“First class stay”

Ranked #4 of 14 Gros Islet B&B and Inns
Alba, Texas
“First class stay”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Just returned from a wonderful trip to St Lucia, due in large part to Cheryl and her Habitat Terrace. Cheryl met us at the door and showed us two same priced rooms. We chose our room and she offered to start setting up any trips or information we needed. She offered different companies for each tour or activity we wanted. We picked which one. She plays no favorites but will give her opinion if asked. Rooms were fresh, spotless, and detailed. Any request was answered quickly. Even the outside was cleaned daily. The property is gated and fenced with a all night security that asked to help if we got in late and had bags or just day stuff. Breakfast was perfect. The pool is clean but best for children, because it is very small, but nice. Besides we weren't there for the pool. Felt very safe wherever we drove or walked. Suggest renting a car if you want to freedom. Habitat is up the hill about 5 minutes from the beach and town. Driving on the left was a bit different, but the locals are very courteous, even though they drive and pass quickly. Thank you Cheryl, we hope to see you again. No complaints, only a big THANK YOU. Jack and Maggie

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
habitatterrace09, Owner at Habitat Terrace, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you Jack & Maggie. It was an absolute pleasure being of service to you here at Habitat Terrace Hotel. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and your visit to St. Lucia, and hope you will come again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This is a small hotel in the hills next to Rodney Bay and the cleanest, most friendly hotel I have ever stayed at. Everyone was extremely friendly, from Cheryl and her staff to the other guests. Cheryl even hosted an impromptu valentines party for all the gusts and some local characters providing us very tasty local food and drinks. Thanks again to everyone helping to make this one of the best holidays we have had. We will be back
p.s. Loved the debate about Sparrows mortality with Micheal, Melisa and the others at the party

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
It was a pleasure also, having a couple as nice as you stay with us at Habitat Terrace Hotel.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the Valentine's get together, as well as the lively discussions with other guests. I look forward to having you back.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We had an amazing 1st time trip to St Lucia and we credit a lot of our great experience to Cheryl and her team at Habitat Terrace!
My boyfriend and I have stayed in some not-so-nice hostels, decent hotels and a couple of very nice resorts, but Habitat Terrace is just right. HT is clean, bright, original, comfortable and affordable. Cheryl introduced us to the other guests, who were all very nice, and offered us valuable knowledge about the area, what to avoid/explore/etc...
Next time, I hope we can travel with friends to take advantage of the large suite with the kitchenette and better views.
Cheryl arranged for our taxi to/from the airport and steered us in the direction of some wonderful stops we might not have made otherwise. The whole experience was eeeeasy and that's exactly what we needed. This hotel is not right-on-the beach, but we walked almost everywhere from our hotel and enjoyed it! We walked from HT to Rodney Bay, Reduit Beach, Gros Islet and out to Pigeon Island over the course of our 4 day stay. Cheryl arranged for a taxi to take us to Soufriere for a day trip with a morning Piton hike. Winston, our driver, was full of surprises and everyone on the island either knows him - or knows of him. I felt like we were in completely trustworthy hands. It really helped us to relax.
The garden is lush, the small pool is very clean, our bed was comfy and our shower had plenty of hot water (we did wait a few minutes with the water running-not a big deal.)
I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Our room 205 was small but bright with lots of windows. One day, I'd love to return and stay in...
Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Let me say thanks, first of all for choosing Habitat Terrace Hotel for your vacation in St. Lucia.
I am glad your experience was a memorable one, and that you enjoyed the healthy life style of walking.

Thank you for your review. Guests like you are great inspiration to all of us.
I look forward to your return with your friends, and will save the spacious 2-bedroom suite with full kitchen, dining and living room.

All the best
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

On the first evening we arrived later than expected due to the roads in the south of the island being wrecked from the flood a week before, as a result it took about a half hour to check in and locate anyone to help us.
I didn't feel 100% safe at night with the security guard some times not found at all. The property wasn't always secure.
The room itself was just average. You had to turn the shower on 10-15 minutes before using it in order to get any hot water. Not to mention how small the shower was.
The cleaning service was disappointing. I appreciate the green policy the hotel implemented but only having your linens changed every 3 days should be an option to the guests. Some days our towels were taken and not replaced. Also, no one informed us that on Sundays there was no service and I had to get my own clean towels because Sunday would of been day 3.
The breakfast was a joke. It cost 35EC (full breakfast) for a coffee, small omelet, 3 pieces of bacon, and 2 pieces of bread. The continental breakfast was worse (25EC) for 2 pieces of bread, an apple, banana, and tea.
The pool looks very nice in pictures and I was looking forward to staying here because of the good reviews on TA but I was extremely disappointed. If you're looking for a place to relax, swim, and get sun; this is definitely not the place for you. No one went into the pool because it was always freezing. I was there for 16 days and attempted to go in once.
Over all, the location is awful if you want to get around, the service is very cheap, and the staff seemed nice but it was never genuine. I don't foresee myself staying here again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2014

To kick off 2014 we've just had a wonderful week with Cheryl at Habitat Terrace. Her kindness in arranging taxis and lifts etc and looking after us cannot be praised highly enough. We've travelled throughout the world from Alaska to the Mediterranean to Indonesia and have never encountered such friendly service. It was especially noteworthy because this was our first visit to the Caribbean. So, If you're looking for a quiet break with a 'home from home' feel, then the atmosphere - decor, flowers and above all friendly, helpful and sincere service - will not disappoint. The surrounding area is both comfortable and residential with a beautiful view over Rodney Bay. Her guests, like her, were warm and friendly and exactly what we had hoped for. Our thanks to Karan, Shirley, Chelsea, Colin, Floyd and Clem too, for playing such a huge part in our holiday experience and Winston's considerate help and patience on our tour day was absolutely outstanding. Cheryl's garden is beautiful and the view just breath-taking. Our first trip to Habitat Terrace will most definitely not be our last and we can't wait to return. We'll be aiming to convince my family to make a return visit with us in 2015. Thank you, Cheryl, for taking care of everything, we appreciate it so much, Richard and Doris G.

Room Tip: Our room 107 was light, comfortably equipped and spacious enough, and with a great view just outside...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Wow! I am so happy we made such a positive impact on your first trip to the Caribbean and your holiday in St. Lucia is a memorable one. I also enjoyed chattering with you both and learning about your country.

Thanks for such a lovely review, letting others know of your experience.

I look forward to having you and your family here again in 2015.

All the best
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Spent one week at HT, and am planning to return. I've known Cheryl since childhood, so it was very much being with family again. Met some very interesting return guests and made new friends. I especially liked the Caribbean ambiance, especially the flowers and colors.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floor, looking towards Rodney Bay
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank EGL33
It is always good to have family friends stay at Habitat Terrace Hotel, and I am happy that you felt quite at home.

So nice of you to take time to let others know about us.
I look forward to you being back.
Waterville, Maine
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Since our retirement 14 years ago, my wife and I have travelled extensively in Europe, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean, having spent the winter months in the warmth of many of the Caribbean islands, including Guadeloupe, Martinique, St. Martin, Granada, Monsarrat, Turks and Caicos and Curacao, among others. Three years ago we dicovered Habitat Terrace in St. Lucia through the recommendation of a Canadian friend who had stayed there the previous winter. What a wonderful surprise. We will be returning in January for our third 3-month-long winter escape from the frigid temperatures of northern New England. The staff of this small boutique hotel is as friendly and accomodating as in any property we have ever visited. Cheryl, the owner/manager could not be more gracious, offering even to drive us to church services every week and to occasional duplicate bridge games in town. Walking to the Rodney Bay shopping centers (a mile and a half away) provides us with a perfect exercise routine and we have had no need to rent a vehicle. Cheryl will arrange for reliable transportation (frequently driving us herself) for any excursions we wish to enjoy on this beautiful island. St. Lucia has become our favored winter destination largely because of our experience at Habitat Terrace, the friendliness of the St. Lucian people and the safe environmnent, not to mention the beautiful beaches, the availability of excellent dining and shopping, and the favorable monetary exchange rate.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Fred L
habitatterrace09, Owner at Habitat Terrace, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
I am never one of too may words, but now I am of fewer.
I am happy that you, your wife and friends have found your all-time Summer home in St. Lucia and at Habitat Terrace Hotel.
Thanks for being such wonderful caring friends over the years, and for sharing your experiences with the world. See you next year.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gros Islet
#2 of 13 in Gros Islet
Bay Gardens Inn
Bay Gardens Inn
#1 of 14 in Gros Islet

Been to Habitat Terrace? Share your experiences!