“Superb pasta”

Ranked #18 of 83 Restaurants in Gros Islet
Price range: US$0 - US$60
Cuisines: Caribbean, French, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Only Mediterranean Cuisine on Island with a Creole Touch. The Best Selection of Seafood, Meat and Authentic Fresh Pasta.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Superb pasta”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I took my wife and 6 year old daughter to Blue Olive for an early evening meal during a 10 day stay in St Lucia in April 2014.

We all chose dishes from the pasta menu. My daughter had spaghetti bolognese (small portion provided on request) and I had tagliatelle pesto with extra chicken breast on top and my wife had a ravioli dish.

It was all well cooked and nicely presented, a cut above many Italian restaurants in the UK that I have been to.

I did not really need the chicken breast on mine and it pushed the cost up quite a lot but I suppose that was my fault.

My one criticism is that my daughter's meal came a fair bit (at least 10 minutes, if not more) before the adult meals. It didn't matter too much because she is a slow eater but in my view restaurants should bring out all meals at the same time. Eating out is a social occasion.

Visited April 2014

Castries, St. Lucia
“Great Cuisine, Great Service”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

It was the second time coming here with my girlfriend and the food was great. This time around we had the two course lunch special. The chicken in mushroom sauce with potatoes, salad and ground provisions was really well done; except ground provisions aren't really my thing. My girlfriend also really enjoyed her Kingfish with rice, salad and everything else on her plate. Afterwards, our passion fruit pie with ice-cream was more than delicious. Wish I could take a whole pie home.

The service is quick and the staff are friendly. Definitely recommend.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“A nice restaurant”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This restaurant is a pleasant place to visit and the pasta is of a very high quality, however, there are little things that could be done to make improvements which would really enhance the experience.

I found it disappointing the fact that the only available table water was EC20 (approximately £5) for a bottle that served four glasses. Perhaps I am being a little bit of a kill-joy, but when one asks for table water and goes on to make a large wine order, this felt a little sneaky on their part.

Orders were taken and it wasn't for another 10 or so minutes that the waitress came back to tell us that one of the meals was not available. This restaurant is certainly at the higher end of the range of restaurants in the Rodney Bay area and I really do feel that when you pay for a service like this one, the serving staff should be a little more efficient in knowing the availability.

• Visited April 2014
“Very good”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Very nice place. Food was prepared professionally. Everyone enjoyed their meals. Not the most glamorous location, but who really cares. Very easy to get a cab.

Visited April 2014
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Good food but terrible service ”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

We visited the Blue Olive early one evening off the back of the trip advisor reviews and I would agree that the food is to a high standard and well presented. The location is on the first floor of the shopping centre and the setting and decor was good with seating areas either inside or on a balcony outside which is where we chose to be seated so you can look over the street area for some people watching. I had a stuffed crab started which was excellent, well presented and about as good as it gets, my wife went for a goats cheese salad which she was also impressed with. To follow I had the red snapper which was also very tasty and well presented but my wife went for the tagliatelle with a mushroom sauce and was disappointed to find that they must have used just one very small mushroom as she struggled to find evidence of this! Kids had their pasta favourite, spaghetti bolognese and loved it. So all in all food good and thoroughly recommend it.........BUT, service was absolutely terrible. You have to accept in Caribbean that you wait a while for stuff but here, getting served was painfully slow and completely inattentive. We were going to get the kids some ice cream but the waitress when asked about flavour choice didn't even come back when she went off to find out! To be fair, we were told that they were short staffed but the management need to sort that out as it is no excuse and bad service had a completely detrimental effect on our views of this restaurant that ultimately does provide pretty good food.