I discovered East Winds on Trip Advisor, and I can honestly say that it came up to all my expectations. It is truly wonderful, beautiful location, tranquil, well-run and just perfect.
We stayed in room 26, it felt like our own little piece of paradise. A nice quiet room, just a short walk down to the beach and restaurant. The room was well maintained, lots of wardrobe and storage space (lots of hangers), good lighting, TV, DVD, free WiFi, plenty of electrical sockets, even an international adapter was provided. The bed was huge and very comfortable, plenty of pillows and beautiful, crisp white linen. The bathroom had lots of space for toiletries etc, there were always spare fluffy white towels but what I fell in love with straight away was the sunken shower. Because there is no glass in the window, just an insect screen, it feels as if your are almost showering in the garden listening to the birds and looking at the trees. The sunny terrace was a delight, with the fridge stocked with beer and cold drinks, tea and coffee facilities and a small sink. We spent hours on that terrace, it was out of this world, truly relaxing, just the sound of the birds and the rustle of leaves.
The food at East Winds is exquisite. During the week we stayed not a single item appeared more than one on the dinner menu. The food was always well presented, hot, and perfect size portions. I have to admit that I didn't leave a single thing. I specially remember the pork tenderloin, the tuna, scallops, the paella, marinated fried fish and the stunningly presented desserts. The restaurant is right by the sea with lots of space betwwen tables, you were never rushed, but service was quick and efficient and the music at just the right level. Lunch was a kind of buffet, again very good, and there was always plenty of salad and fresh fruit. Breakfast was buffet but with a cook station where you could get your eggs, omelettes etc. The cook (I think she was called Paula) made the best omelettes that I have ever eaten and served them with a real smile. I am a huge coffee fan and can honestly say that the coffee was exquisite at all meals.
I am not a huge drinker but the bar service was very good, before dinner we always had cocktails with the other guests and they always made me a non-alcoholic drink, each evening different. The weekly coktail party was a nice way of meeting other guests, although as it is a small resort everyone tends to be warm and friendly.
The service at East Winds is just right, discreet yet efficient. The staff were all wonderful, and I do mean all of them, receptionists, bar and restaurant staff, cleaners, gardeners, beach staff and the manager of course!. They all did a great job and always had a genuine smile.
There are plenty of loungers on the beach and around the pool and plenty of shade. The pedal boats and kayaks are a nice way to spend an hour or so, and the snorkelling was nice too. The swimming pool is nice,
and impecably clean, all stray leaves were rapidly removed!.
We did a session of yoga and pilates- both the monitors were excellent and the open pavilion made it even better. We also used the training circuit a few times, it was great.
The gardens at East Winds are very beautiful, lush, mature, full of colour. We chatted to the Head gardener a couple of times and he was enthusiastic and knowledgeable about all the different plants and trees. We enjoyed walking around the gardeners and identifying all the different species from the booklet in our room.
East Winds is one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed in, I love to travel and see new places, so I don't often return to the same hotel twice. However I plan to make an exception with East Winds and go back to this little piece of paradise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Saint Lucia’s best kept secret and immerse yourself in true Caribbean luxury. East Winds Saint Lucia is a breathtaking garden-by-the-sea, planted on the island's most picturesque sandy bay. Our Island Hideaway is Saint Lucia's original boutique resort featuring 30 cottage style suites, tucked away amongst lush plants, trees and a kaleidoscope of colourful bird-life. East Winds is home to what many consider the finest beach on the island and our guests share it with very few others just like them; travellers looking for personalised care and all-inclusive service in the most authentic of Caribbean experiences. Come experience the Caribbean the way it was meant to be experienced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, West Indies, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your East Winds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Winds Hotel Gros Islet
- East Winds Resort All Inclusive
- East Winds St. Lucia/Gros Islet