We recently visited EWI for the first time and can say with confidence that it won't be our last!
This was a vacation to remember, to say the least. We fully experienced the three "R's": Rest, Relaxation, Rejuvenation (and perhaps a little Rehabilitation after all those rum punches!). First off, the food: we consider ourselves "foodies" and we plan most of our vacations around the culinary experience. The food far surpassed our expectations, even after all of the glowing TripAdvisor reviews. Gourmet breakfasts featured homemade yogurt and health-drink-o-the-day, lunches brought paella and barbecued kingfish, and dinner...well, dinner was it's own beast. What an experience! Four course dinners were served with a smile by the local and professional St. Lucian staff. Wine accompaniments were always on par, with a varying Managers List available upon request.
We thoroughly appreciated the familial atmosphere between all of the guests. We enjoyed sharing in drinks and scrabble with fellow guests in the Bamboo Lounge before and after dinner. The community feel of the resort was obvious as guests often chose to invite others to join them at dinner.
We started days with both the yoga and pilates classes in the beautiful, open-air yoga pavilion and were pleased with the instruction. We spent many hours lounging on the beautiful natural sand beach, and barely had to leave our loungers to snorkel the underwater world of St. Lucia. There are two reefs right out front of the resort! The lush gardens are clearly maintained with love by Sylvanus and his crew - every day we saw them out working, even during rain! The rooms offered every amenity we needed and were meticulously cleaned each day by the wonderful housekeeping staff.
In fact, the entire staff is what made this trip so memorable for us. From the ladies greeting us at reception late at night with a bright smile and a choice of beverage, to Francis and his well-mannered security staff. The water sport boys, Kim & Johnny, gave us a lesson on the hobby cat and a couple thrilling rides. Titus, Hannah, Leron, Windel and other bar staff kept our drinks topped-up with premium liquor and were always ready to mix a new drink at our request. Henry & the restaurant staff, especially Eli and Mouse, made every dinning experience wonderful. We enthusiastically give EWI staff the three "F's": Flexible, Friendly and Fun!
Oh...and did we mention the food was amazing?
Thank you to all for such a great getaway. We can't to come "home" again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Saint Lucia’s best kept secret and immerse yourself in true Caribbean luxury. East Winds Saint Lucia is a breathtaking garden-by-the-sea, planted on the island's most picturesque sandy bay. Our Island Hideaway is Saint Lucia's original boutique resort featuring 30 cottage style suites, tucked away amongst lush plants, trees and a kaleidoscope of colourful bird-life. East Winds is home to what many consider the finest beach on the island and our guests share it with very few others just like them; travellers looking for personalised care and all-inclusive service in the most authentic of Caribbean experiences. Come experience the Caribbean the way it was meant to be experienced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Booking.com, West Indies, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your East Winds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Winds Hotel Gros Islet
- East Winds Resort All Inclusive
- East Winds St. Lucia/Gros Islet