“A magnificent experience for the honeymoon we never had!”

Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Castries
Greenville, South Carolina
“A magnificent experience for the honeymoon we never had!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon (five years later since we never got to take one when we first married) and we loved it! Aside from the windy trip there (which Sandals has no control over) and one minor issue (which I will mention in a minute), everything was amazing! I would recommend a private car to and from the hotel if you are prone to motion sickness like me so you can request that the driver go slowly. We did this and it made a huge difference! The other minor detail is our package included a couple massage but did not know until we got there we still had to pay a service fee which was $41 USD. So just be prepared if your package includes a spa service that you still have to pay service fees if you want to partake. With the exception of that, it was marvelous -- the beach is clean and the water clear and gorgeous. Pictures I took looked like postcards the water was so blue. The service is unbelieveable - from our Butlers to those who worked in the shops and remembered our names to the photography crew to the housekeeping staff, and on and on, everyone was super kind and helpful. It is totally worth it to get a butler - even if you don't think you will use them - they make the trip so much more luxurious and fun! We had Titus and Laban and they were exceptional. They work in the honeymoon hideaway suites that have a private pool (also worth it!) up the hill with a garden view. We did not get an ocean view but with our privacy with the private pool and such easy access to the ocean and other great landscape views, we hardly missed it. We visited the Grande while we there, taking advantage of the stay at one and play at all three resorts, and while it was nice, I much prefer La Toc. My husband was hesitant because we don't golf but you don't even really see the golf grounds much and as I mentioned the landscape with the greenery/gardens, how the resort is more spread out for more privacy yet giving you ample opportunity to go where the party is if you're in the mood, along with the great restaurants, and the super staff (which were much more friendly at La Toc than at Grande), La Toc is easily the number 1 Sandals at Saint Lucia, if not in the Carribean. A shout out to all the great staff - Sue who takes awesome pictures and has a wonderful smile, Beverly who is so genuine and someone you just want to hang out with, Jeanine who works in the shop and makes you feel like a rock star and always remembers your name, the great bartenders at the Pool Bar, Gibson who made our first night eating at the Pub so pleasant and was so helpful, and of course, our man Titus (we miss you already!) and Laban (such a great guy!) -- can't you see why you need to go? How many places do you go on vacation and you run into such wonderful people? It just makes your stay that much nicer and you that much happier. As they say in Saint Lucia -- no pressure, no problem! Please do not miss out in this fantastic resort!

Room Tip: Honeymoon hideaway rooms with butler and pool are excellent but only have a garden view - you may ne...
3 Thank Allison P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,753)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This was our first time @ Sandals La Toc in St. Lucia to cater to a LONG awaited vacation. We decided to do some things differently to make the experience more memorable. Landing at the International airport, the check-in process for immigration was painless and pretty quick. We opted to take a helicopter from the main airport over to a smaller airport, pretty much in downtown Castries, and get private car service from there over to the resort. During the flight, it was then that I learned that the island only had 1 main highway which pretty much snaked throughout the island, and that ground transportation to the resort would take just over an hour by car. Roads were a lot to be desired, and having flew from Baltimore, didn't want to be crammed into the resort's minibus along with the other passengers who were arriving that day. Helicopter ride, our first, was wonderful and offered us an unlimited view of the island. This and the fact that the helicopter company would deliver our bags, by ground transport, to the resort was a plus. Be prepared to be hassled with over zealous people who just grab your bags and hold out their hand for a tip, for a 30' transition from baggage claim over to bus/ taxi area. Given the difference in transport modes, for an extra charge, the helicopter ride was the way to go. We were pretty much on the ground, across the island, and at La Toc within an hour after we landed, enjoyed the beach.
Check In process at Sandals was without problem, and some of the extra amenities that were requested ahead of time, were catered to without question. We were given room 405 in the main building(ocean view with a balcony, though we wished it was a bit closer and on the beach,,,beautiful room/view nonetheless), and my major complaint with this room was it was noticeably hot. The resort, understandably, does not have central air and rely on portable, wall mounted A/C units which, in my opinion are insufficient to properly cool the room. Several phone calls to maintenance were placed during the trip to little/no resolve, however with the use of ceiling mounted fan, the temp was not intolerable, just not desired. The resort itself was clean, beautiful, and just about everyone we encountered was friendly/helpful.

RESTAURANTS
The main dining area of La Toc was beautiful, couple of complaints though. Food was abundant and available, however even though placed in warmers, in most cases still was only lukewarm at best. Omelette station, serving on the spot made omelets, was on point. Also, the drinks were not cold at all, unless you had one brought to you from the bar. Ice for the patrons was not readily available/accessible. Also this area, being open to the beach, draws a number of birds who fly in to try to retrieve any scraps of food available. Though they were not bothersome by trying to attack you at your table, they did seem to know where the empty tables were and only focused on those. Didn't mind them much.

RESTAURANT LA TOC

WHERE, OH WHERE DO I START HERE!!!!! Of ALL the places that we partook of during the trip, this place was the ABSOLUTE WORSE!! Waited more than 45 minutes for an APPETIZER, main dish was minuscule and disappointing, and with the POOR service, we chose not to stay for dessert.

Armando's
This was our fall back place to get a meal that pretty much filled you, and was very good, hands down. Recommend and love this place.

Overall, the stay was enjoyable, despite some minor complaints, and I would come back again. Would like to see Sandals expand their water amenities a little more to offer wave runners. We managed to find some from some of the local vendors who rented them nearby, but is not offered by Sandals.
Beach service was on the slow side, however we did have one server who was out of this world extraordinary. Gentleman's name is George, goes by the name "Georgie Porgie" and this guy pretty much made it his mission to make sure that not only did he find us, no matter where we were in the main pool/beach/dining area, but also catered to us and made us feel more than welcomed. If you come across him serving you,trust that you will be WELL taken care of. Beaches were clean, water was clear, food was ok. Sandals should probably serve/offer more of the local cuisine at the resort. When leaving, opt for the private car service to avoid the cramped minibus ride back to the airport. Long ride, but well worth it for the space. Was a little disappointed at the room vs. cost, but first time; lesson learned.

Taxi to Castries, which is less than 10 minutes away, was a little pricey: $20 one way. Since it is so close, Sandals should consider offering free shuttle service to Castries and back a few times a day. Wouldn't be out of the way,considering the shuttle passes thru here multiple times a day on the way to/from the other Sandals resorts.

Room Tip: With more than one Sandals resort on the island, for the budget minded, opt for the cheaper resort...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Anthony D
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My wife and I have just returned from this resort and all I can say is wow, from the room down to the staff every thing was fantastic, yes we had a couple of minor problems but Victor and his staff were amazing and edit with everything in such a professional manor that you would expect if not better.
The food was out of this world my only complaint was that we didn't get to try all the restaurants but that's our fault not the hotels. We made a few friends which is always good on holiday and this only made ours better, our nights in the Piano bar and in the cricketers bar was made even more fantastic and memorable.
From the moment you arrive you are with out a doubt in paradise.

I am already looking forward to my next trip.

Thank you so much for making my trip a memorable one guys.

Room Tip: Yes you can pay the extra money to have a butler suite but I would rather spend an extra few nights...
4 Thank Aaronwells
Alabama, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My husband and I just returned from celebrating our 1 year anniversary at La Toc. We loved every minute of it (I'm still suffering from post vacation depression a week later!). I have already written a blog post reviewing our trip, so here is a link to the blog post. I hope you will check it out. There are some pictures and I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you have!

Room Tip: Bluff rooms would be where we'd stay next time we go. Or the blue rooms.
2 Thank Kristy L
Danville, California
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My husband and I just went to Sandals La Toc In St. Lucia to celebrate our honeymoon. It was PERFECT!! We had Gilbert and Tony as our butlers. They made the trip! They were so thoughtful and surpassed us throughout the stay with certain foods we liked or drinks. The staff was so friendly! The La Toc restaurant was SO amazing! The service however, was not so good. It took over 2 hours to complete our meal and the server was pretty rude. However, that was the only negative. So, The positives definitely outweigh the one negative. We did a couples massage and it was so relaxing! The island is beautiful! We hiked the Piton through the hotel and it was a once in a lifetime thing. It was so amazing and beautiful! For sure a place you Have to visit! If you get butler service, which I highly recommend to do, you are so lucky if you get Gilbert and Tony! There was also so much to do at night and the array of food was great! Just an overall great place to visit!

Room Tip: Get one with a butler!
4 Thank schem2
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My husband and I decided on Sandal La Toc for our honeymoon in June. This was our first Sandals vacation, and it surpassed all expectations. Nanda from Beach Bum Vacation helped make our Honeymoon flawless! We stayed in the Piton Oceanview Two Story Butler Veranda Suite. Butler Tony, Williams, and Jason were fantastic. Anything you could possibly want was a phone call away, including: champagne on the beach, reserved chairs at the pool or beach, breakfast delivered to your outdoor patio, another bottle of champagne on the beach, a pot of coffee and a few shots of Bailey's while sitting on the remote look out after dinner, and numerous other things. The resort was absolutely amazing including the culture of staff, the food, the views from our room and the atmosphere of the rest of the resorters. I highly recommend enjoying some sushi on the patio with the breeze in your face. Our only complaint would be that the waves on the beach are a bit rough. Not too rough that you can't go swimming, but not as nice as the La Grande Sandals down the street. Highly recommend visiting the beach at Grande and enjoying the watersports. It appeared, that La Toc had much LESS of a “resort” feel. Highlights of the trip include the Friday Street Party, Joe’s Knows, helicopter ride to the resort and first class service from the Butler service! We can’t wait to go back to visit the island of St. Lucia and another Sandals Resort soon.

Room Tip: Butler service. Better rooms and views, private check in/check out.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
14 Thank Ashley M
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband and I recently returned from our honeymoon at the sandals resort La Toc in St. Lucia. We knew we wanted to go to a sandals resort for our honeymoon, so we met with a travel agent and she suggested La Toc. She explained to us that it was her favorite one from the many resorts she's been to. I'm very glad we decided to go this route!

Our trip was from July 14-20. Our flights were on time and very easy which we were happy about. Once we landed in St. Lucia, we were taken to the Sandals room where we were greeted with rum punch! We then waited about 10 minutes for the shuttles to come and off we were to our resort. The shuttle ride was about an hour long with very narrow and windy roads. I suggest taking something if you get car sick.

Once we got to La Toc we were given cool lavender scented towels to freshen up with. My husband and I had a club level room so we were then taken into the concierge room to be checked in. The staff working in concierge are absolutely wonderful! We were given a planner for the days that we were there so if we decided to book something such as a spa day, we could write it in there. They had already booked us reservations at La Toc, and Kimono's. I was very happy that they had already done this for us because those are the two restaurants that I knew we wanted to try and it was nice that they had gone and made the reservations for us so we wouldn't have to! :) We also attended the club happy hour the next day which was really fun and a great way to meet all the staff in the club. We even won some prizes!

Our room was a club level oceanfront room. One of my favorite parts about the room was that as soon as you opened the door, you immediately felt the cool air. It was very nice and relaxing with it being so humid outside. We had a king size bed which we both slept wonderfully on, and a mini fridge stocked with water,piton beer, wine, champagne, soda, and juice. We also had 4 full liquor bottles on the shelf to use if we wanted to.

As soon as we checked in our room we were starving so we headed to Bella Napoli for a late lunch. The pizza's were delicious! Perfect portions too! Of course we also ordered a couple rum punches to go with them. After lunch, we decided to explore. We went on the beach and lounged around and went swimming in the ocean. The water was warm and felt great. Swimming then made us hungry again so we cleaned up and headed to dinner at Soy. This restaurant was definitely our favorite! We went a total of 4 times in the amount of time we were at La Toc. The sushi is fresh, the drinks are wonderful, and if you get there right at 6, definitely sit at the bar. The view is absolutely amazing!! We also ate at La Toc, Kimonos, Neptunes,The Pitons, and the Pavillion. We stopped by the pub one night for a late night snack. I can honestly say that everywhere we went the food was fantastic!

If you're looking for a tour to do, I highly recommend the Joe Knows Tour!! We did it the Friday we were there, and had a blast. You take a 10 minutes shuttle to the dock where you get on the boats with your tour guide. Ours was Lion and he was hilarious! Definitely made the trip entertaining! Once you're on the boat, you ride down to snorkel (while also drinking some rum punch I might add). The location where we snorkled was beautiful. We even saw a baby sea turtle! Next, you drive to the volcano where you take a mud bath. This was amazing and felt soooo good! After that, you head on down to a waterfall to take a "power shower" as Lion had said! And lastly, you have an authentic creole lunch in town. It was very good!

Throughout our trip, we also did a couples massage which was about 45 minutes, rented a cabana for a half day, and did the candlelight beach dinner, kayaked, and snorkled again through the concierge. There's always something to do whether it's relaxing on the beach, hanging out in the pool with the swim up bar, or doing water activities. Not to forget that at night time you can never be bored! It's such a fun experience being there. I cannot explain enough how much fun we had and how memorable this trip was. The staff, and everyone there helped make our honeymoon and trip of a lifetime! My husband and I are already wanting to plan a trip back there as soon as we can!

Thank you La Toc for treating us so well and making our honeymoon perfect!! :)

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Hayley G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
Jade Mountain Resort
Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina
Cap Maison
Cap Maison
#2 of 4 in Cap Estate

Been to Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!