Trip advisor did not steer us wrong on this one. We picked the absolute best resort and location in choosing Calabash Cove Resort & Spa and St. Lucia!
As other reviewers have stated, the accomodations were phenomenal and the staff was sincerely friendly and helpful. We were on a first name basis with most of the staff. They went above and beyond normal expectations: Justin in groundskeeping brought us fresh mangos from his back yard and created engraved Calabash bowls for us; Thomason the bartender know how to make customized drinks and created my own drink called Pineapple Kwest (ask for it!); Barbara and Kim tidied up our cottage on a daily basis and even put together a special honeymoon arrangement in our bedroom; The food was above average and there were many options. The chef will even customize a meal to your liking. Chris, the restaurant manager, takes pride in customer service. What can I say, we did not want to leave!
This resort is beautiful and in a prime location to get to many of the more popular towns and cities. You will need to grab a taxi. Ask for Sadiq..the nicest taxi driver I have ever met. Every room has a view, but we stayed close to the beach in one of the waters edge cottages. Breathtaking and very relaxing. Calabash is FAR from Sandals. You stay here to relax and unwind.
We can't wait to go back and highly recommend Calabash Cove. Thanks Conrad and the Calabash staff for making our Honeymoon unforgettable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on gently sloping, tropical beachfront on the northwest coast of the island, Calabash Cove is one of just a select few five-star resorts on St. Lucia. Nestled in the sheltered bay of Bonaire Estate, Calabash Cove is perched on a hillside sloping gently towards the Caribbean Sea, where cool ocean breezes provide a wonderful respite and the turquoise sea is offset by the vibrant green of tropical vegetation and views of Walcott Island. A private beach and nearby coral reef provide the perfect place to rest, reflect and dream. The resort has been designed with great care to complement and exist in harmony with the beauty of the natural surroundings. The main buildings of the hotel, such as the lobby, restaurant, bar, sanctuary, and infinity pool with waterfall lie on a slope, with the villas in the midst of lush vegetation perfectly situated to view nightly sunsets. The natural elements of earth, wind, light and water are represented in the exotic wood, stone and natural materials used in the composition of the buildings. The peaceful and tranquil gardens, under the care of one of the finest landscape architects in the Caribbean, have been created to capture and optimize the natural splendor of the area and are filled with vibrant, fragrant flowers set amid groves of trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, West Indies, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Calabash Cove Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Calabash Cove Hotel Gros Islet
- Calabash Cove Resort And Spa St. Lucia/Gros Islet