We had read a lot of reviews before going to the Regency so we were a little nervous but definitely pleasantly surprised when we got there. I think that there is a large difference though between the service you receive with a regular room and with a honeymoon suite or a room with butler service. So, in essence you get what you pay for. Also, this is an island and there are bugs and animals so you will see them and sometimes in your room. If that bothers you, don't go to the Caribbean!
We upgraded to a 2 story oceanview villa with butler service the week before our trip and we are so glad we did! Clovis and Ferna were our butlers and they were really great! We had a fully stocked bar and champagne and snacks (cheese and crackers, cookies, dessert) whenever we wanted. The butler suites can also order room service 24 hours a day and we also got a private car transfer to and from the airport. The butlers made dinner reservations for us so we were able to get into the restaurants we wanted. They also reserved seats by the pool for us every day. However, when we went to the main pools the seats weren't even filled up by 10am. I think it depends on the time of year that you go.
The restaurants were good. La Toc was our favorite and Kimono's was really fun too. The Pavilion also had great buffet breakfasts and lunches and there were beach parties and a street party with a variety of local cuisine. We liked that all of the vegetables and fruit was really fresh. We saw reviews about people getting sick but we ate everything and were fine. Armando's was good for dinner but just ok for breakfast and lunch. Also, the drinks are awesome. We had a lot of champagne while we were there and the Dirty Banana drinks were great!
Also, we did the Joe Know's tour (sea trip) and had a great time! You can book it through the resort.
All in all, we had a really wonderful, romantic trip. This is definitely a great resort for couples who want to just get away and relax and that is exactly what we did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Elevated Millionaire Suites come with 180 degree views, rotating 46" plasma TV's, a private whirlpool and infinity pool and fully opened glass walls •Airport transfers and 24 hour room service available•Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Course located directly on the resort •10 minutes from George F.L. Charles Airport (SLU), Shopping and Castries and 1 hour from the Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) •"Stay at One, Play at Three" free shuttle exchange privileges with Sandals Grande St. Lucian and Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort •Three magnificent freshwater pools, sixty-five personal plunge pools, and four whirlpools •Voted Sandals Resorts "World's Leading All-Inclusive Company" 20 years in a row •Voted Sandals Resorts "Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand", 18 years in a row •Voted Saint Lucia's Leading Spa Resort •Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals La Toc Golf Hotel Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Regency St Lucia Hotel
- Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Castries