As with all hotels none are perfect but at the end of the day we had a lovely, memorable holiday.
I'll start with the positives. We stayed in a suite up on the bluff with the butler service and I cannot emphasize enough other than the cost there is no downside to having a butler. They are completely unobtrusive and take all the "stress" out of your stay. Booking restaurants, organising trips, reserving sunbeds around the pool, supplying a cool box full of refreshments if you can't be bothered to shift your carcass the 20' to the bar and plenty more.
Overall the food in all restaurants is good, I particularly liked La Toc and Kimonos. We also ate at Kelly's and Gordon's at the other hotels which were both worth the effort.
The overall level of service throughout the hotel is excellent, I cannot think of a single occasion in my two weeks where a member of staff was not courteous and friendly.
I was particularly looking forward to the scuba diving and was not disappointed. Other than the 15 minutes bus trip to the Sandals dive centre I enjoyed all the dives. The dive staff were very professional and safety conscious but still kept the element of fun very much at the forefront of the experience.
As for the negatives. As a middle aged British couple we were outnumbered by about 20-1 to young, honeymooning American newly weds and as a consequence the daytime atmosphere and the evening entertainment reflected the majority demographic. So if you're expecting a sophisticated, quiet holiday you may be disappointed. However there are plenty of areas/bars to escape to for a bit of respite.
The selection of water sports at La Toc is quite limited and not what I was expecting. They could certainly do with increasing the facilities to bring them in line to those available at The Grand.
Top Tip! If staying up on the bluff where the rooms are surrounded by gardens ear plugs at night are an absolute must. The insect chorus is deafening and does not reach it's climax until about 4am
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Elevated Millionaire Suites come with 180 degree views, rotating 46" plasma TV's, a private whirlpool and infinity pool and fully opened glass walls •Airport transfers and 24 hour room service available•Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Course located directly on the resort •10 minutes from George F.L. Charles Airport (SLU), Shopping and Castries and 1 hour from the Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) •"Stay at One, Play at Three" free shuttle exchange privileges with Sandals Grande St. Lucian and Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort •Three magnificent freshwater pools, sixty-five personal plunge pools, and four whirlpools •Voted Sandals Resorts "World's Leading All-Inclusive Company" 20 years in a row •Voted Sandals Resorts "Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand", 18 years in a row •Voted Saint Lucia's Leading Spa Resort •Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Destinology, Holiday Gems, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals La Toc Golf Hotel Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Regency St Lucia Hotel
- Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Castries