We arrived at Calabash Cove on the 29th April and stayed for 10 nights, sadly returning home today. We had booked a swim up suite (room 101), although when we arrived we were advised for our last 2 nights we would be upgraded to a cottage which was a nice surprise. Both types of accommodation are special in their own insicidual ways. To be able to leave your own patio and step into the pool with its infinity edge and 'swim up' bar is amazing. Equally having a spacious cottage with your own plunge pool and outside shower, is also a special experience. The views from everywhere in the hotel are absolutely stunning. The rooms were serviced extremely well and every member of staff in the hotel, from the guy who maintains the pool, the restaurant staff, right through to the gardener who does all the wood carvings and gave us a bowl with our names engraved on them, were all so welcoming, polite and really couldn't have done anymore to make our stay so special. I have to add a special 'thank you' to Gavin & Lance at the pool bar who really did entertain us all with their friendly banter and excellent service. We have been to other destinations but to date 'nothing' beats this hotel for a wonderful alround holiday experience. Neither of us would hesitate to recommend the Calabash Cove to anyone seeking a Caribbean holiday that encompasses a fantastic location, stunning views, welcoming and attentive staff on every level, topped off with excellent food and wines. The only downside was having to leave!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gently sloping, tropical beachfront on the northwest coast of the island, Calabash Cove is one of just a select few five-star resorts on St. Lucia. Nestled in the sheltered bay of Bonaire Estate, Calabash Cove is perched on a hillside sloping gently towards the Caribbean Sea, where cool ocean breezes provide a wonderful respite and the turquoise sea is offset by the vibrant green of tropical vegetation and views of Walcott Island. A private beach and nearby coral reef provide the perfect place to rest, reflect and dream. The resort has been designed with great care to complement and exist in harmony with the beauty of the natural surroundings. The main buildings of the hotel, such as the lobby, restaurant, bar, sanctuary, and infinity pool with waterfall lie on a slope, with the villas in the midst of lush vegetation perfectly situated to view nightly sunsets. The natural elements of earth, wind, light and water are represented in the exotic wood, stone and natural materials used in the composition of the buildings. The peaceful and tranquil gardens, under the care of one of the finest landscape architects in the Caribbean, have been created to capture and optimize the natural splendor of the area and are filled with vibrant, fragrant flowers set amid groves of trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, West Indies, Booking.com, Destinology, Hotels.com, TravelUp and Travelbag so you can book your Calabash Cove Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Calabash Cove Hotel Gros Islet
- Calabash Cove Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Gros Islet