“Heavenly Food!!!”

Flavours of the Grill
Ranked #3 of 83 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Price range: US$9 - US$31
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2011

We have been going to St. Lucia every year for 19 years. We are foodies and go to a different restaurant every night. Flavours of the Grill is a local place with a Chef that is gifted in the art of preparing heavenly dishes! The sauces are to die for! The prices are half the cost of the other places and we fell in love with the Chef and the lovey Danette! Danette will charm you with her delightful stories and the Chef will make your taste buds melt! We would eat at this restaurant every night!

7  Thank junglepalm7

Reviewed 7 July 2011

This is not your polished, touristy, resort like restaurant. But it is the sort of friendly place I would eat at regularly if I lived here. The atmosphere is inviting, the food is savory, delicious, and half the price of anywhere else. Bring cash as they don't take credit cards (typical for local places) but bring your appetite, you won't be disappointed.

6  Thank bermuda_explorer
Reviewed 7 June 2011

This is the one Restaurant in all of Saint Lucia that customers can have a unique dining experience at a fraction of the price at others. This Restaurant is located in the heart of Gros Islet Town. The young, courteous and friendly owner / chef - O'Nell Daly is very passionate about delivering quality food and service to his customers. The experience was definitely beyond my expectatation. I highly recommend the Pork Chop, I will be a customer for life. My friends love eating at this retaurant.

6  Thank edharas
Reviewed 8 May 2011

I was down in St. Lucia for the annual jazz fes and got wind of this restaurant in Gros Islet well away from the festivities. I was sure glad I made it because I had to go back for one more plate of food. Chef O'Nell is hands down - a craftsman. Everything was made to order and I waited in eager anticipation everytime my server Esma or Danette (his fiancee) came out of the kitchen with plates of food. I truly got some good flavours/fusions at his tastefully decorated restaurant near the sea. The soups I tried (pumpkin and cream of vegetable) were nothing short of gourmet, and anything raw he puts on the grill comes off well seaonsed and melt in your mouth and leaving you begging to come back. Then those desserts are just off the chain, they are made fresh each day and totally seals the deal. What is most remarkable is being able to sit with O'Nell and hear his story and somehow identify with him - who would have thought he went to school to do business management and then came out and lived his dream to be a Chef. Well I am sure happy he ain't pushing paper in an office but instead is using his hands to bless others with that magic. I quite think these prices are a steal - this is EXTRA value for money! There should be no iffs/ ands/ or buts ..... just go!

7  Thank Stoogie37
Reviewed 27 February 2011

Flavours of the Grill, Ste Lucia.
We went to Flavours of the Grill on January 25, 2011 for a small wedding reception. We wanted something typically Caribbean but with quality and reasonable price. At Flavours of the Grill, we found all of that and more. First, when we arrived, they had a just married sign over the door. Nice touch. The restaurant is colourful and a good size accommodating many people and staying intimate at the same time. The service is personal and friendly. The most important, the food is delicious. The restaurant belongs to Chelf O”nell. We were a party of six, took each a different meal and everybody had one comment. DELICIOUS. There was none of the burning hot spices that kill the taste. One in the party thought that going to Flavours of the Grill was the best moment in our vacation. If you are looking to get out of the “ tourists “ restaurants and are looking for a real Caribbean feeling, don’t miss Flavours of the Grill. As for the price, you will be surprise that such delicious food cost so less. I reserved through internet and there was no problem. Do not miss.
Richard Lacombe, Canada