It was three years since we had taken a main holiday so we spent as much time as we could to research Hotel options. We had called at St Lucia a number of times in the past whilst cruising so we were pretty confident about the destination and we went for East Winds based on Trip Advisor reviews. I have to say at one stage before hitting the "book" button we were a bit suspicious about the Trip Advisor reviews because they were all so good, but it didn't take us long (2 minutes) to realise that we made the right decision and that everything was true.
As you check in with a glass of champagne or rum punch and are taken through the beautiful gardens to your room you suddenly go into "relax" mode.
It was important for us to go to a place that would allow us to completely chill - quiet, tranquil location, lovely beach, friendly staff, great food (and wines & champagne!) and no requirement to do anything or stick to a schedule or in fact do anything other than relax were top of our agenda. That's exactly what we got!
If you want night life, loud music, enjoy queuing or your meals, cheap local brand drinks and being first to get to the beach to claim your sun bed then East Winds is definitely not for you. On the other-hand if you like the thought of a beautiful peaceful setting, lovely gardens and wild life, great cocktails champagne & wines, an extensive menu, table service (at it's best), entertainment from local musicians and a leisurely stroll to the beach (or indeed pool) at any time of the day and almost take your choice on location then then East Winds is for you.
It was our anniversary during our stay and we enjoyed a lovely private meal on the beach under one of the small canopies. It was a really nice touch and is just one example of how the staff make a real difference to your holiday.
If you want to get out and see the island there are a number of trips that the Hotel can arrange for you accompanied by a picnic. There are also a number of water sport activities available for those who want to be slightly adventurous on the private beach. I personally enjoy taking regular exercise and used the fitness trail within the grounds every day and took in the lovely setting along route.
I'm sure so many guests have said this before, but we very rarely return to the same place twice but as soon as I finish this review I will be checking fights and availability for next year - we can't wait!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Saint Lucia’s best kept secret and immerse yourself in true Caribbean luxury. East Winds Saint Lucia is a breathtaking garden-by-the-sea, planted on the island's most picturesque sandy bay. Our Island Hideaway is Saint Lucia's original boutique resort featuring 30 cottage style suites, tucked away amongst lush plants, trees and a kaleidoscope of colourful bird-life. East Winds is home to what many consider the finest beach on the island and our guests share it with very few others just like them; travellers looking for personalised care and all-inclusive service in the most authentic of Caribbean experiences. Come experience the Caribbean the way it was meant to be experienced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, West Indies, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your East Winds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Winds Hotel Gros Islet
- East Winds Resort All Inclusive
- East Winds St. Lucia/Gros Islet