“Great small hotel - Perfect for enjoying Rodney Bay and the island”
Review of Bay Gardens Inn

Bay Gardens Inn
Ranked #1 of 15 Gros Islet B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 1 December 2006

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Bay Gardens Inn. From the moment we arrived until the moment we left all of the staff were a credit to their Manager (she is so lively, who couldn't be)??

The location of the Inn is great, as it is very close to the bus stop, supermarket and also well within stumbling distance from the bars if you have one two many Pitons or Rum punches.

Having a fridge in the room is a great help, as snacks, drinks and lunches can be bought relatively cheaply from the supermarket, if you don't really fancy going for something formal.

We like many other visitors, prefer the small friendly hotels even if they are not directly on the beach. On one occasion we ventured in to a gift shops of one of the 3 main AI hotels that is based on Reduit Beach, the poor service made me very thankful that we were making the 10 minute walk back to the Bay Gardens.

The reception staff were particularly helpful when our transfer to the airport didn't turn up. Despite having a wedding party arriving at the same time, they still managed to contact our tour operator and organise for them to send another taxi.

We have stayed at many high class hotels across the world, as well as a mixture across 7 Caribbean Islands, and the staff at the BGI were as genuine as we have witnessed.

We are returning to the Inn early 2007 and can't wait to get there.

• Stayed: December 2005, travelled as a couple
7  Thank spider03

Reviewed 1 November 2006

My sister and I stayed here for one week at the beginning of October and just loved it. If we came back to the island we would without a doubt book here again.
It was just within walking distance of great shops and restaurants and the beach. The staff were so friendly and the food (we tried dinner and breakfast there) was so fresh and tasty. The facilities were immaculate, you could have eaten your dinner of any floor, outside and in! Thank you all for our great holiday.

• Stayed: October 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank scooby_w
Reviewed 22 October 2006

I just spent three nights at Bay Garden Inn for a meeting. The staff is extremely friendly, the breakfast is excellent, the rooms are spacious and immaculately clean. Most of the balconies overlook the pool which was great for swimming laps. There is also a little Day Spa where I had a pedicure and message. The prices were good and the therapists were pleasant and quite good. BGI is a small, affordable and comfortable property. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank barl16
A TripAdvisor Member
Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2006

There is a special charm about Bay Gardens Inn that made my Wedding perfect. I had a few doubts at first when I found it on the internet but those doubts were quickly swept away by the golden treatment I received from the staff upon my arrival. It was simply superb. There was a nice cozy flow to how everything unfolded that just left my guests and me in awe of the wonderful work of the Bay Gardens Inn staff.

Ms. Patrick the super-energized and warm Manager took care of my husband and I very well. It was simply amazing because all of the staff made us feel very comfortable at every turn it is unforgettable. The rooms were well arranged, kept spotlessly clean, decorated and wonderfully maintained for us.

All the stress I had anticipated having just continued to melt away the longer we stayed. It was simply memorable the way they worked hard just to make it happen for us. The way they paid attention to detail and allowed us the time and space to enjoy the event will be something I will never forget.

Our one week stay which included our Wedding and Honey Moon on the 27th May, 2006 was really like a dream - I mean from the pick-up at the airport, to the warm encouragement from everystaff, the beautiful decorations, timing, garden decor and the arrangements for the wedding. Everything just fell right into place. Oh the food, it was simply sumptuous. During the speeches some of our relatives spoke about how the ambience of the intimate Bay Gardens setting and the staff made them feel specially catered to.

I am so happy that I chose Bay Gardens Inn and I encourage anyone of you looking for a great place to wed to head directly to Bay Gardens Inn I must stress again -IT IS THE PERFECT PLACE TO STAY-. You will be overwhelmed by their hospitality and expertise. Ms. Patrick is like a diamond on what is already a golden crown. I wish to offer my heartfelt thanks once again to Ms. Patrick and her staff for giving us an unforgettable wedding experience.I am looking forward to a return vocation in the near future.

Even a handful of sunshine wouldn't be enough to thank the Management and Staff of Bay Gardens Inn

• Stayed: May 2006
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Southampton, England
Reviewed 9 February 2006

We were delighted with our choice of the Bay Gardens Inn for our 1-week holiday in St Lucia. It exactly matched our requirements for a small, quiet, locally owned and run hotel. The manager was a friendly presence every day, and the staff very helpful yet not overbearing. The garden in the courtyard with its small pool was a delightful place to relax and meet other guests. It seemed a good sign that it is patronised by Caribbean people as well as tourists from far away. It is next door to a local mall with a supermarket, close to tourist shops and bars and the beach is 10 minutes walk away. The food was a little limited for us as vegetarians but when a conference party stayed we were treated to an excellent buffet dinner. We would recommend the place - much better than one of those gigantic multinational concerns which hardly benefit the local economy

• Stayed: January 2006
20  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 November 2005

We stayed at the Bay Gardens Inn in the last week of November 2005. The hotel was perfect; rooms, balcony and bathrooms are a good size and very clean. The pool, although small is quiet and the surrounding gardens pretty. All staff are the most helpful and friendly I have ever come across and really made us feel at home.

Situated towards the end of the main strip of Rodney Bay, the beach is a 15 minute walk and all the bars and restaurants are within a 5-10 minute walk. There are plenty to choose from and the quality of the food in all restaurants we visited was fantastic.

I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a room only option rather than an all inclusive.

• Stayed: November 2005
17  Thank joegood
Reviewed 3 October 2005

As a regular world traveller staying in a wide and varied selection of accommodation, from hotels, to apartments, and this year even a cave hotel for the first time! I had to write about the Bay Gardens INN in St Lucia.

I stayed at the Bay Gardens INN in September 2005 (room 150) and it is just first class in every way.
The hotel is small, (if you like hotels with hundreds of impersonal rooms, lots of people and noise this is not for you) however if you want to relax, chill out, and enjoy a personal service I can recommend this hotel.

From walking into reception, you are greeted like a friend, nothing seems too much trouble, the staff and manager are polite, attentive, and efficient and in one word fantastic.
I have seen so many receptions that it is hard to even get noticed, let alone be looked after, and it makes such a refreshing change to see how professionals do it. You are a person not a room number, and that counts for a great deal when I stay in hotels. They have got it just right.

The rooms are first class, clean, comfortable, air conditioned, well maintained with everything from a fridge, kettle and iron to plenty of hot water and shower gel. So many hotels I visit you have to ask for more hangers, more towels, an ironing board, we have all been there, but this place has it all waiting for you, with complete info on the services, maps, menus etc
The pool and gardens are so well maintained and mature, all you need to do is relax.
It is hard to sum up how highly I can recommend this hotel, I am so used to writing poor reviews, where the management clearly do not care, it is so pleasing to praise a hotel, but it is so good that words fail me, all I can say is if you get to St Lucia you must stay at the Bay gardens inn, it is the place to stay and a perfect base to enjoy the many places to visit and enjoy on the island.

• Stayed: September 2005
#3 of 13 in Gros Islet
Coco Palm Resort
Coco Palm Resort
#2 of 6 in Rodney Bay

Been to Bay Gardens Inn? Share your experiences!