This is a small resort with only 25 or so rooms compared with the hundreds in other resorts on the island. It is no coincidence that about half of those staying at the resort during our stay were American honeymooners! That tells you the seclusion and intimacy are high on the list of attributes.
This is a high quality resort with a superb staff who are genuinely interested in you and keen to provide for your every need. They could not have been more helpful and this goes to the majority of those we encountered on the island in general. It appears most of the population have recognised the importance of customer service and have decided to try and attract people back to the island.
The resort has a great setting on the west side of the island which is the better side weather-wise. With its own beach (not private but secluded), pool, superb restaurant with a very quality chef, and bars it provides for all you need. The staff are friendly and the atmosphere appropriately informal.
The rooms are great - we saw two because of a kind arrangement to allow us to book out late in the day for an overnight flight - and each has its own charm. Our main room was a swim-up suite which meant it was three or four swimming strokes from the bar! Plenty of room to sunbathe, very good spa treatments on site, and enough exercise to allow us to enjoy the excellent food and drink! Cocktails are an essential part of the Calabash diet and created an excellent friendly atmosphere with the other guests most evening at the pool bar.
Despite some inclement and unusual rain, we thoroughly enjoyed the resort and would strongly recommend it to those who want a quiet getaway - not for the night-life heavy-drinking people at all - there are plenty of other resorts for them!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gently sloping, tropical beachfront on the northwest coast of the island, Calabash Cove is one of just a select few five-star resorts on St. Lucia. Nestled in the sheltered bay of Bonaire Estate, Calabash Cove is perched on a hillside sloping gently towards the Caribbean Sea, where cool ocean breezes provide a wonderful respite and the turquoise sea is offset by the vibrant green of tropical vegetation and views of Walcott Island. A private beach and nearby coral reef provide the perfect place to rest, reflect and dream. The resort has been designed with great care to complement and exist in harmony with the beauty of the natural surroundings. The main buildings of the hotel, such as the lobby, restaurant, bar, sanctuary, and infinity pool with waterfall lie on a slope, with the villas in the midst of lush vegetation perfectly situated to view nightly sunsets. The natural elements of earth, wind, light and water are represented in the exotic wood, stone and natural materials used in the composition of the buildings. The peaceful and tranquil gardens, under the care of one of the finest landscape architects in the Caribbean, have been created to capture and optimize the natural splendor of the area and are filled with vibrant, fragrant flowers set amid groves of trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, West Indies, Travelbag, Odigeo, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your Calabash Cove Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Calabash Cove Hotel Gros Islet
- Calabash Cove Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Gros Islet