“fantastic service”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We went to Fire Grill the first night of the jazz festival which was great entertainment. We had a 30 minute wait for a table and they kept apologizing for the wait, waits are typical here in the US, so we didn't mind. The steaks come with a variety of their sauces so there's no need to order the add-on sauces from the menu. The steak I had was not that great, not worth the $40US. My husband had the BBQ Brisket sandwich that was excellent. The service was fantastic and the sides were excellent. While our meal was good, there are so many other great restaurants in the area that we tried, that if I have limited dining nights again I would try others before Fire Grill. The seating is covered outdoors without air conditioning. They did a great job of set up in the lot next door to accommodate those wanting to drink and listen to the jazz music - a good place to hang and listen if not dining.

There are newer reviews for Fire Grill Steak House & Lounge Bar

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Good Ribs,fried corn on the cob, rib eye ! Really entertaining music for jazz fest.Famous local chef.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

My husband went out with the men from our group (a manly pre wedding outing lol) and they all came back claiming they were the best steaks they have ever had! Absolutely no complaints and well worth the cost, not too expensive either.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The off jazz and art festival is always great at Fire grill.the large outdoor screen would have been interesting all the week through!!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We visited Fire Grill for the encore night of the jazz festival. We had been looking forward to this night for weeks, but were sadly disappointed. The food was OK. We shared the nachos to start which were very tasty. My husband had the shrimp kebab, which he thought was a good portion size but lacking in flavour. I had the ribeye steak which was unfortunately over-cooked. This is unacceptable for a restaurant that specialises in steak. Service was slow so I didn't bother sending it back. The fries we had were verging on inedible. They were soggy and still slightly cold in the middle and had soaked up a great deal of oil. The waitress that was serving our table seemed to be in a bad mood and we were made to feel like we were a bit of a nuisance just by being there, which was a bit of a downer. Atmosphere-wise it was very lively as it was the encore night and the restaurant was packed. If wanting to go to one of "Jazz at the Grill" events, my advice would be to go here for a drink but eat elsewhere (try Jaques Waterfront dining or Spice of India)