Calabash Cove has the prices of a Luxury Resort but is not a Luxury resort.
Nothing to say on the nice room, beautiful location, good food, nice staff but some signs that is not a luxury place : basic and limited bathroom amenities (no Hair conditioner, no sewing kit ...), no real bed turn-down (just towels changes), even not a pen in the room and a single (old) piece of paper. During 4 days on the beach we only saw a safety guard one day (the beach is public even if secluded you cannot leave your belongings if you go kayaking) and only once a waiter proposing drinks, no free drinks or no cold tower proposals. In addition the resort did not took into account our request for a second floor room and I got 3 different explanations from 3 different people.
Details I know, But details make Luxury. And they are not there.
Better luxury places in the island for the same price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gently sloping, tropical beachfront on the northwest coast of the island, Calabash Cove is one of just a select few five-star resorts on St. Lucia. Nestled in the sheltered bay of Bonaire Estate, Calabash Cove is perched on a hillside sloping gently towards the Caribbean Sea, where cool ocean breezes provide a wonderful respite and the turquoise sea is offset by the vibrant green of tropical vegetation and views of Walcott Island. A private beach and nearby coral reef provide the perfect place to rest, reflect and dream. The resort has been designed with great care to complement and exist in harmony with the beauty of the natural surroundings. The main buildings of the hotel, such as the lobby, restaurant, bar, sanctuary, and infinity pool with waterfall lie on a slope, with the villas in the midst of lush vegetation perfectly situated to view nightly sunsets. The natural elements of earth, wind, light and water are represented in the exotic wood, stone and natural materials used in the composition of the buildings. The peaceful and tranquil gardens, under the care of one of the finest landscape architects in the Caribbean, have been created to capture and optimize the natural splendor of the area and are filled with vibrant, fragrant flowers set amid groves of trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, West Indies, Destinology, Odigeo, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Calabash Cove Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Calabash Cove Hotel Gros Islet
- Calabash Cove Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Gros Islet