This place exceeded our already high expectations from other reviews! We stayed 7 days for our honeymoon and couldn’t have chosen a better place. The fact that this resort only has 20 or so rooms which was only 25% occupied made the resort feel extremely exclusive. The first couple days we were there we had the pool to ourselves every day. No one on the beach every time we went. Which left the staff to focus on us! It was funny to think that on day 4 the pool was crowded when we were join by another couple or two.
The staff made the trip just that much better. Lance and Gavin at the pool bar were awesome and always entertaining and fun to be around. We spent a lot of time in the pool and they took care of us the entire time and by the end of the trip felt like friends. Lily was the bartender at the restaurant bar and she was great! Extremely friendly and we loved hanging out at the bar talking with her. Andrea was our waitress a few times and again just a pleasure to be around. I have never been to a place where I got to know the staff so this experience is one I will remember. They were all so friendly and they made our time in such a beautiful place that much better.
This resort is laid back and is one thing we enjoyed the most. We weren’t looking for an active party style resort like you would get at sandals. It was quiet and peaceful and I would recommend it to anyone looking for an escape from the normal large resorts you find everywhere. I can't imagine that here is a better pool view in St. Lucia. Looking out from the elevated infinity edge pool was an amazing view of a large bay with the Capital Castries lighting up the hillside at night.
We stayed in cottage number 1 up on the hill to the far right when looking down to the beach. The view from the deck and plunge pool was absolutely amazing!! This cottage is the most elevated which left unobstructed views all around. I loved that the bedroom had AC while the front room of the cottage could be opened up to have th great views. Many other resorts we looked at (Ladera) had all open air rooms which would have left me way to hot and uncomfortable to sleep. Being on the far side of the resort left it very secluded but still very convenient to get to the pool and restaurant. The outdoor shower in the room was amazing. What it doesn’t show on the resort website is the incredible view it has. In fact the pictures of the resort online do not do it justice. The amount that the properties vegetation has grown in and the views of the bay and lights of Castries at night (which are not well shown) completely shatter your expectations the moment you arrive.
We did the all-inclusive and were extremely happy with our decision!! The food at the restaurant and pool bar was always fantastic. They change up there specials daily and there wasn’t one thing we had that wasn’t amazing. This is coming from a couple that loves to eat out and has high standards when it comes to food.
I would recommend this place to anyone who enjoys a quite resort that at times feels like you are the only one there. Food was great! Staff was wonderful! Views are unbeatable!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gently sloping, tropical beachfront on the northwest coast of the island, Calabash Cove is one of just a select few five-star resorts on St. Lucia. Nestled in the sheltered bay of Bonaire Estate, Calabash Cove is perched on a hillside sloping gently towards the Caribbean Sea, where cool ocean breezes provide a wonderful respite and the turquoise sea is offset by the vibrant green of tropical vegetation and views of Walcott Island. A private beach and nearby coral reef provide the perfect place to rest, reflect and dream. The resort has been designed with great care to complement and exist in harmony with the beauty of the natural surroundings. The main buildings of the hotel, such as the lobby, restaurant, bar, sanctuary, and infinity pool with waterfall lie on a slope, with the villas in the midst of lush vegetation perfectly situated to view nightly sunsets. The natural elements of earth, wind, light and water are represented in the exotic wood, stone and natural materials used in the composition of the buildings. The peaceful and tranquil gardens, under the care of one of the finest landscape architects in the Caribbean, have been created to capture and optimize the natural splendor of the area and are filled with vibrant, fragrant flowers set amid groves of trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Calabash Cove Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Calabash Cove Hotel Gros Islet
- Calabash Cove Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Gros Islet