I appreciate this is a little belated but having just signed up for Trip Advisor, I thought I owed East Winds Inn a review!
I'm 16 and have previously visited Barbados twice, where I stayed both times in a much busier hotel. Given this, my parents were unsure if I'd find a way to occupy myself in a smaller, more relaxed hotel.
But I am thrilled to say - this is by far the best hotel I have visited, and I've had the blessing of travelling a lot!
The staff are all gems: I remember a lot of names and as a family we built up a fantastic rapport with most, if not all of them. I won't ever forget Windell's smile!
The food lives up to its reputation and then exceeds it by a mile. The enormous variety and never ending supply of fresh fish was perfect, not to mention the sushi, my favourite food. Possibly the best I've ever tasted. Also the chef cooked up a conch we found snorkling!
The water sports were great on a quiet ocean, and I was allowed to sail alone on a hobie cat having proved my competence. That was lovely!
The evening entertainment was fantastic, honest music, with the addition of the beautiful Steinway piano. On request the pianist played my favourite song, a lovely memory.
Relating to 'occupying myself', I found that being a little older than when visiting Barbados, it was a perfect fortnight of relaxation.
The rooms and grounds are beautiful, a bunch of cute huts nestled in a miniature tropical jungle with a nature trail and fitness trail.
Also, I noticed that everybody at the hotel, from manager to gardener was always too happy to help. The hotel was full of happy, relaxed vibes and peace, where time never seemed to go too fast.
Apologies for the delay in review but I needed to leave one!! This is by far the best hotel I've been to and will definitely be returning! Thank you very much to all the staff - if I named them all, we'd be here forever. Thanks for the perfect holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Saint Lucia’s best kept secret and immerse yourself in true Caribbean luxury. East Winds Saint Lucia is a breathtaking garden-by-the-sea, planted on the island's most picturesque sandy bay. Our Island Hideaway is Saint Lucia's original boutique resort featuring 30 cottage style suites, tucked away amongst lush plants, trees and a kaleidoscope of colourful bird-life. East Winds is home to what many consider the finest beach on the island and our guests share it with very few others just like them; travellers looking for personalised care and all-inclusive service in the most authentic of Caribbean experiences. Come experience the Caribbean the way it was meant to be experienced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, West Indies, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your East Winds reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- East Winds Hotel Gros Islet
- East Winds Resort All Inclusive
- East Winds St. Lucia/Gros Islet