Sandals Regency La Toc
US$103
US$96
US$150
US$403
Casa del Vega(Castries)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$58
Villa Beach Cottages(Castries)
US$333
Bel Jou Hotel(Castries)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$180
bedfinder
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
7,725 results
All reviewsla tocbutler servicesunset bluffsandals regencyjoe knowsmain poolour honeymoonbutler suitepavilion restaurantpiton restaurantcricketers pubst luciapiano barmain buildingtwo storyprivate poolocean view
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We had a butler room above the beach and it was perfect (except those 91 steps down to get you to the beach)...but worth every step and then some! Our butlers were Ronald, Titus and Gilbert were so helpful and exceeded our expectations. They had beach chairs set up, buckets of beer at an endless supply, breakfast/lunch/dinner on the beach, dinner reservations and even making sure we were OK after our Joe Knows trip (where we had obviously had too much rum punch). Our maid, Fedora, was amazing! She was friendly, charming and had a "mom" feel about her that was very refreshing. She never failed to keep our room tidy and surprise us with little island touches every day. The staff in general were wonderful. This was the closest to paradise you can get on earth...the island is beautiful, the resorts are clean and very well maintained and the people are some of the kindest I've ever met. Food was exceptional everywhere we went, but our favorite night was dinner on the beach...romantic and secluded. Don't miss the tours while you are there...Joe Knows is the most fun you can have with your clothes on while teaching you about this island! A definite highlight of our trip was a couple massage at Red Lane Spa...it was relaxing and very romantic! We added a couples bath with fruit and champagne...well worth the add on! It was an expensive vacation, but worth every penny! I would definitely visit again!

Room Tip: Perfect for watching the sunrise and viewing the beach below. A good overview of the resort from our room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TammiCopsey
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed for a week in July. all staff were friendly and helpful, especially Gilbertha at Red Lane Spa, Marquis at Armando's, Dara, and Dayne. Grounds are immaculate, food great, room was very clean. Highly recommend.

3  Thank 345mike_57
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I really enjoyed being at Sandals La Toc. As soon as we arrived John the manager greeted us at the front door with drinks. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the customer service was really great. One of my favorite two dinners was the steak night in the pavilion and the restaurant the Pitons. The food was really good. There was also entertainment every night and always something to do. This is really a very fun and upbeat resort for newlyweds and couples that want to have fun and party. I actually prefer this resort over Sandals Grande and Sandles Haylcon. One memory that stood out to my husband and I was during the checkout I was very stressed out because we were running so late and wanted to do some last minute shopping in the gift shop before we left. The worker that was at the front desk could sense that I was upset so he found me in the gift shop and let me know that he arranged for a private taxi (bmw) to pick me up so I can ride to the airport in style instead of on the shuttle. My husband and I were so delighted that they made the special effort to accommodate us. They even made sure we had one last rum punch before we left. The last special thing that this resort did for me was send my lost sunglasses to me through fed ex. Sandals La Toc went above and beyond and made my honeymoon the best experience ever. If you are looking for a place that is fun not boring with good drinks, good food, and entertainment for your honeymoon or vacation this is a place I would highly recommend.

3  Thank Shawnita M
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This resort is the most exclusive all-inclusive resort I have ever been to. My husband and I split our honeymoon between here and another resort on the island. It took us a few dats to get adjusted to this resort. We booked a Piton Oceanview with private sun deck and were very disappointed with our room. It was ver hot when we first came into the room and we found it was only air conditioned by a wall unit. We decided to go to lunch to see if the room cooled down. It did not. The bathroom and shower were tiny and even hotter than the rest of the room because they were closed off by a door. Once I saw the dirty fingerprints and smudges on the walls and even the lampshades, I decided enough was enough and my husband went to inquire about an upgrade. We were showed two rooms at Sunset Bluff and given the option to upgrade for an additional $350 per night. I did not feel that was a reasonable price for the rooms and told them I needed to think about it. Good thing I did because later I looked up the price difference between the two rooms which was not even close to $350 more. Someone later called our room and offered to upgrade us to the room minus the butler and club level amenities. We were told someone would be coming immediately to pick up our luggage. It took over 40 minutes and a call to reception until the transfer finally occurred.

Once we moved we were happier, but still disappointed with our overall honeymoon experience. We had to transfer our "honeymoon welcome" bottle of champagne to our new room and had to ask several times for a card to order our complimentary honeymoon room service breakfast. Our honeymoon turn down which was supposed to include, as they advertise online, rose petals was simply three bath towels that spelled "I <3 U".

I reached out to our travel agent our second day there after we couldn't get any dinner reservations for the restaurant we wanted, no less at a reasonable dinner hour and she said someone should be reaching out to us. We didn't hear from anyone for another day after that. The director of guest services, Victor, apologized for not helping us sooner. Apparently when we switched rooms, someone should have notified him of our complaints on day one. Victor did try to make things right after that and he was always there when we called to address any of our other issues.

I would still say if you want to enjoy and have the honeymoon of your dreams, you need to get the butler service. We missed out on a lot and really felt like 2nd class citizens because we didn't have one. We would go into the lounge by our room and ask for waters, and get the response that they'd tell our butler to get us some. There must have been several times each day when people would mention a butler to us, which was so frustrating.

We did visit the Halcyon which was much more intimate and felt more like a honeymoon spot. Some of the guests there even told us about the activities and special dinner the Halcyon arranged for their honeymooners. Another bright spot of the trip was the Cricketers Pub. We loved the staff especially Gibson, Abraham, and even the chefs Deion and Nicholas. Nicholas even saw us off on our final morning. I wish the service in other portions of the resort was as personal as it was at the pub.

In the end, my husband and I agreed we probably would've been more accepting of all the hiccups if it were just a regular vacation. The fact that it was our honeymoon made it that much worse. It was totally not the experience or service we were expecting. If you're on your honeymoon and expect to be treated that way at La Toc make sure you get a room with a butler. Otherwise, you are on your own.

Room Tip: Glad we stayed in a room away from the main pool. At times, it looked like spring break with the drunks, empty drinks, and straws floating in it.
3  Thank Kristin P

The Awesome:

I recently got Married on this resort, and had 44 total family and freinds in attendance. I commend the WeddingMoons department for the unwavering excellence in customer service and support throughout the entire process. Shadena handled everything pre-wedding and ensured that our wedding day was custom designed according to our vision. Najma and the Sandals staff did a superb job in executing the wedding and reception as I had dreamed for 9 months.

I had the most unfortunate luck of arriving a day late to the Resort due to Delta overbooking our flight and risked not being able to get Married on our planned wedding date due to residency minimum requirements. The Weddingmoons team made all the necessary arrangements for us to have the wedding on our original date and coordinated all the necessary meetings and signing of lkegal documents in an expedited manner.

During our stay, we had two butlers assigned, they were very helpful throughout our stay and were available any time we needed assistance with anything.

We had the pleasure of meeting a staff member, Osborne, who was the very definition of Customer Service. He greeted myself, my husband and all our guests with the warmest smile each time we saw him, and he went out of his way several times to accomodate our requests, and even found him assisting at times we had not requested it. Shadena, Najma, the two butlers, and Osborne truly made what felt like the most dissapointing experience and trip I had taken, more enjoyable and in some cases a wonderful lasting memory.

The Sun Bluff Villa and experience:

The view is remarkable! The decor is a bit dated, but comfortable and the room is very small for the price you pay. The housekeepers do a great job of keeping the room clean and re-stocked each day. Even after we had several family members over to celebrate our upcoming nuptials, the room was put back in order as if it never happened. The Location is amazing as you are separate in the private cliff area; but have access to pools, hot tubs, restaraunts, and the Butler Lounge on the cliff and away from the rest of the reort. There are shuttles that can take you to and from the Main Lobby and rooms on cliff, they run every 5-15 minutes; however, you can request a shuttle come at anytime in the Butler Lounge or by cell phone.

*Of note: While you are supplied with unlimited amounts of alcohol in your Butler suite, you are not permitted to take the bottles out of your room or trash the empty bottles. The staff must collect the empty bottles before issuing you another. I was disturb by the fact that we were unaware of this policy and was asked several times to search the resort for a bottle of vodka that we told them we threw away. None the less, beware of this, and be careful not to ruin your vacation looking for a bottle of liquor that's included in the cost of your vacation.

Restaraunts:

Unfortunately, I was not able to partake in all there was to offer in regards to the dining experience. Much of my time was absorbed with issues with my room reservations and waiting around to get things resolved. I did hear back from family and freinds that they enjoyed their dinner reservations at Soy and the Pitons. I found myself frequenting the Cricketers Pub which offers bar fare, and a fun atmosphere. I also ate at the Pavillion and enjoy several small plates.

The Unfortunate:

I had been planning our wedding for this location since August 2013 and I booked Sunset Bluff Ocean Front Two Story One Bedroom Butler Villa Suite with pool. Upon arrival at the resort
I was places in the Sunset Bluff Honeymoon Ocean View One Bedroom Butler villa Suite with Private Pool. I immediately advised the two butlers that it was the incorrect room and that I had booked the two story villa, and that I had email proof and correspondence reflecting the correct room that I booked. In addition, we were told the Two Story Villas were completely booked and there we no additional ones available for our stay.

After speaking with the manager of the Butler Suites, Ms. Felix, and the Travel agent, it was confirmed that I had in fact requested the Sunset Bluff Ocean Front Two Story One Bedroom Butler Villa Suite with pool as I provided the email proof (per the on-site mangers request) of the room category and amount paid to the onsite manager, spent several hours each day discussing the issue and awaiting responses, and spent approximately $100 in long distance calls speaking with the travel agent. She even requested the Travel Agents personal phone number as the company was closed on the weekends.

The onsite manager told me that she was aware that there was a mistake in the reservation; however, they had to speak with the Travel Agents manager to come up with some agreement on how me and my husband would be compensated for this. She told us not to worry about anything and that she would ensure everything would be resolved first thing Monday morning.

After being told not to unpack the first couple days, on the third day in the wrong room, we were given three options: 1.) stay in a room on the mountain which provided no view of the ocean and away from everything. 2.) we could stay in a room we actually booked for one night on Monday- which was wedding day 3.) they could bump the couple coming in the next day to a lower category room so that we could spend the remainder of our stay in the room we originally requested. We declined each of these options.

The on-site manager did indicate that she checked to see if the Millionaire Suite was avaiable as it was the only other room in a category above our, however, she stated that room was booked as well. I appreciated this effort.

Option 1 offered no views, no direct access to anything, a smaller plunge pool, and the list goes on. Option 2 would be inconvient as we would not want to have to rush out of room the day after our wedding night in the event the next couple arrives and is ready to check in. Option 3 would have put someone in the same position I was in, and left to feel very hurt, under valued, and stressed with no foreseeable sight of enjoying the vacation. We ended up staying in the incorrect rom for the duration of our trip.

Monday came, WEDDING DAY... and I had not heard back from the on-site Manager. As if things had not already started off quite depressing and upsetting, my husband has two pairs of designer prescription sunglasses stolen out of our room. The cases were left behind, and unfortuantely not much was dine about this. The day we noticed them missing, I reported it to our butlers and asked that they find out all who had been in our room. We were not contacted regarding this incident so, again, we reported this issue to the butlers and requested to speak with the manager. We were unable to get in contact with the Manager, but a security guard was sent to our room to take a report. Another incident that required several hours taken from our vacation. He told us we should have reported it the same day the incident occured so they couls see who's keys accessed the room and check their holdings. I immediately alerted him to the fact that I reported it to the Butler who told me she would check on it. He said he would be in contact with us regarding the incident, to date we have not heard back from the on-site Manager regarding our stay in the incorrect room, nor the Secuirty guard regarding our stolen property.

Despite multiple attempts to contact Ms. Felix via email, she has yet to respond to any of my inquiries regarding any of the incidents and what we have discussed. After a month of no response, I left a message directly through the Sandals website in which the Hotel Manager Mr. Clark, responded to on 07/04/2014 and stated "they had no records from the Booking Distributor or the travel Agent regarding this booking", which baffles me as I spent quite a bit of time going back and for with the Travel agent and Ms. Felix which should have been documented, and I emailed the proof to Ms. Felix per her request on 05/24/2014, who confirmed she received it and confirmed that I was correct that I requested the Two Story. I reponded to this email with my concerns shortly thereafter, and to date, I have not recieved a follow up response from Ms. Felix or Mr. Clark.

Though I was completely crushed, I did my very best to remain calm, and patient whenever speaking with the Manager or Butlers regarding this situation. It was unclear whether the resort was at fault or if the travel agent was resposible for the mistake in my incorrect reservation, however, after all the emails and phone calls with the both of them, the issue was not resolved. I trusted Ms. Felix when she told me not to worry, and that she would "handle everything from here" even if that meant compensating us and having the travel agent pay them back later. This never happened. The whole experience outside of the Wedding and Osborne has left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple