“Friendly, professional and great fun!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Scuba Steve's Diving Ltd.

Scuba Steve's Diving Ltd.
More attraction details
Owner description: British owned and operated PADI Five Star Dive Centre established in 2006 and delivering high levels of Customer service. Situated five minutes from most Hotels in the Rodney Bay area and offering free pick up/drop off each day in our own air conditioned mini bus or by Dive Boat. We offer daily guided dives for certified divers, snorkeling and PADI Certification courses for beginners and certified divers. We operate two well equipped custom dive boats that get you to the best dive sites in St Lucia quickly and comfortably.Our team are highly qualified, safety conscious and above all fun to be around. Call or email to arrange some of the best diving and snorkeling the Caribbean has to offer. Let us help you to enjoy "Simply Beautiful St Lucia"
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“Friendly, professional and great fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Just a quick note to say how much I enjoyed my dives with SSD. Great fun and very, very friendly and professional staff. We dived a couple of sites near the Piton (Superman/Fairyland) and it was just brilliant!

I'll be back for more next time I'm in St Lucia. Hopefully starting on some more advanced training!!

Thanks to Ken, Alton, the Cap'n and Shirley for making a great day out a breeze.

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Safe, Fast, Comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

They made everyone wear a lifevest during ride.
There boat seems to be the fastest around. We blew by Joe Knows speed boat, which is supposed to be fast. This is very nice since we were staying in the north of the island and traveling to the south. Trip was much much faster than our trip on another companies catamaran the day before.
Dive gear was all in good shape.
They had a dive master at front and back of our group to keep an eye on everyone.
They do not have computers on there reg setups, and the dive plan isn't clear enough to really plan out using your tables if you brought them. If you have a portable computer I'd recommend bringing it. I didn't have a dive watch, computer or tables so felt a little uncomfortable going with the flow. I tended to stay a little higher than the rest of the group most of the time as a precaution. The life was just as nice a little higher.

1 Thank Tonykak
Bristol (UK)
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Worried unnecessarily”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

When I booked this I hadn't read trip advisor, which is very unlike me, so was concerned by some of the recent reviews and perfunctory responses that were appearing.

I have just finished my second day diving with Alton, Ken and Captain Jack and have had a fantastic time. They picked me up from St James Club off the beach, the kit was very good standard and set the same for he second day, also I had my 9 yr old with me doing the Bubble maker on day 1 adding to my trepidation.

Alton was fantastic, patient and swam her around at two metres below the surface with her for a good 20 minutes (and before anyone feels obliged to correct it,that's an estimate). She loved it. Far better than sitting in a pool, and now she understands what Dad is banging on about.

There were sandwiches and drinks available for everyone and all dive times were between 50 mins and 1hr 5 mins so no complaints.

1 Thank hearditall
Culpeper, Virginia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Can't say enough good things”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I dove on three days over the course of the week with this operation. They picked me up via boat at my resort each day and the whole crew (Alton, Ken, Shirley and Captain Jack) were all very outgoing and helpful. After the first day, they kept my gear, rinsed it and had it ready for me the next day so I didn't have to while at my resort. We went to 6 different dive sites during the three days I dove. I would highly recommend Scuba Steve and look forward to diving with them again.

Alliston, Canada
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“Good Crew, Good Diving”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

The crew on the boat truly make this Dive Operation. Ken, Alton and Captain Jack make the day of diving so much fun. If your lucky enough just to have these three on board you will not only max your dive time but see more and enjoy your dives much more. Nothing against Shirley the owner but she's not as out going and friendly as others. The dive times at time can be very limited depending on level of divers on board but they try their best to make sure everyone has a good experience. Allot of time I came up with between 75-100bar or 1100 to 1500PSI. I stayed the St James Club Morgan Bay and they pick you up right at the beach on the way south to the dive sites. If you dive multiple days be prepared to visit the same dive sites depending on who's on board. The dive sites you will visit are max depth 60ft, anything lower really didn't make sense due to visibility. Best stuff was between 20-40 feet anyways. No really big fish to see, coral is amazing, saw one turtle over 4 days of diving but did see plenty of fish just not big stuff.

3 Thank Mike P
ScubaStevesDiving, Owner at Scuba Steve's Diving Ltd., responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for your review which I feel motivated to respond to.

We try to make sure that the staff interacts with everybody on the boat as much as possible and that there is a nice safe and fun atmosphere. I am not sure why you thought Shirley was not as outgoing as other staff members as there are many reviews on this site that make comments on how friendly and pleasant Shirley is?

Regarding your dive times; it is not simply about coming back from the dive with 70 or 100 Bar, any experienced diver can do that, it is about TIME AT DEPTH and the amount of Nitrogen that you have accumulated. All of my instructors are quite able to do both dives on one tank of air and still come back with a safe reserve. Your dive times were not short, here is exactly what you did, on each dive straight from our Master Dive Log:-

Day 1 (July 2nd)
Dive 1:- Lesleen M Wreck, depth 67ft, dive time 42 minutes.
Dive 2:- Anse Cochon (South), depth 30ft, dive time 60 minutes.

Day 2 (July 3rd)
Dive 1:- Superman’s Flight, depth 60ft, dive time 52 minutes.
Dive 2:- Fairyland, depth 50ft, dive time 50 minutes.

Day 3 (July 4th)
Dive 1:- Anse Chastanet, depth 62ft, dive time 43 minutes.
Dive 2:- Grand Caille, depth 53ft, dive time 55 minutes.

Day 4 (July 5th) which you booked at short notice
Dive 1:- Anse Cochon (North) depth 57 feet, dive time 52 minutes.
Dive 2:- Anse Cochon (South) (repeat site for you) depth 29 feet, dive time 61 minutes.

From the above, you can clearly see that dive times are way longer than most operators give you and that in fact, had you stuck with the three days you originally pre-booked, you would not have had to repeat any dive sites. The only reason you repeated 1 site out of 8 dives, is that you added another day at short notice and we had already planned to do that dive site.

You may also remember that the dive site you repeated on the 5th July produced the following:- Frogfish (2), Seahorses (2), Octopus (2), Sand Eel, Moray Eels, Scorpion Fish, Peacock Flounders (6) in addition to the normal Tropical Fish that we see, so in fact, that was a very nice and productive dive?