fantastic bar tenders! The piano bar is also a great place to hang at night! There is karaoke until 11 and then the DJ plays good music! And of course the main pool/bar is the place to be! The beach is very nice and the water has some good waves! You must go on Joe Know’s. We got to see a lot of the island and had a fantastic time out on the boat.

All and all it was a great honeymoon! I would highly recommend this resort!

Room Tip: We spent so little time in our room that it's not worth paying the amount to upgrade to a "...
2 Thank basketballtraveler11
Trinidad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

My name is Sinanan Roland Singh me,my wife Roslyn and my friends vacation at La Toc St Lucia. It was a wonderful experience. The place was fabulous, food delicious and the the staff very warm. The ambiance of the place very inviting. I am happy to share with you some of the staff members who went out of their way to make our stay very comfortable. Elijah from the watersport, Mosi from La Toc Restaurant, Fernellia from the pool, Tasha from the pool, and Radha from the dining area.
We will be coming back again. Without a doubt these staff member just love what they do and represented the ideals of La Toc.

Room Tip: Choose the one next to the pool.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Roland S
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Thank you so much for you great review of Sandals La Toc. I'm happy that you we were able to make your stay so special! We hope that you visit us again soon so that we can make your next trip just as wonderful as the first.

Happy Travels!

Cassie C
Review Coordinator
Sandals & Beaches Resorts
Trinidad
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

The hotel, food, drinks and most of all the people service was awesome, we were treated as if we were family. There were some awesome people that went the extra to make our stay very enjoyable. They are:
Elijah the cruise tour guide
Tasha at the pool
Fernellia pool service
Radha great food service

Room Tip: The Ocean View walk out room is close to everything at the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
Jade Mountain Resort
Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina
Cap Maison
Cap Maison
#2 of 4 in Cap Estate

Been to Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!