Left a cold, snowy UK behind.After a delayed BA flight from Gatwick, snow had cleared but problems with required spare batteries that aircraft needed to fly.......
Arrived in the dark, very weary. 3 couples arrived at same time but check in was speedy.
Offered a drink of our choice. That was our first contact with the lovely " Lily " . What an asset she is to the hotel,always a smile on her face and any request was no trouble. A rapport built straight away.
Staff in general excellent and we slipped into the Caribbean mode and throughly relaxed!!!!!!
Room was great, located top floor of stand alone building. Think it was room 209, had a high vaulted ceiling. Views fantastic. We like being above the vegetation and not in it !!!! A beachside cottage would not have suited us but that's a personal choice.
We were on AI package which suited us as we are foodies and appreciate good food and wine. Not disappointed. The quality of both excellent.
Asked for a tour of the kitchen which Konrad arranged with Didier the French chef.
I was impressed with the clenliness and storage facilieties. It is a small kitchen which was very well organised with dedicated staff resulting in choices of superb dishes.
Fish was our favourite. We loved the Asian, Creole,European fusion style. Top notch for us.
Pool bar food also excellent. Jonathan and Lance a good duo behind the bar.
All guests got on together and we all had a great time.
Booked through Simply St Lucia.They regularly visit hotels that they feature and their inside knowledge prompted us to book in the first place.
Thanks to all staff,we can't speak highly enough.
Roger and Karen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gently sloping, tropical beachfront on the northwest coast of the island, Calabash Cove is one of just a select few five-star resorts on St. Lucia. Nestled in the sheltered bay of Bonaire Estate, Calabash Cove is perched on a hillside sloping gently towards the Caribbean Sea, where cool ocean breezes provide a wonderful respite and the turquoise sea is offset by the vibrant green of tropical vegetation and views of Walcott Island. A private beach and nearby coral reef provide the perfect place to rest, reflect and dream. The resort has been designed with great care to complement and exist in harmony with the beauty of the natural surroundings. The main buildings of the hotel, such as the lobby, restaurant, bar, sanctuary, and infinity pool with waterfall lie on a slope, with the villas in the midst of lush vegetation perfectly situated to view nightly sunsets. The natural elements of earth, wind, light and water are represented in the exotic wood, stone and natural materials used in the composition of the buildings. The peaceful and tranquil gardens, under the care of one of the finest landscape architects in the Caribbean, have been created to capture and optimize the natural splendor of the area and are filled with vibrant, fragrant flowers set amid groves of trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Expedia, Priceline, Holiday Gems, Destinology, Booking.com, Travelbag, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Calabash Cove Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Calabash Cove Hotel Gros Islet
- Calabash Cove Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Gros Islet