“Great day with Shal!”

Milwaukee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great day with Shal!”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We took the cruise ship excursion that was offered on their website. (You can look at all of they things they do on their website. I'm not going to list them all) Shal was our driver and he was great! It seemed like everywhere we went everyone knew him and he was quite the ladies man. :) He knew everything about the island and was great explaining stuff to us. This excursion was nice because we were in an open air jeep. It was the only one we saw the whole time we were driving around the island. All of the others doing tours looked like they were stuffed in a van with thirty other people. It was nice being in the open air instead of a cramped hot tour bus. It was also nice being that only six people could be in the jeep. It made getting in and out a breeze. My uncle went on the same cruise as us a few weeks after and I recommend that they go on this excursion. They loved it and had a bast. I would definitely recommend this tour and if I ever go back to St. Lucia I will be taking it again or another one offered through their company. Thanks for a great adventure Shal!

Visited November 2012
3 Thank nikki4523

ny
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a Great experience..... Shal is the Man !!!!!”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

he picked us up at the dock and showed us the whole island ...went places normal tour buses cant go.... it was great got to see alot more than any other tour....was almost 7 hours touring the island....he was fantastic .....we have coconut straight off the tree as well as bananas and mangos...... warm bread and cheese ....even toured a resort in the middle of the pitons to have a beer..... have been on 13 cruises and this tour is close to the top as the best .... HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend ...... you wont be disappointed

Visited April 2012
1 Thank frank g
Oceano, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great day with Shal”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Shal, our guide and driver of the Jungle Tour Landrover jeep, was just right for us two adventurous couples. With a cooler full of waters, beers and rumpunch, we saw tropical rainforest, ate freshly baked bread from a local village bakery (no sign on the building, but Shal knows this kind of thing) bought local jerk seasoning and handmade woven baskets. I had my misgivings about the mud baths at the volcano, but we had a blast. There were a bunch of young Germans at the time. We all got covered in the special cleansing clay (with bathing suits on). Pretty rustic, but a cool experience. We felt refreshed and my skin was so soft afterwards. Shal was so personable, we ended up singing country songs with him as we whizzed through the beautiful landscape. One warning, when the top is on the Landrover, it gets fumy inside. We only had the top on when it was raining. Most of the day it was not raining, and the fresh air and sweet rich fragrance of the rainforest made up for it. Our lunch in Soufriere with a spectacular view of the Pitons over the bay was delicious - I was surprised by and enjoyed what tasted like potato salad, but was made with green bananas, no potatoes at all! Shal got us back to the cruise ship just in time - what a full fun day!

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Melissa R
Twin Cities
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“The best cruise excursion ever!”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Within the past 12 years, I've been on two tours with Shal. Both were incredibly memorable and he hasn't lost any enthusiasm. The tour gives you a great mix of things to do from a banana plantation, riding through the rain forest, beach time, city time, amazing vistas, and even sap (mud baths!). Shal is a great guide who is very likable and really wants his guests to have a great time. The land rover is limited to 6 people so it's an intimate tour. Drinks are included and you're free to stand up in the open air land rover. It's amazing to feel the warm breeze as you cruise along gorgeous St. Lucia. I could go on this tour over and over again! Price is around $100pp and worth every penny.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank berned_you
london ontario
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great day on St. Lucia”
Reviewed 5 March 2011

We booked an all day excursion with Jungle Tours during our recent cruise and it was well worth it! My family (six of us in total) spent the day with Shal touring the island in his jeep. He showed us many highlights and gave us a taste of island life. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone wanting to see St. Lucia in a day. Thanks Shal!

Visited February 2011