“Teacher "teechaa"”

Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Teacher "teechaa"”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Fidel was great. Took the ride up the hill to see the atlantic side with wife and 3 daughters. We were blown away. We did alot of amazing things as we like adventure on the island but everyone agreed this was the highlight. Teechaa (Fidel) was great with my 13,15,17 y/o daughters who have only riden a horse about 3 times before this trip. Better than sulphur springs, reduit beach, pigeon island look out Cap Maison and even seeing the Pitons. That pretty much says it all.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank ColeA217

Minneapolis,MN
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Tried to demand double the agreed upon rate”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Andrea at the Cas en Bas beach (near Cotton Bay Village) had called them to arrange the horses. She is very nice and helped us negotiate a good price, $25 US each for a short ride along the beach and then into the water (I had expected about twenty minutes or so). Fidel brought three horses from the stables (about 40 minutes) and we had a short ride on the beach and then he took of the saddles and we rode them into the ocean, under his directions, shouted from the beach. The horses I thought we nice, of course their backbone is a bit uncomfortable bareback, but that is to be expected. I would wear shorts rather than bikini. The trouble came at the end of the ride when Fidel demanded twice the agreed upon price, $50 US per person, and even threatened to send his boss after us if we didn't pay. I did give him $30 per person, which from talking to other stables is the going rate for a short ride and then into the ocean, but refused to go higher. The entire ride was about one half hour. The shakedown at the end was unpleasant. By no means a professional operation.

Visited March 2013
Ottawa, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“This was a highlight!!”
Reviewed 11 January 2013

We had 3 riders and two that wanted to take pictures at the beach. Fidel and Douglas picked us up at the resort and we watched the riders get ready. Some of the equipment was a little tired but newer looking helmets were a must... Douglas wanted to provide a safe and fun experience! Once they rode off, with Douglas as their guide, Fidel drove us two photographers to the beach. We got some great pictures and my daughter, a rider, enjoyed a canter on the beach and a swim on a horse! We purchased a rum punch while listening to Larry p sing some great tunes! We were very glad we saw the Atlantic coast and all loved this outing, both the horse riders and the car riders! We would do this again! The number for the stable is 714-7433

Visited January 2013
Richmond, Virginia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Not exactly as advertised”
Reviewed 18 November 2012

This horseback riding trip was ok. We thought we would be riding on the beach and in the water. When we were dropped off at the stables, the person assigning horses barked orders at everyone. When we went for our ride, it was down a mountainous dirt road with a lot of ruts and gravel. This would have been ok, but the horses were older and not well kept and it was scary wondering if one would trip and fall...or not make it back up on our way back. We were taken to a beach are! But had to get off the horses and didn't ride on the beach. The locals there were very active in trying to sell their wares and getting to to take pictures. Then each couple was allowed to get on horses--bare backed and walk into the ocean with a guide. The horses were scrawny (aka not comfortable to ride barebacked) and had sores on their backs. Not pleasant.

Visited October 2012
4 Thank Debbi I
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great riding, healthy horses, beautiful scenery.”
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We were picked up by the owner Fidell from our hotel and driven to the stables. My daughter is an experienced rider and I had never been on a horse! Our guide was Douglas who held my horse on a lead rope. We went to a beautiful, deserted Atlantic beach where my daughter was able to canter on the beach and swim in the sea. It was fab. The stables were clean and the horses looked well fed unlike the trimms horses that we saw on the beach. A couple of them were far too thin, their ribs showing and their hind quarters painfully visible. One of the horses was whipped in the sea by one of the guides which really upset my daughter. It was just myself and my daughter and douglas, no one else, the trimms group was huge. Holiday riding stables seem less well known but I highly recommend them.