I had read alot of negative reviews abouth this resort before I arrived and was leary. This was our fourth stay at a Sandals Resort so we knew what to expect. Sandals is an above average couples all inclusive relaxing romantic caribbean resort...Caribbean is the operative word.. It is not nor does Sandals advertise it is an elegant Ritz Carlton... I do not know what people expect from a caribbean vacation...Booked a butler suite room and were upgraded to a room with a spectacular view and private plunge pool(pool was no big deal, kind of dangerous as it is 4'6" deep and not very big..)
Like I said the view from this room was absolutely incredible.. St Lucia is a beautiful island. Stayed at the Grande a few years ago, which is also wonderful but the regency la toc is more scenic ,private and romantic than the Grande.
The Butler Pool is located on the Bluff and is a smaller pool with water falls and a swim up bar just perfect if you are looking for quiet relaxation, which is what we enjoyed.. If you want to party and like activity the main pool is where you would like to spend your days...
Butler service was wonderful to have...as our butler reserved poolside lounges daily and would serve you all day if you desired... they also made all dining reservations and booked tours... They took care of everything you wanted them to... Also surprised us many evenings with towel art , chocolate deserts, cheese, champnage, bubble baths, candles,.. you get the idea... Butler service is worth the extra $$ etc. (make sure you use their service as much as you can..)
Food was good but not spectacular except for LaToc and Gordon's at the Grande was superb...worth the trip...(this is included if you book Butler category)..Wish I had eaten there earlier in my vacation as I would have eaten there three more times...
They have a buffet for breakfast at the pavilion and Armando's offers an ala carte menu. As we are not fond of buffets, we ate at Armando's daily or ordered room service for breakfast and ate on the balcony... I do not think buffets should be offered when you are paying the amount of $$ you pay to stay at a Sandals...We ate lunch at Neptunes and also Armando's... We also visited Armando's in the evening for cappucino and dessert..
Comfortable, quiet, romantic and has a great view as it is located on the bluff...
Sandals has a welcome back dinner for return guests.... We arrived for the dinner
late as we had just arrived to the resort a few hours earlier.. They served us immediatley and our meal was hot and excellent.
The employees do need to smile more often.. They seem to be unhappy with their jobs.....
The beach was small but beautiful... great waves...
All in all it was a wonderfuly relaxing vacation, and I would return...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Elevated Millionaire Suites come with 180 degree views, rotating 46" plasma TV's, a private whirlpool and infinity pool and fully opened glass walls •Airport transfers and 24 hour room service available•Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Course located directly on the resort •10 minutes from George F.L. Charles Airport (SLU), Shopping and Castries and 1 hour from the Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) •"Stay at One, Play at Three" free shuttle exchange privileges with Sandals Grande St. Lucian and Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort •Three magnificent freshwater pools, sixty-five personal plunge pools, and four whirlpools •Voted Sandals Resorts "World's Leading All-Inclusive Company" 20 years in a row •Voted Sandals Resorts "Caribbean's Leading Hotel Brand", 18 years in a row •Voted Saint Lucia's Leading Spa Resort •Five Star Diamond Award - American Academy of Hospitality Sciences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals La Toc Golf Hotel Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Regency St Lucia Hotel
- Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Castries