Came back from a 10 day stay at St-Lucian by Rex. It was our first experience in an all-inclusive resort and i must admit that we were quite surprised. Having some friends in St-Lucia, we spent a lot of time out of the resort but the meals we had there were very decent; we were happy to find local food every time at ''Mariner's'' and even if the meat and fish were often over-cooked we found it very tasty. Must admit though they need to vary a little more their breakfast menu. ''The Oriental'' was very good and service was impeccable. ''Clippers''... well...went there once and never returned.
As for the location, it is simply perfect and has to be the main feature of this place; beach is awesome and it was very quiet when we were there. Our pool view room was simple but very clean and comfortable; i'd recommend it.
Oh,and if you're looking to play tennis, don't expect much of the two courts there...need a Lot of work.
As for the staff, it was surprising how some of them could be warm, friendly and attentive, and how others could be so incredibly indifferent and obviously couldn't care much about us even being there to pay their salary. Michelle at the bar would not even acknowledge our presence and would not even look us in the eyes...wow! I know you have to understand people are different but a little respect goes a long way.
In that regard, Tim the barman was AMAZING! Great man with a lot of talent behind the bar (even has a book of his accomplishments). My girlfriend showed up at his bar one night with a passion fruit and asked him to create something special with it; he created this amazing drink. Humanity, Coolness and Talent...that's how i would describe this ''Music Encyclopedia''.
Overall, great stay, great drinks and ...we'll be back for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fronted by one of the most popular beaches in St Lucia and backed by charismatic Rodney Bay, the St Lucian by Rex Resorts has an unrivalled location on the Caribbean shore of this beautiful island. By day, the focus is on the stunning sandy beach where the glistening Caribbean waters tempt paddlers, swimmers and sporting enthusiasts from their sun-loungers. Enjoy international cuisine at the Mariners Restaurant which affords spectacular views across the sea. After dinner, experience the unique mix of local and cosmopolitan nightlife at a choice of atmospheric bars in Rodney Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Expedia, West Indies, TravelUp and Booking.com so you can book your St. Lucian by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Lucian By Rex Hotel Castries
- St Lucian Rex Resorts
- Rex St Lucian
- St. Lucian By Rex Resorts St. Lucia/Gros Islet