Won't go back to St. Lucia. Travelled their Dec 22-Jan4th 2013. Found the native people in the Gros Islet restaurants, other business grumpy toward my girlfriend and I. In fact, I was trying to buy deli meat in the grocery store that we frequented and the deli worker intentionally chose the native shoppers behind me 3 consecutive times in a row. I spoke up about this when she was choosing the 4th person behind me and this customer gestured that I should be served next. My speaking up embarrassed my girlfriend and started a disagreement between her and I even though she felt I was being discriminated against too - come all this way and am paying this kind of money to have these experiences - no thank-you. We felt many times unwanted in a city that I was dropping heavy money in. Could be this area is underdeveloped when it comes to tourism. l felt for the money I was spending(no discounts here) their could have been more hospitality and politeness and less grumpiness shown to us. We are very polite people.
Long windy 1 1/2hour trip from the airport to our hotel - can make you car sick. Same experience to get to the Grand Titons to hike.
Bay Gardens Inn - a clean reasonably price hotel but no much else - best part of the hotel was sister agreement it has with the Bay Gardens Beach Resort - spent every day at this resort on the beach and loved it. Reduit Beach is an amazing beach.
Bay Gardens Inn staff not that friendly, Bay Garden's Beach Resort staff very friendly. At the Bay Gardens Inn, check that the frosting on your bathroom window has not been scratched away to allow someone to look in. We noticed this on our room and several of the adjoining rooms. We put a towel up on the inside of the window to obscure the view. Would recommend you stay at the Bayview Beach Resort and pay the extra money - worth it in the end.
Had one of the best New Years Eve's of my life at Spinakers which is right beside the Bayview Beach Resort. The high price of $110US per person is worth it. This event and spending time on Reduit Beach at Bay Garden's Beach Resort were the highlights of our trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This cozy, romantic, 33-room hotel is a tropical paradise that offers all of the pleasures of charming island life. Conveniently located in the island epicenter of Rodney Bay, the Bay Gardens Inn offers spacious modern rooms, each with a private terrace, exquisite Saint Lucian cuisine, and a high standard of service that creates an atmosphere for ultimate relaxation. The Bay Gardens Inn is a paradise for the vacationing family, the ideal spot for a conference retreat, or a romantic escape for couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Bay Gardens Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Gardens Hotel Gros Islet
- Bay Gardens Inn St. Lucia/Gros Islet