“Great Honeymoon - travel agent got us though”

Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Castries
Marylander
“Great Honeymoon - travel agent got us though”
Reviewed 28 July 2009

We went to St. Lucia and stayed at the Regency and loved it. We were on our honeymoon and had a condo/suite on the cliff/ridge part. The room was more than spacious and we had a plunge pool. The butlers were phenomenal and worth every cent; however, after talking to some of the other guests we found out we totally got played by our travel agent. I would recommend the butler service but don't get the plunge pool. The pool was at least 10 degrees colder than the regular pools. We got in it one day because we walked up the hill to our room and were sweating like pigs. We usually used the group pools and met some great people. I would get the rooms with the walk in shower (other guests did and told us about them). They also had flat screen tvs - their rooms had recently been renovated. The staff was super friendly and we had a private car from the airport. Our butlers arranged all of our reservations for us, including any excursions and scuba diving.
We did go to the other Sandals resorts and found that the Halycon was in need of some major upgrades but the Grande was awesome and we kind of wished we would have stayed at that resort but live and learn. Overall, we had a great experience.
We also got couples massages which were fantastic and went to the bar several nights. We didn't do a lot of the activities at the resort. We even planned to play golf but it was so humid, I didn't think I could take it.

• Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
3 Thank salsrug

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,804)
Dudley, West Midlands
Reviewed 25 July 2009

I have just – today 25th July– returned from The Sandals Regency and even before getting over the jet lag I felt I must write this review “Hot off the Press!”

There have been many dubious reviews about this resort over the last year and this gave us some concerns prior to our departure. It appears, however, that the total management team have been changed since these reviews were posted and I must say that this holiday was an awesome success.

Carl Beviere is the new Hotel Manager and he and his fellow Managers, Chris and Vinod seem to have waved a magic wand to make this resort a truly excellent place to spend a holiday.

The resort is not new; however, it has charm and a real ambiance- unlike many new hotels where everyone stays in little boxes. We stayed in a Honeymoon deluxe beachfront room with an amazing view of the ocean. The Room was clean and our maid – Jane- ensured that the it was not only in tip top shape but made up our bed with kissing swans and a heart shape from towels and even scattered petals on the bed as she found out that we had been married for 40 years and were retaking our vows whilst here –a really nice touch.

Staff were always genuinely friendly and enquiring how the days were going but several really do need a special mention for service above and beyond. Gregory in The Arizona was always full of the joys of spring and brightened up our days. Marquise in The Pavilion Restaurant was welcoming and a lot of fun, whilst very efficient, Kirton (the Egg Man) in the Pavilion made great omelettes, pancakes and his easy over eggs were perfection.

As Far as restaurants are concerned they were all of the highest calibre. We particularly liked Armando’s where the Manager Gus gave tip top service and fabulous Italian Food and Kimonos was great fun and high quality, as was La Toc. If anyone is not satisfied by this array of restaurants they must be very hard to please for after two weeks we were still looking forward to the variety of high quality food.

Like most vacations there is always something that doesn’t go exactly to plan and Sandals proved that they were ‘only human’ when it transpired that a marketing photo shoot for all Sandals Resorts in St Lucia had been arranged for Sunday and Monday of this last week. This led to a letter being circulated by the management asking that the pool area and the beach be kept free (out of bounds) for the majority of these two days. You can imagine the consternation of guests to this request. However, the true calibre of the management team came through as they organised complimentary excursions for guests. Needless to say the weather conspired against them and the photo shoot was cancelled. However, this proved to me that should any guest have a problem the team at Sandals would be happy to go the extra mile to ensure satisfaction.

I would also like to say that the wedding organisers at Sandals Regency do a wonderful job. Michelle, Anna- Faye you are amazing people thank you for all your help when organising our renewal of vows. I also saw how happy the many newlyweds were during the two weeks with your friendly and very efficient organising abilities ensuring a fabulous day for them all.

In conclusion I would highly recommend Sandals Regency to anyone who is thinking of a romantic getaway in St Lucia. With its new management this resort will continue to be one of the best.

6 Thank g0lfmaster
Northern California
Reviewed 23 July 2009

My husband & I stayed at the Sandals Regency La Toc for our honeymoon (6/22-7/02). It was the best!! It was the 1st time to the Caribbean for the both of us and we were NOT disappointed! The Regency resort is beautiful! We had the luxury beach front room, which we thought was perfect, we we're on the 1st floor, so our patio door was 30ft from the beach, right between the Arizona restaurant & the pool. Everyone at the resort was friendly and great, we made many friends at the resort.
There was 7 restaurants at our resort, 2 required reservations & evening attire, which means men have to be wearing long pants, shoes (no sandals/flip flops) & a button up shirt. Woman can pretty much wear whatever (minus the bathing suit). We didn't pack the proper attire so we ate at all the other resturants, which I thought were great. The Pavillion had wounder New York Strip Steak & mashed potatoes....yummmy!!
When you go, don't forget to check out The Cricketer's Pub!! The guys that work there are awesome and don't forget to bring a camera, one of the funnest places at the resort to have a drink if the party isn't going at the piano bar. Arizona's is always good for snacks, they have the best pizza!! I don't usually like pizza, but I had it for 5 days :)
Majority of the resort is on beach level, but there are also the bluffs, up on a cliff, where there is more rooms - the millionaire suites and Armando's resturant. Also up there is the sunset pool & bar, where you can hang out and catch the sunset as well. Up at the bluffs it is a lot more quite and low key, if that is what you are looking for, where is down at the main pool and by the beach if more of the party atmosphere.
What's cool about this island, St.Lucia is Sandals has 3 other resort, so you stay at one and play at all 3! We checked out the Grande resort.....we were NOT impressed at all!! Don't even waste your time here!! an hour of being there we just wanted to go back to the Regency!! I even talked to friend when we got back that had stayed at the Grande a month before and they said they weren't impressed either.
The Halcyon was good, only because it was somewhat close to downtown, so people would take the shuttle there and walk into town.
And if your looking for a couples massage, I highly recommend the "Scrub-a-dub-dub 2 in a tub"

My advise...Go to St.Lucia...stay at the Regency La Toc!!!
I'm trying to go bask ASAP!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Browns_Wifey
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 July 2009

My husband and I went to celebrate out 5th aniversery and were utterly shocked when we woke up the first morning covered in bites we then inspected the mattress and found tiny little reddish brown bugs. We informed the manager and were moved to a different room. The rest of the week was fabulous, great food and entertainment. I would reccomend that anyone that stays here check your mttress upon check in.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
5 Thank lov2travelcaribean
CT
Reviewed 22 July 2009

My husband and I got married on July 4th, 2009. We both had never been away together nor been to an island. We absolutely did not know what to expect. When we arrived at Saint Lucia we soaked up the beautiful island and culture. St. Lucian's are one of the most hard working people I have ever met. Everyone was so accepting and welcoming. The Regency was beautiful and service was top notch. All of the Sandals employees had smiles on their faces and seemed to enjoy life and enjoy talking with us. We met some wonderful people who worked at Sandals and who were also vacationing. We couldn't believe how awesome the food was and how clean and well kept the resort was. "No pressure, no problem" was the best theme ever for our vacation. Everyone on the island would use the saying, "No pressure, no problem." We took this saying back to CT haha. That saying is exactly how Sandals felt. No pressure, just beauty and relaxation. Everything we did and everyone we met was amazing. We even didn't have our luggage for 24 hours and we didn't even think twice about it. We would love to go back and are trying to have our 1 year anniversary back there and bring some of our friends! Simply beautiful. St. Lucians know how to live life to the fullest and we felt that. The trip was romantic and so much fun. We would recommend this to any couple. In fact, we already told our whole Italian and African American family, so watch out! HAHA!!

Houston
Reviewed 20 July 2009

I had read many reviews prior to trip and had a few concerns from info posted. I must say, my trip was incredible from beginning to end. We stayed for 10 days in the Romeo and Juliette Suites. Samantha and Garvey were our butlers and boy are they on top of their game. They took care of our every wish and then some. There was nothing that we requested, that they couldn't do. They ensured that we had all dining reservations we wanted, dive and snorkeling adventures, zip lining, catamaran tours, food in our room after all adventures, and even chairs with umbrellas by the pool reserved for us everyday.
The dining was incredible also. Many people have complained or mentioned that it was average, but I am 39 and the food was as good as I have ever had. The pavilion dining is so so at best. The employees seem a bit disgruntled, but only in the pavilion area. We had reservations at Kimono's for two nights, but we only went once as I was a bit disappointed with the food and service. We ate at Gordon's at the Grande two times and was a wonderful experience both times. We also ate at La Toc on two occations which were very satisfying as well. Now this is where the dining experience gets GREAT!!! Armondo's had many bad reviews but it was right next to our suites so we ate dinner there on our first night. Fabulous at a minimum. We were greeted upon arrival and treated like royalty throughout the evening. We had breakfast there every morning, well, I did, my wife had hers delivered to our room every morning, but it was from Armondo's and was delicious. I had lunch there once and was good, but I rarely ate lunch. We had dinner there four times, and every meal was absolutely incredible. On my final night at the resort, I wanted to eat one more time at Armondo's. The do not require reservations like the other five star restaurants but I needed room for eight people so I spoke with the manager, Gus, and like every other request throughout our stay, "No pressure" was the response. The evening was by far one of the best dining experiences in my life. We were greeted and seated immediately. Our drink orders were taken as well as our food. The staff was there for our every need. Gus even sang to us at one time. After the food arrived, everyone in the group was stunned at the spectacular presentation and flavor of their food. When we had finished all of our food, Gus wheeled over a bar and offered more drinks for everyone table-side. This restaurant is by far the finest food at all of the Sandals in St. Lucia in my opinion, an 11 out of 10 if possible.
The diving was very nice as was the snorkeling. I would also recommend the Catamaran trip to the Pitons and the zip line trip. By the way, I did book another trip prior to leaving but this time for the whole family, including our two children to the Beaches resort in Provo.

2 Thank Helodude
North Carolina
Reviewed 19 July 2009

Our first time to a Sandals was incredible. All of the staff did an amazing job of making sure we had everything we needed for a great vacation. We visited the Cricketer's Pub a few times and had great conversation and service from Josiah. The La Toc restaurant was ok, but we really enjoyed the food at Armando's. We had the lowest category of room, but it was still the best accommodations we've stayed in at any Caribbean island. We didn't really dislike anything, but transportation to and from the airport is about an hour and a half. The Regency La Toc is definitely the best of the 3 Sandals resorts on St. Lucia.

2 Thank caribtravels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
Jade Mountain Resort
Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina
Cap Maison
Cap Maison
#2 of 4 in Cap Estate

Been to Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!