My husband I stayed at La Toc for our honeymoon in June 2013. We stayed in an Emerald Oceanfront room - our view was beautiful! We went snorkeling for the first time on this trip - it was amazing - even for a poor swimmer (like me!). We also went whale watching and saw sperm whales (but they were hard to see and this does cost extra). We went deep sea fishing but didn't catch anything - however, my husband and I enjoyed speaking to the fisherman who was with us (his name was Noah). We tried all of the restaurants at the resort except for the Japanese restaurant (I'm not a fan of Asian foods) - but all of the restaurants we went to were great. Neptunes was definitely my favorite.
There are 3 different pools at La Toc - one up by the most expensive suites, one close to the lobby (the main one with the swim up bar), and one by the Pitons restaurant. The pool by the Pitons restaurant was empty and at first we weren't sure if we should be there. However, a staff member came and asked if we wanted any drinks (we weren't near any of the bars) and brought us beverages. When the main pool was busy, we would head up to this pool, which was almost always empty.
The hotel staff was great - our room did not have a do not disturb sign and when we requested one, we were given one right away. I recommend using it if you nap at all too as we took a couple of naps and staff came in to bring fresh towels or restock the fridge (wasn't really an issue just startled me when I woke up and someone was in our room). However, we did put up the sign when we were napping and did not get our fridge restocked a couple times because of that.
If you're not big on drinking alcohol, you may be the only ones up in the morning. You will find the resort staff cleaning the pool at this time. My husband doesn't drink at all and I only drink socially. At one point when we were ordering our sodas, the bartender asked if we were driving somewhere (was a joke).
One thing that I didn't like is that on Sandals' website, they tell you to bring cash. However, they do not tell you why - you need cash for tips. I had very few small bills and mainly had $20 bills. In the future, I would make sure to bring smaller bills for tipping.
Also, when you're in the airport, people will come up wanting to carry your luggage for you for tips (so once again, small bills for tips). You then ride in a van to the resort. The roads are hilly and curvy - if you get motion sickness - make sure you have anti-nausea medicine, mints or ginger ale around because you will need them. If you're from the U.S., they drive on the opposite side of the road. They use their horns to communicate as there are very few road signs and stop lights (it was a bit scary at times).
It was overcast for most of our trip but was still 70 degrees (F) out. It did rain one day (more like a sprinkle) and it was also sunny one day (it felt really hot when we were out on the ocean).
Overall, we had a great time at the resort and are looking forward to trying out another Sandals resort on another island (after all, we've already been to St. Lucia - let's try something new!)!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Elevated Millionaire Suites come with 180 degree views, rotating 46" plasma TV's, a private whirlpool and infinity pool and fully opened glass walls •Airport transfers and 24 hour room service available•Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Course located directly on the resort •10 minutes from George F.L. Charles Airport (SLU), Shopping and Castries and 1 hour from the Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) •"Stay at One, Play at Three" free shuttle exchange privileges with Sandals Grande St. Lucian and Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort •Three magnificent freshwater pools, sixty-five personal plunge pools, and four whirlpools •Voted Sandals Resorts "World's Leading All-Inclusive Company" 20 years in a row •Voted Sandals Resorts "Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand", 18 years in a row •Voted Saint Lucia's Leading Spa Resort •Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Destinology, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals La Toc Golf Hotel Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Regency St Lucia Hotel
- Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Castries