“apartment espoir, truly a home from home.”
Review of Apartment Espoir

Apartment Espoir
Ranked #1 of 16 Castries B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“apartment espoir, truly a home from home.”
Reviewed 14 November 2010

when i first spoke to the owner, keith, he was so accomodating and helpful,and at any time during our stay he or his wife were always around or available by phone for whatever help or advise we needed. we dont travel much, so it was a great comfort to know they were around if we had a problem so far from home. the apartment was great and the view from the balcony was fantastic. if ever i am lucky enough to go to st lucia again this is where i will stay

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brando2
c130Engineer, Owner at Apartment Espoir, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your time spent with It was great to read that you would choose to return and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to our island of St Lucia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Trincity, Trinidad
Reviewed 21 October 2010

We have been coming to Apartment Espoir for a few years now, ever since finding it (where else) on TripAdvisor. The place is quiet and beautiful, just what we come for. Over time Keith and Sabine have become real friends but right from the very first minute I've always felt genuinely welcome. Keith has worked very hard and created a little corner of paradise by bringing seeds and shoots of plants from the forests and nurturing them around the hotel. Most of the people we've met here have been repeat visitors too!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank weetikveel
Thank you once again for posting your review following your second visit , very much appreciated
Naples, Italy
Reviewed 14 October 2010

It's a great place, close to beaches, about half mile from the bus route, studio apartment has everything, kitchen, tv, cable and internet, aircon, fan and the owners are most accomodating and friendly.

However:
Internet wifi connection was patchy, kept throwing me off and that was important to me.
Bedding was clean but had signs of mold from the past. Also I'm not sure it was cotton and this was a shame as it tends to keep you cooler. Fan on,problem solved.

If you think there are two top class resorts nearby this really is the perfect option for the more budget minded, without sacrificing quality.

Did I mention the pool? And the grounds?

Keith and Sabine, you have a lovely place!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed your time spent with us at Apartment Espoir We appreciate guests feedback as it assists us in identifying guests' needs and areas to improve on to provide maximum guest satisfaction.
Frankfurt
Reviewed 14 October 2010

It was my dream to come back to St. Lucia & Apartment Espoir after I had such an incredible time in 2009 over there. It took me more than 1 year to fulfil this dream and I am more than happy about coming back to this lovely island and place. The upper 1 Bedroom was my choice this time and I was not disappointed. The spectacular view all around from the balcony, all the different colours of green, the nice breeze, the quiet location,...what can I say! Just amazing!!! Keith & Sabine were friendly as usual and I felt welcomed from the beginning of my holidays. I stayed 14 days and got lots of sun, fun, & beach. I enjoyed my happy hours at the Windjammer Hotel and the beach by the Eastwinds Hotel. Sometimes it was just me over there. I am a diver but this time I choose to snorkel only. The beach 3 minutes away is good and attractive to snorkel. But days later I went to Le Sport where you even have a bigger reef to explore. All in all,...if you want to come to St. Lucia,....Apartment Espoir is highly recommended by me and maybe you will see me there one day! Because I will certainly return there again! I just love it! Thank you Keith & Sabine for making my holiday so special!!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Baerchen77
Kingston upon Thames
Reviewed 27 July 2010

Keith and Sabine at Espoir are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable in all aspects of the island.
The facilities are wonderful, especially the clear fresh pool in garden surroundings.
We wanted to self-cater and the apartment has a fully equipped Kitchen.
The nights were warm and pleasant, so the air-con was very appreciated, but like anywhere on the island, you do need to protect yourself from mosquitos at night.
The garden had lots of birds and other wildlife; it was a great feature of the island.
There was a short walk down to a white sandy beach but it was worth it to swim in the warm Caribbean and see the colourful fish.
It's a 8 minute walk to the main road where buses to Rodney Bay, Castries and many other places, run every 2 or 3 minutes.
In our case, it was our ideal holiday.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 1 June 2010

As with others, we were drawn in by all of the wonderful reviews of Apartment Espoir on this site. We were not looking for a large, high-end, AI resort where you never leave but for something small, intimate, and low-key. A place where we could call home-base as we explored all that St. Lucia has to offer.
Apartment Espoir truly lived up to our expectations!

We rented an upper level one bedroom apartment for four days. It was not overly fancy but very clean and well appointed and had a gorgeous view. The grounds are beautiful and well-maintained with lots of colorful plants, flowers, and fruit trees. It is a short walk down the hill to a lovely beach area between the East Winds Resort and Windjammer Resort. We snorkeled there several times during our stay and saw some wonderful sealife… including an octopus! The location of this apartment is perfect…it feels very secluded but at the same time it is close to both Castries and Rodney Bay…convenient to restaurants and shopping. We chose to rent a jeep while on the island. Some of the roads can be a little difficult at times and driving on the other side is challenging at first. That said we really enjoy the freedom of coming and going as we please so it was definitely worth it. There were other guests staying there without a car and seemed to get around with little problem by walking down to the main road and taking buses.

The real charm of Apartment Espoir lies with its owners Keith and Sabine. We cannot say enough good things about them. They are warm and genuine…the most wonderful hosts. They really go out of their way to make your stay the best possible. Keith was always available to answer any questions or offer up suggestions for dining or excursions. He also arranged for us to do the ziplines at Rainforest Sky Rides…an awesome experience!

We would highly recommend Apartment Espoir to those of you looking to stay in a clean, comfortable, laid-back place with a beautiful setting. This is a great value! Keith and Sabine, thank you again for a wonderful stay!
L & S- Washington, DC

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Many, many thanks for all these wonderful words! Wow! I can’t begin to thank you for your kind comments. It was a great pleasure having you @ Espoir. I am so happy we could have assisted you & helped to make your vacation a super time. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a comment, what lovely words, and thank you. It was a great pleasure meeting you & we look forward to your return. You were great guests & that helped to make your vacation great. It’s always a pleasure having such wonderful people to share my Island with.
Lincolnshire UK
Reviewed 2 May 2010

This was our second visit to Espoir & we shall be back there again in January for a few months; it is an ideal place for a long stay to escape the UK winter.

We stayed this visit, in a 1 bedroom apartment. It has everything we needed to make our stay comfortable, and was spotlessly clean. Fantastic view of the Caribbean Sea from the balcony, and only a 5 minute walk to the beach. The pool area is a wonderful place to meet with fellow guests and relax.

Keith & Sabine made us feel so welcome; so much so, that we didn't want to leave! They do everything they can to make the time at Espoir as perfect as possible.

The main road is only a 10 minute walk away. Yes, there is a steep incline at the top end of the road, but it is only a short stretch. Without the climb, the view wouldn't be as good, so you can't have it both ways. Remember it is a hilly island, so you have to expect the odd hill or two.

We have nothing but praise for the Espoir and are counting the days till we return. 'Thank you', Keith & Sabine: you are the perfect hosts. See you in 8 months' time!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your time spent with us and that your vacation was just what you wanted - relaxed and left you both invigorated We look forward to welcoming you back to St Lucia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
Villa Beach Cottages
#8 of 12 in Castries
Harmony Suites
Harmony Suites
#7 of 12 in Castries

Been to Apartment Espoir? Share your experiences!