I stayed at the Rex for Jazz, lovely location, shame about the treatment received by a lot of the staff. Difficult to get seved at the bar, bar staff chatting amongst themselves, and seemed to be oblivious to the fact guest were waiting to be served. Very surly staff, no smiles were forth coming. Staff at breakfast was a joke, every morning we had to ask for tea or coffee, go hunting to other tables for salt and pepper. Our breakfast plates and knife and forks were whisked away if we dared to stop for a few seconds, then we had to go hunting again for ANOTHER set of cutlery!! They ran out of food for breakfast, everyone complaining asking where is the food???
Turned up for breakfast the next morning to be told we were "late" 9.45am? I explained that breakfast was still going on yesterday at 10.30am, her reply was "thats because you turned up late"!!! Excuse me, I was not late, but arrived at 9.15am and still has not received any food by 10.20am!! Tea was cold when you did eventually get a cup! and if you dared to ask for a HOT cup of tea, the repsone would be a roll of the eyes and a kmt!!!
On the whole we felt mosy unwelcome, obviously the staff are not happy working here, may be it is a management issue?? Certainly heard lots of people complaing about the attitude of the staff!
Such a shame as a really good location on a beautiful beach!! The staff need more training in customer service skills for sure. We got to the stage were we dreaded going into the restaurant, and eat out quite a few nights instead!! No snacks available during the day, I asked for a sandwich one after noon to be told "not at the moment"....I mean what is the supposed to mean? what come back in 10 mins?, or half an hour? or you just cant be bothered to organise one??
When I questioned this further, I was told "oh ok we can make you a sandwich and some fries"
But really why does everthing feel like such hard work when trying to order food, or drinks???
There are much better hotels in the same area, who do not make you feel like your an inconvience.
Bay gardens hotel is much better!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fronted by one of the most popular beaches in St Lucia and backed by charismatic Rodney Bay, the St Lucian by Rex Resorts has an unrivalled location on the Caribbean shore of this beautiful island. By day, the focus is on the stunning sandy beach where the glistening Caribbean waters tempt paddlers, swimmers and sporting enthusiasts from their sun-loungers. Enjoy international cuisine at the Mariners Restaurant which affords spectacular views across the sea. After dinner, experience the unique mix of local and cosmopolitan nightlife at a choice of atmospheric bars in Rodney Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Hotels.com, TravelUp, West Indies and Booking.com so you can book your St. Lucian by Rex Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Lucian By Rex Hotel Castries
- St Lucian Rex Resorts
- Rex St Lucian
- St. Lucian By Rex Resorts St. Lucia/Gros Islet