“Thanks Miss Margorie”

Ranked #21 of 83 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Marjories is the real taste of St Lucia, the very best of local food served in a unique location - Cas en Bas beach.We serve locally sourced and in season products and specialize in fish and chicken but we have much more on the menu than that.Come and try out the best kept secret in St Lucia and "lime" the day away watching the activity in and around the bay.
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Thanks Miss Margorie”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

The day before leaving SLU' I ventured I from my space and made it down the beach to Marjorie"s. Welcoming smiles and conversation. Jason was so kind. Marjorie ensured I had some coconut water and oh boy.......amazing food. Fantastic hot sauce too. Meal was a great sendoff. Dessert of local sweets was super. Marjorie is so motherly. On way out she ensured I got my hot sauce to go.....on the house too. Thanks Marjorie. I will be back.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Nikkij N

Boston, Massachusetts
“warm hospitality and delicious local food”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

We had the best meal of our entire trip at Marjorie's The restaurant is open, sits right on the beach and provides wonderful views while you dine. Marjorie, the owner, is delightful and came over to our table to see how we liked our meal and to tell stories. She's so fun to talk with. There is no menu, rather the waitress will tell you what's offered that night. I had swordfish served with standard local sides ( rice and peas, plantains, green bananas, breadfruit etc. ) It was a huge portion and absolutely delicious. Since there is no menu, there are also no set prices, so we had no idea what to expect. The prices seemed reasonable considering the great food and views, and the fact that it's practically on top of the Cotton Bay resort (For comparison, a plate of pasta at the resort bar was about the same price as what I ordered.) I wish I had found Marjorie's sooner in my trip, I would have eaten there every day!

Bring cash, they don't accept credit cards!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Jesserdb
Canada
“Lots of food, poor service”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

All the food is prepared fresh so be prepared to wait an hour for your meal. The waitress is cooking so don't expect to get any drinks until your food arrives. Nice out of the way location, however a lot was taken away from the atmosphere by all the guys there trying to sell the same tourist stuff you see in Castries.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Lisa M
Geneva, Switzerland
“Good food, generous portions, charming Marjorie”
Reviewed 11 May 2013

We had a very nice lunch there with tasty grilled fish (King Fish and Tuna) and lots of side dishes. Marjorie was very nice and welcoming.

Thank you!

Sonia and Stéphane

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank sonia1676
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best lunch with beautiful view”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

My husband and I visited St Lucia for the first time for our 30th Wedding Anniversary (April2013) and Cas En Bas beach was near our villa. I love the peace and quiet of the beautiful beach. I shopped and brought home some gifts for my 4 daughters. Plus we now have a unique Mahogany Carving with our wedding date on our mantle.Thank you Jonathan. Having lunch at Marjorie's was delicious and very special. Her crew were nice, friendly and made us feel at home. One day I had the shrimp creole and barbeque chicken on another, both were excellent. The dinner sized plate was filled with a delicious salad and grilled bananas and veggies, topped off with a free dessert including crystalized coconut and fudge. Prices are very reasonable for such delicious large portions of food. We did not need dinner after our huge lunch. Spending time meeting and talking with Marjorie was wonderful. We can't wait to return!!

• Visited April 2013