“Sunday Lunches”

Golden Taste
Ranked #15 of 85 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: You have a few incidental mentions of it on the forums
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The food, staff and ambiance are amazing. Good value for money!! The food will hit every inch of your taste buds and have you coming back for more.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When on a limited budget and wit plenty of time the Golden Taste is the perfect place for dinner. Meals are well priced and nobody is in a hurry

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

What a shame . The food was awful and the red snapper wasn’t fresh . With the fish market just round the corner there is no excuse to be serving frozen fish from the supermarket . Fed most of the food to the stray dogs around .
My to friends weren’t impressed either . The tuna was way over cooked and chewy.
Think it’s time you got a new cook . That one seems to have given up the will to cook

Reviewed 16 April 2018

My boyfriend and I had lunch here when we told our driver to take us somewhere local. The waitress seemed kinda rude, but I feel that's just how the culture is here. The food was ok but I think the portions were too big. I could not finish it all. I probably would not try this place again.

1  Thank Casey F
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

For 5 years, we have been regular patrons at both lunch and evening dinner. The quality has never been less than excellent, the servings always generous.
I enjoy grilled lambi and it was my last meal before flying home . Lambi is conch.
The BBQ ribs are massive, far beyond the tiny ones serves by other local venues.
Fresh salads, beans and rice, ground provisions, macaroni and cheese, scalloped potatoes fill your platter. The menu is quite consistent - why fool with success.
Often for lunch we has a grilled chicken caesar salad - fresh, crispy and fills your platter. There is a full bar but try a shandy!

There is a large takeout at lunchtime and the tables are host to local business men and women. We have enjoyed meeting and chatting with other diners. Often new tourists will look warily and ask us about the dining. We are all too happy to recommend this establishment.
The silent, flatscreen TV may have news, sports or just local events playing. The facilities are as clean and modern as you would expect.

Hope to return soon!