“Absolutely loved St. Lucia!”

Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Castries
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Absolutely loved St. Lucia!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My husband I stayed at La Toc for our honeymoon in June 2013. We stayed in an Emerald Oceanfront room - our view was beautiful! We went snorkeling for the first time on this trip - it was amazing - even for a poor swimmer (like me!). We also went whale watching and saw sperm whales (but they were hard to see and this does cost extra). We went deep sea fishing but didn't catch anything - however, my husband and I enjoyed speaking to the fisherman who was with us (his name was Noah). We tried all of the restaurants at the resort except for the Japanese restaurant (I'm not a fan of Asian foods) - but all of the restaurants we went to were great. Neptunes was definitely my favorite.
There are 3 different pools at La Toc - one up by the most expensive suites, one close to the lobby (the main one with the swim up bar), and one by the Pitons restaurant. The pool by the Pitons restaurant was empty and at first we weren't sure if we should be there. However, a staff member came and asked if we wanted any drinks (we weren't near any of the bars) and brought us beverages. When the main pool was busy, we would head up to this pool, which was almost always empty.
The hotel staff was great - our room did not have a do not disturb sign and when we requested one, we were given one right away. I recommend using it if you nap at all too as we took a couple of naps and staff came in to bring fresh towels or restock the fridge (wasn't really an issue just startled me when I woke up and someone was in our room). However, we did put up the sign when we were napping and did not get our fridge restocked a couple times because of that.
If you're not big on drinking alcohol, you may be the only ones up in the morning. You will find the resort staff cleaning the pool at this time. My husband doesn't drink at all and I only drink socially. At one point when we were ordering our sodas, the bartender asked if we were driving somewhere (was a joke).
One thing that I didn't like is that on Sandals' website, they tell you to bring cash. However, they do not tell you why - you need cash for tips. I had very few small bills and mainly had $20 bills. In the future, I would make sure to bring smaller bills for tipping.
Also, when you're in the airport, people will come up wanting to carry your luggage for you for tips (so once again, small bills for tips). You then ride in a van to the resort. The roads are hilly and curvy - if you get motion sickness - make sure you have anti-nausea medicine, mints or ginger ale around because you will need them. If you're from the U.S., they drive on the opposite side of the road. They use their horns to communicate as there are very few road signs and stop lights (it was a bit scary at times).
It was overcast for most of our trip but was still 70 degrees (F) out. It did rain one day (more like a sprinkle) and it was also sunny one day (it felt really hot when we were out on the ocean).
Overall, we had a great time at the resort and are looking forward to trying out another Sandals resort on another island (after all, we've already been to St. Lucia - let's try something new!)!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ShadowSox2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,780)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed there ground floor ocean front. By far amazing, service a little slow at times, clean and was the time of our lives. Went on joe knows tour was unbelievably the best I've ever been in. Volcano, snorkeling, mud spa!!! Must do loved every moment and the dessert at the pitons was all I needed! Will be going back!!!!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Davies0
Attleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This was a gift for my Husband's retirement and it was amazing. We have traveled throughout the Caribbean and St. Lucia is definitely our favorite destination to date. The people are so friendly and the Island is beautiful. The accommodations, staff, and entertainment at Sandals La Toc made this a most memorable vacation. The food was excellent and the service even better. Most notable were the staff of the "Cricketeer Pub", Natahlie, Abraham, Gibson, and Jeremiah, were all exceptional and had us wanting to return there nightly. Would highly recommend the "Our Toy Boat" snorkeling, volcano, mud bath, and Island tour. King Nigel did an excellent job and provided us with some excellent photos taken by him on my Iphone. Lunch was included and it was delicious, authentic St. Lucian cuisine. Really liked the Blue Marlin cooked to perfection by a very friendly staff. We did play golf 1 afternoon and were escorted around the course by, Lennon, our caddy. He was as fine a young gentleman as we have ever met! Will ask for him again when we return as we most definitely will return here. Cannot say enough good about this Sandals and their staff, definitely 5 stars plus!!!!! Thank-You Sandals La Toc for the vacation of our live's!!!!

Room Tip: Views are gorgeous, definitely want Ocean View!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank ClaudiaBliss2014
Holden, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This was our first booking to a Sandals resort. Prior to leaving for our vacation, my husband and I said,,,what if Sandals La Toc does not meet our expectations and we spent all this money for our vacation...Well,,,,,that was NOT the case. We had a lovely vacation and we could not have been any more delighted with the fantastic service from each and everyone we met who worked at the resort. They all greeted us with a smile and were always very pleasant and helpful.
We have been married for 32 years but here we felt like we were on our honeymoon, (and we had not planned this scenario). Yes, we were surrounded by a lot of younger newlyweds and couples, however that did not bother us as we felt very comfortable wherever we were. We also enjoy family vacations, however it was lovely with this vacation being surrounded by adults only.
We enjoyed this particular sandals with the view of the natural horizon while one could also see Martinique off in the distance.
The beach was extremely clean, a little rough several days so made it a little tricky to swim. However, we still made the most of the beautiful sea and had a great time in the water. We were grateful that we decided to take one of their small catamaran boats for a little ride one day as the days after this the red flag was up, so thus no boating activities allowed for safety reasons.
We thank Mervin for his warm hospitality and we would go back to Sandals Regency La Toc in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: We loved being up on the Bluff!! Enjoyed walking down to the main resort area, while enjoyed being a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank dcreedon22
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My husband and I were here on our honeymoon there and I cannot even begin to describe how unsatisfied we were. To begin with, we paid extra money for a "honeymoon hideaway" butler suite as it was portrayed that they were secluded and the big advantage was the chaise lounge chairs and plunge pool on our patio. We spent the extra money because we did not want to have to spend our honeymoon by the alarm clock to ensure we got to the pool in time to get a chair (they will only hold your chairs for you until 10am, after that they give them away and good luck to you finding one). I was so excited to just be able to roll out of bed and lay in the sun on my own patio. Except the only thing we were hidden away from was the SUN! There was a path not even 15 feet from our patio with the doors to the next row of "honeymoon hideaways" so sitting on our patio enjoying private time was absolutely not possible. Because the patio was completely shaded, I could not lay in the sun out there and definitely could not use the pool as without the sun to warm it, it was like ice. We voiced our displeasure and they moved us to another room that had maybe 2 feet of sun so I could turn my chair up against the wall and get a little sun, still couldn't use the pool we paid extra money for though. There were dead bugs all over the counter in our bathroom which I figured out a day later was due to a vent with large slats that opened directly to the outside, no screen, no window, nothing. When others would walk past our room, their conversations came through so clearly we could have joined in. I found this especially mortifying as that would mean that they could also hear what was going on in our room. This was incredibly embarrassing to me. And you would think that for a company that focuses on romantic and special vacations for couples, that they would be more cautious of things like this and provide more privacy for their guests. The nightstand, a table and even the toilet all teetered and were uneven. I almost fell off the toilet at one point because it rocked so much. The gap under our door was more than an inch big...allowing lizards, bugs, frogs, whatever to join us in our room if they wanted. The fans had two speeds - barely turning and wind tunnel. These things all seem minor, however, when you are paying $7000-$8000 for a trip, you don't expect things like this. Honestly, I would complain about things like this at a $150 a night Holiday Inn or Marriott. And the massage on the beach...DON'T DO IT!!!! This was something I looked forward to the most so you can imagine my surprise when I was brought to an elevated gazebo right in front of a beach volleyball game and 30 feet from the biggest pool at the resort. No way to enjoy the massage between the noise of the game and bad Justin Beiber karaoke not to mention the constant fear that my sheet was going to fly off and expose me to all of Sandals. Definitely not romantic or relaxing. Bottom line, NOTHING about this resort was what it appeared online. Even our excursions were unlike what they were portrayed. Then to make matters worse, when I expressed my frustration after the trip, the response was that I could have two free nights at any resort to be used in 12 months but I also had to sign a contract that I would not write anything derogatory about Sandals anywhere. With as expensive as Sandals is, it would cost far more than it is worth for those two free nights. Not to mention, they ruined our HONEYMOON, a once in a lifetime trip, something we can't get back or redo and the fact that that was only worth 2 nights to them is insulting and speaks VOLUMES to how much they obviously do not care about their customers. I even mentioned that it would be impossible for us to use the nights in 12 months because I am returning to school in the fall and between my work schedule and my school schedule, we will not be able to travel until at least December 2015 and they did not even so much as OFFER to even extend the ridiculous offer they gave which was more like spitting on our feelings. After we got home, I wondered if it was just our bad luck, so many others had enjoyed their trips and I was open to giving sandals one more try but after the way we were treated by their "manager" and our experience so clearly belittled, I will never do business with them again for the sheer fact that I want to give my money and business to people who care about it and appreciate it.

Room Tip: Don't believe anything you see online, nothing is the way it is portrayed in pictures.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Kalii_Roller
sim
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I have always wanted to have the sandals experience and we decided to go to st. Lucia first because we thought the place was amazing and second the stay in 1 and play in 3 deal soundef great. Also they have a golf course, my husband is a golf player so it all worked perfectly. It was for sure nicer than we expected. The staff is very friendly and kind, the food is great, the drinks are top line and they have a good schedule for those couples who are seeking fun. The rooms are confortable, no noise, you can rest with the sound of nature. We are very satisfied with the experience, it is a hidden paradise, highly recommended. Very romantic environment.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GMR83
Suffolk
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We chose Sandals La Toc to get married by a process of elimination. We knew we wanted to be married at a Sandlas resort but before settling on La Toc we looked at every resort in their portfolio. I am certain we made the right choice.
Having made the decision on where we were face with the decision of which room type. We finally settled on the Concierge level: our best decision of all. The head of the Concierge team is a wonderful lady called Della John. She did everything humanly possible to make our stay perfect - including being a witness at our wedding. Thank you Della - for everything. The team Della leads are all outstanding, I cannot praise them enough.
We wanted to get married on the beach but the weather was against us but I have to add my compliments to the superb wedding team, especially Najma Joseph who made me feel confident that settling for a wedding gazebo was not second best - and how right she was. It was perfect. Najma was with me every step of the way and made things so much easier on what turned out to be a very emotional experience. Having the team arrange my wedding was a wonderful experience, they think of everything. Thank you.
Once we were married we were able to settle down and enjoy our honeymoon - and oh how we enjoyed it. The ability to move around three resorts and enjoy the facilities is such a bonus. Although I think La Toc is the best of the St Lucia resorts it is seriously affected by the weather so being able to enjoy all the watersports at the Grande is a terrrific.
The food was excellent. We quickly realised what did and didn't suit us at all the resorts and selected our meals accordingly.
The staff have a terrific attitude and are all so friendly. Their attitude really contributed to our enjoyment.
A single word of warning: Sandals don't put mosquito protection in the rooms so make sure you take plug in insect repellents and sprays. Other than that my entire experience was wonderful.

Room Tip: Concierge walk out rooms are a superb choice. Close to the pool and restaurants but not close enoug...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank TamarTiger
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
Jade Mountain Resort
Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina
Cap Maison
Cap Maison
#2 of 4 in Cap Estate

Been to Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!