“The perfect meal for that very special occasion”

Trios Caribbean Fusion Restaurant
Price range: US$20 - US$65
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
St. Petersburg, FL
“The perfect meal for that very special occasion”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My wife and I were in St. Lucia for a vacation and I wanted to put together a dinner for a very special occasion. We arrived to the island late in the evening and ate a fabulous light dinner at Trios sister restaurant. After dinner I was able to meet Chef Joel to see if I could coordinate a special dinner for the next night. Chef Joel and I met the next day and the menu Chef Joel created would rival any I have had at a four star New York City Restaurant.

The appetizers of jerked lobster Caesar Salad had a beautiful island flare and the coconut shrimp were the best I had ever tasted. Light battered in an egg wash then dipped in fresh sweet coconut from St. Lucia and fried to perfection.

The main course was a tasty and tender piece of meat with a rub of intoxicating island spices served on a bed of julienned sweet vegetables, a side of sautéed Dasheen Croquets along with a service of four different sauces…. Each sauce better than the previous but all so good you had to try them again… and again.

Chef Joel had pastry Chef Antonio prepared a plate of desserts that stood up to the meal we had just finished. Flourless Chocolate Cake, Passion Fruit Mousse and a lovely Basil Crème Brulee’ were all mouth-watering. We wished we had room for seconds.

Our waiter Kamal was polite (as is the entire island) and very professional. To make the meal even more special both Chef Joel and Chef Antonio each came out and described their creations to us.

Words have not been coined that can adequately express how enjoyable Chef Joel made our meal at Trios. The food excellent, the service excellent, but in the end they just made us feel very special on a very special evening. Go to the restaurant… enjoy the people and the food… You will not regret it.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank wbreaden

St. Petersburg, FL
“Exceptional Dining Experience at Trios gets my Rave Review”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I have travelled all over the Caribbean and my evening at Trios, as a result of one of the most creative and unassuming chefs I have encountered was superb. By far the best coconut shrimp ever, sauces that enhanced but not overwhelmed, and a selection of perfectly prepared and presented courses, make this my favorite dining experience in years. The medley of desserts that followed Chef Joel's courses were equally divine.
While the restaurant is street side, and may lack for some, my attention was on my plate and the
artistic presentation of food and flavor.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank eaganad
Trinidad
“Excellent Service in Trios Caribbean Fusion Restaurant”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My friend and I made a reservation to dine in Trios. We had a 10% discount coupon and upon reservation, we were advised that we would receive a further 10% (so 20% in total). On arrival we were professionally welcomed and promptly seated. Our waiter, Antonicious was very pleasant and flexible. If there was something on the menu which we did not see, he assured us that he would do his best to organize it. He was even willing to go to the sister resort's restaurant to bring a menu (if we thought that the Trios menu was limited). Now that is going above and beyond the call of duty. Other restaurants need to take a page out of Trios' book when it comes to service delivery. Keep up the excellent customer service Trios. I will definitely return when next I am in SLU.

• Visited July 2013
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Go Elsewhere”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

My sister and I visited this restaurant on the recommendation of an employee at the hotel. We were staying at the hotel across the road and thought it was very convenient. The decor was exquisite and the staff were polite. However, the menu was very limited. I ordered the pumpkin soup and the fish entree. I asked about what the chicken was served with, but ordered the fish. The difference between the soup of the day and the soup on the menu.... shaved almonds. So my dish came without it and when I pointed it out, the waitress returned and put it on the soup. That should have been the first clue to leave. The soup was cold and salty. Second clue. I ate prob 1/4 of the soup and told the waiter when he came to clear it that I didn't like it. He said he relayed the message, but neither his supervisor or the chef came to inquire why it came back almost full. The folks about 2 tables away also ordered fish and got their order before us. It smelled so fresh. It did not smell like the meat was washed at all. We figured it was the fish from the smell. When I got my meal, the chicken ( yes chicken even though I ordered the fish) was hard and tasted like re-fried Chinese chicken. Once I discovered it was chicken, I kept it because I really couldn't think that the smell of the fish would be better at my table. They advertise it as Rodney Bay's best kept secret. That is one disgusting little secret that should be kept.

• Visited May 2013
baygardensresorts, Manager at Trios Caribbean Fusion Restaurant, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
It is very unfortunate that you had this sort of experience at Trios. This is not in keeping with our standards. We always endeavour to provide our guests with the best dining experience which consists of equal parts great food and great service. We will certainly work with the team to ensure that such a case does not occur in the future.
Glasgow
“Good Caribbean food,nice setting”
Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

We ate here twice during our stay at Bay Gardens beach resort. Each time I had the spare ribs, very meaty and very spicy. My husband had the lobster; he was not disappointed. Staff are attentive, altogether a pleasant experience.

Visited April 2013